[ROM] MROM-Vivow [CM7] build:20130401

Search This thread

Rushead

May 18, 2012
L.A., CA
Thanks for testing out my build. Regarding the camera, I also provided MIUI camera, which should behave a little better... regarding the battery life, I have intentions of producing my own battery savings kernels, just like a did for the Atrix, it will take a little time to complete... I have to say that I came from stock build and the battery life is much better now... it even compares to Unity...

Not to take anything away from this build. It's a great build. I'm just spoiled by the sense camera snappiness and battery life (ironic that it's so good now). You've done a great job with cm7. Can't wait for the new kernel!

dirtsky

Not to take anything away from this build. It's a great build. I'm just spoiled by the sense camera snappiness and battery life (ironic that it's so good now). You've done a great job with cm7. Can't wait for the new kernel!

Ive been using this rom since it was posted and its been running great for me. no issues what so ever. battery life has been excellent (but i have an extended battery) but im able to get 2 days out of this and Im even overclocking it to 1.2ghz on the conservative governor.

ZR2Noma

Mar 29, 2011
Think I'm going to give this a shot when I get off work. Running cm9, and just tired of the crappy data, play store problems on cm9. Ran cm7 when I first rooted this inc 2. We'll give your build a shot and see how it goes. :)

CM9'd Inc2 on Xda Premium

Rushead

May 18, 2012
L.A., CA
Think I'm going to give this a shot when I get off work. Running cm9, and just tired of the crappy data, play store problems on cm9. Ran cm7 when I first rooted this inc 2. We'll give your build a shot and see how it goes. :)

CM9'd Inc2 on Xda Premium

It's probably one of the best cm7 builds.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

mmontuori

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2008
Columbia, SC
www.montuori.net
I am planning on updating, not necessarily on the same schedule as the nightly builds... this rom is not modded, it's actually compiled from source... I also make sure that the new source code does not cause any problems...

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ZR2Noma

jbarcus81

Jul 30, 2010
Marietta, OH
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
This is strange, if you could provide a logcat and submit it, instructions are located in the main post...

Certainly.. give me a few minutes here...

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Here you go.. I did my best.. While logcat was running I unlocked the screen 3 times and not once was there a lock screen to use.. Just went to home..

http://pastebin.com/BdBW07Cb

PharmCAT

Apr 27, 2011
I think I have narrowed down to where the problem with the lockscreen is coming from, I think it has to do with the GAPPS of the MROM. I did a full wipe, clear cache/davlik, etc.

When using "MROM-gapps-gb-09212012.zip (147)" - lockscreen doesn't appear
When using "Gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (2774)" - lockscreen appears and functions like normal

Reactions: Linch89

mmontuori

Feb 27, 2008
Columbia, SC
www.montuori.net
I appreciate the research about this issue, the mrom gapps was created to simplify the process, I will take a look at the file to figure out what the problem is... in the mean time only use the gapps-gb file...

jbarcus81

Jul 30, 2010
Marietta, OH
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
I think I have narrowed down to where the problem with the lockscreen is coming from, I think it has to do with the GAPPS of the MROM. I did a full wipe, clear cache/davlik, etc.

When using "MROM-gapps-gb-09212012.zip (147)" - lockscreen doesn't appear
When using "Gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (2774)" - lockscreen appears and functions like normal

Alrighty.. Let me try using the gapps from CM...

Ok.. flashed with the original gapps packages and all is fine. With the other gapps package you provide lock screen is broken and initial setup doesn't run.. But with the usual gapps it's all good in the hood!!

Last edited:

rijujeevan

Aug 8, 2012
Calicut
Thanks dev for this super rom.fast,stable and ultra smooth. Loves the look..fantastic.no bugs feeled yet.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

ZR2Noma

Mar 29, 2011
So, I have been running this for roughly 16 hrs straight. And haven't encountered a force close or slow down what so ever. Everything seems to be working great. Smooth, stable, fast and looks freaking sweet. Great job, think ill use this as my DD. :)

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Gattaca7

Mar 19, 2011
Hmm I love stability, smoothness, and reliability. I'm currently using Condemned's CM7.2 v1.6. How does this ROM compare to that?

mmontuori

Feb 27, 2008
Columbia, SC
www.montuori.net
Just wanted to point out that the problem with the home/search, and weird lockscreen is corrected by following the installation steps in the main post. First flash MROM zip file, boot the phone without gapps, reboot in recovery and flash gapps. There is nothing wrong with the MROM gapps... it works fine... this is a common cyanogen mode 7 problem... for ROM updates, you don't have to this anymore, you can flash one on top of the other without rebooting...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing MROM-Vivow. Custom ROM for the HTCI2

This is my attempt to build a stable, complete, and fully functional custom ROM for the HTC Incredible 2 completely built from source code; HTCI2-MROM is built on top of Cyanogen ROM latest source code. I recompiled all components to guarantee maximum efficiency and performance. Along the way, I realized that I needed things to work different for the HTCI2, so I also made some changes. If you like my work, consider a donation to my cause.

HTCI2-MROM is entirely build from source. You will see the difference when you run it. Just to list a few features:
    • Optimum battery life, better than any other ROM I have tested
    • Quick, responsive
    • Contains all the most common HTCI2 tweaks
    • MIUI Camera for a better picture experience
    • QuickPic gallery application
    • Rotating Lights

While I tried to maintain the main core small, size is not the main focus.

Before posting negative comments about the ROM. Browse the thread and the FAQ. http://www.montuori.net/android-mrom/mrom-faq-2/

Requirements:
    • Clockworkmod or compatible recovery
    • HTCI2 with an unlocked bootloader

WARNING: I DECLINE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN DAMAGING YOUR PHONE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS IN ANY PROCESS DESCRIBED ON THIS PAGE.

Installation:
    • Backup your current ROM
    • Boot Clockworkmod recovery
    • Perform a factory reset (data and cache) *** THIS IS ONLY REQUIRED IF COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM ***
    • Clean dalvik cache
    • Install HTCI2-MROM zip file
    • Boot the phone
    • Reboot in recovery and install Google Apps (this is required to avoid the home and search button not working)
    • If applicable, re-apply the addon package
    • Reboot
    • 1st reboot takes a little longer

Update from a previous version:
    • This updates are could introduce instabilities, they are provided as an independent package
    • Download file HTCI2-MROM-yyyymmdd-update.zip. THIS CAN ONLY BE APPLIED ON TOP OF A PREVIOUS HTCI2-MROM
    • Install Google Apps
    • Put the file somewhere on the sdcard
    • Backup your ROM via clockworkmod recovery. To revert from this update, restore the /system partition only
    • Boot into recovery and install zip
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • If applicable, re-apply the addon package
    • Reboot (1st reboot takes a little longer)

THE SERVER RUNS ON PAID SERVICES TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR YOU, HELP KEEP IT OPEN BY DONATING.

donor page: http://www.montuori.net/android-mrom/mrom-donors/

Please consider providing valuable FEEDBACK to the thread

DOWNLOAD HTCI2 MROM

Revlle was nice to provide a mirror: http://vivow.pcharpoon.com/download/mrom.html

Download EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS (requires registration)

HTCI2-MROM Change Log: Change Log

File a bug report: here. Please provide good description and a fresh logcat.

To report bugs, follow these steps:
    • Install ADB (Google SDK) www.android.com for reference
    • Connect your phone to USB (Make sure USB Debugging is set)
    • run "adb logcat > {somefileonyourpc}"
    • Reproduce the problem
    • Press CRTL+C on your computer
    • Open a Bug Report, the link is on the main thread.
    • Make sure to attach the logcat file, a description of the problem, and the time it happened
    • After that, it can be tracked and I can ask additional information to solve

A great tutorial on how to use adb and logcat is located here

Screenshots:
    mrom-screenshot-1-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-2-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-4-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-5-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-6-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-7-168x300.png

All the ROM source code changes are available via my github repository https://github.com/MROM
    Kernel source code for this ROM is located here https://github.com/mmontuori/kernel-vivow-gb.git
    Not quite familiar with how to build roms yet, and I will respect the authors wishes not to mod. However, I would imagine a quick fix is calling aero's rotate_lights.sh from ActivityManagerService.updateConfigurationLocked(...).

Something like:

Code:
    try {
        Runtime.getRuntime().exec(String.format("/system/xbin/rotate_lights.sh %d", newConfig.orientation - 1));
    } catch (IOException e) {
        Slog.e("TAG", "Failed to execute rotate_lights.sh", e);
    }

This is a reasonable workaround, I will look into this for the next release.. thanks for suggesting...
    Mmontuori, any chance of an updated build with the changes for the 720 recording that have been mentioned?

Sent from my Incredible 2

Of course. It's time for a new build. Will include the changes for 720p recording...
    Glad you guys are enjoying the rom...

Thanks for testing my rom, within a day or two, a new update is coming to you... couple of minor bug fixes, but big changes on looks...