Nexus 7 ART runtime help

Search This thread

Smithy5995

Nov 12, 2013
Hello, I recently successfully unlocked the boot loader and rooted my device running stock Android 4.4.2 but I'm having a problem with the Dalvik and ART runtimes. I've read that when you change over from Dalvik to ART it takes about 20 minutes to change everything as ART requires about 10% more space for each app. But my problem is that whenever I click on "Use ART" and my tablet reboots, nothing happens. It turns off and boots up like normal without any changes, so I looked in the options and nothing changed. I'm still using Dalvik. I've tried this process a few times but still it boots up with Dalvik.
I have 3.5GB of space left on my device with about 8GB used so I don't know if that causing it not work or whether because I've rooted my device.

Any help would be appreciated :)

meekrawb

Mar 25, 2012
TX
Hello, I recently successfully unlocked the boot loader and rooted my device running stock Android 4.4.2 but I'm having a problem with the Dalvik and ART runtimes. I've read that when you change over from Dalvik to ART it takes about 20 minutes to change everything as ART requires about 10% more space for each app. But my problem is that whenever I click on "Use ART" and my tablet reboots, nothing happens. It turns off and boots up like normal without any changes, so I looked in the options and nothing changed. I'm still using Dalvik. I've tried this process a few times but still it boots up with Dalvik.
I have 3.5GB of space left on my device with about 8GB used so I don't know if that causing it not work or whether because I've rooted my device.

Are you using Xposed? Can't use ART if you are.

Reactions: Smithy5995

TheCraig

Sep 3, 2011
Helloooooooooooooo
It could be Xposed.. the developer said Xposed relies on Dalvik, and it requires basically an entire rewrite to even test if its work porting to ART.

By the way I've switched from Dalvik to Art and so forth a few times now (I don't have Xposed) and I've had no issues. I prefer ART though.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
It could be Xposed.. the developer said Xposed relies on Dalvik, and it requires basically an entire rewrite to even test if its work porting to ART.

By the way I've switched from Dalvik to Art and so forth a few times now (I don't have Xposed) and I've had no issues. I prefer ART though.

Using Xposed with Art will most likely end in a bootloop. Art is faster but still a bit in Googles experimental phase.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Smithy5995

Nov 12, 2013
Thanks

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am using Exposed. I think I'll just keep using Dalvik for the moment instead of going through the hassle of deleing Xposed :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Are you using Xposed? Can't use ART if you are.

Using Xposed with Art will most likely end in a bootloop. Art is faster but still a bit in Googles experimental phase.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The latest version of Xposed forces you back to Dalvik if you attempt to enable ART.