[ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]

Search This thread

Vernox701

May 14, 2008
Nevada
Just wanted to say thanks running this on my Dinc...haven't tested Bluetooth but WiFi connects to both open and secured networks, camera works preview is glitchy and keyboard lags overall very usuable

fallendown

Jan 20, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
OK I have it installed the following does not work

3.2.0 12/14/12 nightly

WIFI
DATA,
Wireless

Those are the big three, without those this ROM is kinda well useless. I didn't even bother installing GAPPS....

It is 4.2 though and has the lockscreen widgets and the status bar goodies......it would be perfect if everything worked.

I can run a logcat through ADB but the OP or someone more knowledgeable about them just needs to tell me when to run it, do I run it while the device is booting up? or what?

OK I have the Logcat -b radio from boot, how do I upload it lol

Last edited:

prototype7

Apr 16, 2012
New Hampshire
OK I have it installed the following does not work

3.2.0 12/14/12 nightly

WIFI
DATA,
Wireless

Those are the big three, without those this ROM is kinda well useless. I didn't even bother installing GAPPS....

It is 4.2 though and has the lockscreen widgets and the status bar goodies......it would be perfect if everything worked.

I can run a logcat through ADB but the OP or someone more knowledgeable about them just needs to tell me when to run it, do I run it while the device is booting up? or what?

OK I have the Logcat -b radio from boot, how do I upload it lol

Make it an attachment or put it on Dropbox or something. You saved it to a text file, right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
I believe i've got data/cell working. We've been having issues with our dedicated box and i've been trying to fix this last night & this morning. Give me a little bit of time and ill get a test build for ya'all. If anyone would want to hop on irc and to test it, please do.

plh233391

Loving this ROM i have gotten data to work on nightly 15 in still playing around with it let y'all know whats working and whats not in a few

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Most things seem to be working but camera and WiFi and Bluetooth I've tried 3 cams and its a no go ill keep tall updated

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

well I rebooted my phone and lost data could not get it back i plan on playing around with it more if i figure it out I will let yall know but as of now im stumped

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
Got data working, thanks to fallendown for logcatting and doing the testing. The fixes have been submitted, so the nightlies will reflect these changes. I'm gonna work on wifi and once it's good to go I'll pop p2 out for ya'al.

The rom looks nice and runs well so far. Also, for those interested: MMS works fine after setting the Verizon APN. Now if I had better than 1x data at home I could speak about how well other stuff runs.

Thanks preludedrew

FatGuyWithWifi

Oct 4, 2011
Lawrenceville, GA
Hey just wanted to give my list of bugs:
Setup wizard FCs on startup w/ gapps installed. Without them, still no data. Did 2 installs, but problems persisted. I needed data working so I didn't dwell on this ROM, so this is all I can report. Can't wait to have this working for a dd tho. 4.2 on my phone = amazazing :D

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Got data working, thanks to fallendown for logcatting and doing the testing. The fixes have been submitted, so the nightlies will reflect these changes. I'm gonna work on wifi and once it's good to go I'll pop p2 out for ya'al.

Oh sorry didn't see this before posting. Does the set up wizard still FC?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

fallendown

Jan 20, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
In my testing I haven't seen really any problems. Wifi, bluetooth, camera, those aren't really enabled at this point. I'm quite sure they will be soon. As far as the camera goes, it will probably be as buggy and slow as the current CM10 Roms available, not much can be done about that though.

This ROM is very fast and very responsive and includes all the Android 4.2.1 goodies. Great job so far Prelude....

Reactions: gtdtm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I apologize for those that had wanted an evervolv rom ages ago and I didn't come through for ya. So here's a jellybean 4.2 rom. It's rough, but definitely something to work with. I'm gonna keep this post short. Read through it for links to releases, nightlies and source.

Right now the current source we are working on is Jellybean (Android 4.2.x).

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current version: 3.2.0p1

Downloads:

Evervolv releases & nightlies

Below is the "Not working" or items that are buggy list. I'm going to keep it short and simple for the time being and let ya'all figure bugs out, and I will update this.

Items that need attention: (Not working or buggy)

*** Resetting this for v3.2 ***

Wifi

Here's a couple links to keep in mind:

My twitter: @preludedrew

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (The website has not been updated since our gingerbread builds... I know I know.)

IRC: #evervolv

Has the black screen after the lock screen issue been fixed yet?
    Also I'd like to know why i can't upload pictures to instagram

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

I've begun to ignore your posts. If you can't let me have a life and have some patience with that, then you're issues with the phone are way too important for me to devote my donated time. We're doing this for the fun of it. I don't use this phone, so working on this device has no positive effects on me. The only thing is that I love working on these devices, and I love working with ya'all to get things straightened out. There is always a challenge around the corner, and it's difficult to find 2 people with the same exact issues, which adds to the difficulty and the fun at the same time. I try to monitor xda for any issues ya'all have with the nightlies, I might not reply but it doesnt mean im not looking into the issues. School started up again this week, so i've been busy with a little bit of integration. For everyone else. I'm gonna come up with something for ya'all to help with reporting / debugging bugs with me. For those that can already do it, we're getting into some hardware / kernel related bugs because of the 3.0 kernel integration. The best things are to get a logcat and a dmesg, when the problem occurs. Both may not apply to every situation, but it won't hurt and it's just one extra step to help us help you.

Thanks
    -Andrew
    elginsk8r merged quite a bit of updates from the vivowct kernel. I was able to reproduce the UI freezing after exiting camera/camcorder before these patches, have not been able to with them. Please report back! Also, we're working on a portion of the Evervolv toolbox to handle nightlies, release and test builds. So might make things a little easier to track. Along with a bug tracker.
    We have a 3.0 kernel booting!

<6>[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    <5>[ 0.000000] Linux version 3.0.58-ga53dbaf (andrew@localhost) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Sat Mar 2 21:00:09 MST 2013
    <4>[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [511f00f1] revision 1 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7d
    <4>[ 0.000000] CPU: VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIVT ASID tagged instruction cache
    <4>[ 0.000000] Machine: vivow
    Commits that should fix then Phone FC ( occurs when the remote caller hangs up ), and the camera led are on gerrit. I'll most likely be gone this weekend, but will merged them when i get back. As far as the sound and UI freezing / black screen issues, those are next.