★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.x |CROMI-X UPDATE SOON| OC Kernel | OFFICIAL HELP THREAD ★★

Search This thread

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
With latest CROMI 3.4.1 booting time has improved.

Is that a question or a statement?

It depends on how many apps you have installed and which kernel you flash?

The more apps the longer it takes to optimize them on boot.

I don't really understand why people turn off their infinities. Can I ask why? You only lose a couple of % by leaving it in sleep mode and turning on is instantaneous so why bother to turn off?

Reactions: butcherbird

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Re: ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.x | DEODEX & ODEX | OC Kernel | OFFICIAL HELP THREAD ★★

Latest score with Hundsbuah fsync off.
u3y3u6yt.jpg

kangz890

Jan 12, 2013
Melbourne
problems flashing 3.4.1 via twrp 2330

hi first of all thanks for all roms,i luv lean rom.now i am running 3.2 and today i was flashing 3.4.1 and after i swipe to flash trwp starts and goes back to main menu.i tried wipe etc but no luck.did reset via twrp but nothing.can u help with this.also i use twrp2330 all the time and never had problems before.thanks again

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Re: ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.x | DEODEX & ODEX | OC Kernel | OFFICIAL HELP THREAD ★★

Has anyone noticed that after bringing the TF700 out of sleep, it takes forever before the "special" dock keys work? For example, if I wake up my TF700 and then press the bluetooth dock key, it takes 20-30 seconds before Bluetooth actually toggles (but I can do anything else on the tablet without issues).

Just curious if this is happening for everyone or just something with my setup...

Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro

Has anyone noticed that after bringing the TF700 out of sleep, it takes forever before the "special" dock keys work? For example, if I wake up my TF700 and then press the bluetooth dock key, it takes 20-30 seconds before Bluetooth actually toggles (but I can do anything else on the tablet without issues).

Just curious if this is happening for everyone or just something with my setup...

Thanks!

I noticed this the other day. Does it do it every time? Any ideas when it started happening?

jtrosky

May 8, 2008

I noticed this the other day. Does it do it every time? Any ideas when it started happening?

Yes, it does seem to happen every time. Definitely just started very recently, if not the last update, maybe the update before it? I'm assuming it's a Asus change, so there probably isn't much that you can do about it - just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me... :)

Thanks...

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes, it does seem to happen every time. Definitely just started very recently, if not the last update, maybe the update before it? I'm assuming it's a Asus change, so there probably isn't much that you can do about it - just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me... :)

Thanks...

Yeah I put it down to a one off after flashing some kernel the other day so wasn't really paying much attention. I reckon I must have flashed CROMI with different kernels over 200 times in the last 2 weeks! :eek: I'm going blind! :laugh: :silly: :cool:

Reactions: jtrosky

w00dS

Feb 23, 2013
Thibodaux
When installing this fantastic ROM, I couldn't decide on which launcher so I installed three. Well, I have decided to keep the stock launcher and Apex launcher. This leaves me with the need to delete the other launcher. Anyone give me a hint on how to do this without reflashing?

EDIT: Never mind....I figured it out.

Last edited:

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
When installing this fantastic ROM, I couldn't decide on which launcher so I installed three. Well, I have decided to keep the stock launcher and Apex launcher. This leaves me with the need to delete the other launcher. Anyone give me a hint on how to do this without reflashing?

Titanium backup can delete\remove unwanted apps from the system.

Reactions: w00dS

Thibor69

Titanium backup can delete\remove unwanted apps from the system.

Yes so can RomToolBox Pro .. which I am falling in love with more and more. :eek:

============

On another note .......
I think _that answered me on this question one time ... but as I am old and missing many brain cells I have forgotten. :cyclops:

I want to completely wipe my internal memory/storage. Obviously I do not want to touch the partitions at all. Just ALL the
old software crap that is on my emmc. ( I will re-install ALL my apps ) .... I have removed my MicroSD. I have twrp on internal.
I see a option to /wipe /format emmc.....

IS THIS SAFE TO DO ??? What exactly will it do. Were is TWRP located so it is safe ... on boot partition I assume.
Will I have to reflash anything other than CROMI ? ( of course I am currently
on CROMI 3.4.1 going to latest DeOxed 3.4.2 )

I am worried that deleting ../data/media on internal will have some ill effects ?

Please advise ! :p

Last edited:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

Yes so can RomToolBox Pro .. which I am falling in love with more and more. :eek:

============

On another note .......
I think _that answered me on this question one time ... but as I am old and missing many brain cells I have forgotten. :cyclops:

I want to completely wipe my internal memory/storage. Obviously I do not want to touch the partitions at all. Just ALL the
old software crap that is on my emmc. ( I will re-install ALL my apps ) .... I have removed my MicroSD. I have twrp on internal.
I see a option to /wipe /format emmc.....

IS THIS SAFE TO DO ??? What exactly will it do. Were is TWRP located so it is safe ... on boot partition I assume.
Will I have to reflash anything other than CROMI ? ( of course I am currently
on CROMI 3.4.1 going to latest DeOxed ) and I am in latest bootloader [JB] 10.4.4.25.

I am worried that deleting ../data/media on internal will have some ill effects ?

Please advise ! :p

You should have your TWRP on the external sdcard. If it's on the internal, you may delete your backups by mistake. wipe internal (delete all your user apps and everything on the internal), wipe system (delete your O/S), format sdcard (same as wipe internal, but deleting by format the data partition.) In your case, make a backup to your external sdcard, then wipe internal.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

Reactions: Thats OK

Thibor69

You should have your TWRP on the external sdcard. If it's on the internal, you may delete your backups by mistake. wipe internal (delete all your user apps and everything on the internal), wipe system (delete your O/S), format sdcard (same as wipe internal, but deleting by format the data partition.) In your case, make a backup to your external sdcard, then wipe internal.

Ok so with my MicroSD card installed now. This is what I have. As you can see TWRP is in fact on internal but mapped/linked from memory to external, BUT yes in reality it is on internal.

screen_20130302_1300.jpg

So my questions are should I do this?

1) Copy TWRP to actual external ( MircroSD ) or reinstall TWRP ?

2) OR just copy backups to MicroSD ?

3) after TWRP is "delt" with, then WIPE/FORMAT/DEL or "whatever" the internal memory via the TWRP option advanced|wipe /EMMC & /SYSYEM ect...

Now the INTERNAL ( EMMC ) will be empty but all partitions are intact right ?

4) Flash CROMI 3.4.1 --- then 3.4.2 from the MicroSD card.

All will be ok ??? bootloader / partitions

Cheers and sorry for the redundancy on all this.

Thibor

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

Ok so with my MicroSD card installed now. This is what I have. As you can see TWRP is in fact on internal but mapped/linked from memory to external, BUT yes in reality it is on internal.

So my questions are should I do this?

1) Copy TWRP to actual external ( MircroSD ) or reinstall TWRP ?

2) OR just copy backups to MicroSD ?

3) after TWRP is "delt" with, then WIPE/FORMAT/DEL or "whatever" the internal memory via the TWRP option advanced|wipe /EMMC & /SYSYEM ect...

Now the INTERNAL ( EMMC ) will be empty but all partitions are intact right ?

4) Flash CROMI 3.4.1 --- then 3.4.2 from the MicroSD card.

All will be ok ??? bootloader / partitions

Cheers and sorry for the redundancy on all this.

Thibor

Item 1 &2 - It doesn't matter, you can do either or both.
Item 3 - just do a wipe system and wipe internal. Now you have a clean internal (no data and no O/S)
Item 4 - now clean install cr 3.4.1 then update patch 3.4.2 from MicroSDcard.
Profit!

Reactions: Thibor69

Thibor69

Item 1 &2 - It doesn't matter, you can do either or both.
Item 3 - just do a wipe system and wipe internal. Now you have a clean internal (no data and no O/S)
Item 4 - now clean install cr 3.4.1 then update patch 3.4.2 from MicroSDcard.
Profit!

Thank you mate !! That's exactly what I will do as soon as I am home tonight, only one small change..... sbdags been busy again as you probably see :eek:)

so 3.4.1 then 3.4.2 then 3.4.3 ( guess I can skip .2 straight to .3 )

THanks
Thibor

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thank you mate !! That's exactly what I will do as soon as I am home tonight, only one small change..... sbdags been busy again as you probably see :eek:)

so 3.4.1 then 3.4.2 then 3.4.3 ( guess I can skip .2 straight to .3 )

THanks
Thibor

You can only go from 3.4.1 to 3.4.4 - I removed the rest as 3.4.4 is a consolidated patch of all the previous 'releases' :cyclops:

Reactions: Thibor69

butcherbird

Apr 6, 2011
SoCal
Hi, guys. Sorry, I know this is a CROMI help thread, but I know you guys could easily confirm this for me re: upgrading TWRP.

I followed these instructions to install TWRP 2.3.3.0 for the first time.
...flash the Team Win Recovery... (7:10)

[on PC] Select 1 in the ADB tool “Flash TWRP Recovery”

[on PC] Proceed by pressing any key after confirming you have the latest firmware installed on the tablet (7:38)

Within ~10 seconds, you will start “the fastboot USB protocol” (7:50)

[on tablet] press Volume DOWN (LEFT rocker) 2 times to select the USB icon; then, press the Volume UP (RIGHT rocker) to select USB

[on PC] press any key to proceed

[on tablet] Press Volume UP (RIGHT rocker) to select the RCK icon (8:30)

Team Win splash screen should appear

You’ve successfully flashed Team Win Recovery

Do I follow the exact same process to upgrade TWRP 2.3.3.0 with the latest version?

Thank you! :)

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

Hi, guys. Sorry, I know this is a CROMI help thread, but I know you guys could easily confirm this for me re: upgrading TWRP.

I followed these instructions to install TWRP 2.3.3.0 for the first time.

Do I follow the exact same process to upgrade TWRP 2.3.3.0 with the latest version?

Thank you! :)

Yes, should be the same or you just download goomanager from the market and use it to install the latest twrp, pretty simple and straight forward.

Reactions: butcherbird

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.x |CROMI-X UPDATE SOON| OC Kernel | OFFICIAL HELP THREAD ★★

------- LAST UPDATED ON 12.15.2013 ------

*** READ THIS UPDATE PLEASE 12/15/2013 ***

UPDATE READ ME !!
    I just wanted to let you all know I am in the process of doing a major overhaul on this help thread. It is VERY OUTDATED.
    I am very sorry for this, but real life took over for a while ..... I am still quite busy working 6 days a week, so it might take
    a while ... if anyone is able to help out and you know a good amount of info on at least installing and helping new guys with
    some simple questions, please let me know. Basically We will be fielding questions and help for:

1. [CROMi-X 5.2.x]
    2. [CROMi-X 5.2.x][ROM2SD]
    3. [CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.x]
    4. [CROMi-X-MiNi 1.3.x]
    5. [CleanROM Inheritance 3.5.x]

I will have to do a major re-write to the OP.... unless someone wants to help me with that ... :p

Anyways .... Thanks for your patients and in the mean time if you get no answers here, then please seek your
    answers in the developer OP for your ROM. (The above ROMS are linked to their respectful Developer OP)

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU READ THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS BELLOW AS THEY WERE MADE MAINLY FOR CLEANROM INHERITANCE NOT CROMI-X

Cheers all.
    THiBOR69

===================================================​

*** OFFICIAL ***

HELP THREAD & GUIDE FOR THE ASUS INFINITY (TF700) CUSTOM ROM...

* * * CLEAN.ROM.iNHERiTANCE * * *

aKa CROMI

DEODEX & ODEX version

CREATOR OF CLEAN ROM INHERITANCE

SBDAGS

SPECIAL THANKS TO
    .SCROSLER ( CROMI is based off his original work )
    .SurduPetru
    .Clemsyn
    .Buhohitr

A LITTLE BACKGROUND
    CleanROM Inheritance ..also known as CROMI.. is a stock based ROM designed from scratch from the ASUS Stock 10.4.4.23 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 WW release and updated to latest bootloader as needed. CROMI has its roots in the original CleanROM by Scrosler. Scrosler started the project and the 2.x series was largely based off his work with Sbdags' tweaks added. Starting with the 3.x series Sbdags took over the project and renamed it CleanROM Inheritance. He completely rebuilt it from a new Asus base by hand from the ground up. Extracting the rom and kernel, deblobbing, decompiling each and every apk to make it deodex ready, recompiling and rebuilding all the tweaks by hand and then testing and adding updated apks, etc. It has been all UPHILL From There !!!

Sbdags has taken this somewhat small project and turned it into a monster of a ROM ( in a good way ) The original idea was to base this ROM off the Asus stock one and keep it as close to stock as possible whilst also adding many new features and fixing a ton of code that Asus had screwed up AND keep it small in size. Sbdags has done this and more. Plus he updates like a madman. If there is any little issue with a release, you can bet he will have a fix for it within 24 hours. I do not think Sbdags is 100% human ... I also believe he never sleeps. :D ... Now that we have this awesome ROM ( in both a DEODEXED & ODEXED version ) and most of us are seeing Quadrant scores well over 7000, what could possibly be next ?? ...... Just wait and see what he has planned :D

• CleanROM Inheritance is targeted towards the user that wants a ROM with the ability to pick and choose the options they want! •
    • CleanROM Inheritance is tuned for performance and built for stability! •
    • CleanROM Inheritance is true to stock in looks! (subject to change) •
    • CleanROM Inheritance can be provisioned for US and non US – World Wide (WW) edition during install. •

For a FULL LIST OF FEATURES, AND THE FULL ROM DOWNLOAD SEE THE DEVELOPER'S RELEASE THREAD HERE

2pqwgi9.jpg

CleanRomInheritanceScreenie.jpg

Performance Mode with fsync disabled and force GPU:

CleanROMInheritancePerformance2.jpg

WELCOME TO SBDAGS OFFICIAL CLEANROM INHERITANCE GUIDE / HELP / Q&A THREAD

This is the place where we ease the burden on sbdags and utilize open source for its intended purpose ... to help one another for FREE !!
    Please ask your questions regarding ROM issues here. If we can not figure it out, they will be forwarded to the master.
    While this is an open thread there are a few rules:

1. If you're NEW - Stop what you are doing and go thank Sbdags ..... He has done more for our device then anyone could ever of imagined !!

2. READ!!!!! and when you think you've read enough .... READ it again.

3. No complaining about tweaks the DEV built into the ROM. More than likely it is just eye candy which is easily removed. Personally, most enjoy the eye candy and is what separates DEVs from each other.
      Remember, they do this for us for free and could easily dev their rom as they like it and share it with no one. If you do not like something, o.k. i'll say it i.e. flames, just read up on how to change it.

4. Do not mention how much you love some other rom and are going back .... just go back. At this point we already know you must work for ASUS ;).

5. For specific issue's regarding this thread or you have found an error in some step or if you found something we should add or replace in the OP or if you just find something that has helped and want to
      say thank you, please submit via xda PM to myself THiBOR69 or THATSOK so we can keep the thread clean and reader friendly.

6. If you like certain themes, apps, apps that created an issue, etc. you can post here with screen shots. Let's open it up a bit but please stay on task.

7. No question is a stupid question. Please feel free to ask anything relating to the ROM. A silly question to one person, might be a very important question for a newer user. For those here that are more familiar with ROMs and development, please show patience with new users"

2pqwgi9.jpg
    2pqwgi9.jpg

Here we go..................
    XDA member 'Thats OK' gets full credit for this awesome guide !!

For those wanting to move their Infinity to a whole new world here's how to.
    Create a folder on your Windows PC and place in an easy to find location.
    Place all downloads from this guide into that folder organized by your preference.
    Flashing a custom ROM for some of us can be a bit intimidating so here are a couple ways to get there:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In order to flash your Infinity from the stock ROM to a custom version it is necessary to unlock the tablet.
    There is currently no way around this.
    Get the ASUS Unlock tool
    The Asus website can be little slow.
    Select Android OS then utilities and the V7 unlock tool is first on the drop down.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Verify debug is selected enter settings\select\Developer options\tick\USB debugging\then close settings.

Debug.jpg

Connect your tablet to a windows desktop PC using the tablets charging cable to an available USB port on your Windows PC.
    Once unlock is accomplished recovery utility can be used to install the custom recovery on the Infinity.

Scotts%20tool.JPG

(I did this recently to flash TWRP 2.3.3.0 to my tab) Details are here
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If not rooted in Jellybean ADB\Fastboot (click here to get it) must be used to push a recovery installation.

Fastboot.JPG

(To open a command window shift+right mouse click inside the fastboot folder)

Tablet%20Fboot%281%29.JPG

(Fastboot on tablet to get here shut down-press hold volume down plus power button-then volume down twice-then volume +)
    **Remember to connect thru USB

ADB\Fastboot Guide

Download either CWM download image file here or TWRP (click here to get the blob file)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To flash TWRP:
    Save it to the root of your /sdcard directly (internal memory only) and rename it to twrp.blob
    Launch terminal emulator (from within Android) or connect to your computer and open an adb shell, then type the following:
    Su
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
    Then reboot to complete installation.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When the Custom Recovery install of your choice has finished the ROM flash will be quite easy.
    Shut your Infinity down (off condition.)
    Next press the volume down rocker button and hold while pressing the power button (both at the same time.)
    Release power button while continuing to hold volume down.
    Your tablet should boot into the custom recovery screen.

The CWM and TWRP screens are pretty self explanatory.

From here it's a matter of downloading CROMi or your choice of another fine ROM.
    Saving the downloaded file to the root of your tablet (just for simplicity.)
    Booting back to the recovery screen:
    Use back-up within recovery
    Tapping the install option...making choices from the installer
    Reboot to system
    ...and Voila Profit!
    *Remember you must be on the JellyBean bootloader for CROMi 3.xx
    Useful utilities:
    Android SDK-Windows
    SDK-MacOS
    SuperSU by Chainfire
    MD5 Checker
    RootChecker
    Goomanager

The following video was created by XDA member SAUGSTAUBER.
    It is a slightly different way to get the same results as written above.
    This will work for CROMI 3.x also, just don't forget
    you must be on the JellyBean bootloader for CROMi 3.xx

Video credit goes to: SAUGSTAUBER

Hopefully this guide will provide enough info to get the new user started.
    If any of it is too confusing, incorrect or if there are any helpful shortcuts or tips, please PM the OP with the appropriate changes.
    We will be happy to add or change. This is a work in progress for the benefit of everyone.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO THE AUTHORS OF THIS THREAD : "THiBOR69" / "THATS OK" / SBDAGS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

A couple useful Android links worth reading once:
    Anti Virus on Android ? : Click Me :
    Deodexing Explained + How To : Click Me :
    Optimizing Battery Life & Speed : Click Me :
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Warnings:
    * We are NOT responsible for any damage caused to your device by using these tutorials or any information that is presented to you for your consideration to apply to your device. Use them at your OWN risk.
    DEODEX & ODEX more info on what it is.

Would also like to know the difference between ODEX and DEODEX. If someone has to time to explain or post a link that explains the differences between Odexed and Deodexed roms it would be appreciated..

Cheers Q

Hey Marci4na and Quozl,
    Sorry for the late reply, but I thought I would post this info in case you or anyone else that needed more info... ( plus I am bored atm lol )

2pqwgi9.jpg

part01_zps1280e214.jpg

part02_zpsb0203ba9.jpg

part03_zps3939b402.jpg

2pqwgi9.jpg

I hope this clears things up a bit for people. I will probably add it to OP soon.
    If any of you "experts" (which I am not) see any wrong info, please PM me.

Cheers All !!
    Thibor69

Thanks to WugFresh for the help, and and Crypto for some corrections
    Buffer page ........

for more info as needed....
    Whoa!
    It's arrived!
    :good:

Yes phew..... so much time on such a small project. Now lets hope people will trickle in and some of the bigger names here help out :good:

Thanks to you guys ....

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to the following people for their much appreciated following of this thread
    and helping people, here in our CROMI help thread. I have been very busy with "real life" ... I am working 6 days
    a week, between 10 - 12 hours a day. Then I volunter at our church for 5 hours every Sunday. I hope to return to
    a normal schedule soon and be able to help out more in this thread.

For now tho I want to give out a huge THANK YOU to these guys:

• Sbdags (of course)
    • _That
    • Buhohitr
    • Thats OK

Keep up the good work you guys (if you have the time).

If I missed someone, I am truly sorry, but your help is also much appreciated.

Cheers :highfive:
    THiBOR69