AT&T 4.2.2 update rolling out now!

Search This thread

wannabegt4

Jul 1, 2008
I'm getting the htcdm has stopped error as well. Any idea how to fix that or is it a server side issue?

wannabegt4

Jul 1, 2008
I had to do a factory reset after the little update took then I was able to set the date forward and download the big update. It is downloading now.

jitu5

Oct 3, 2013
Is this update applicable to unlocked HTC ONE X (AT&T) ?

Hi,

I am using HTC ONE X (AT&T) unlocked in india.
so Is this update applicable to me.

daniel3277

Feb 8, 2013
Glad they finally came out with the update. Of course just after I move on to S-Off and installed Cyanogenmod 10.2 :(.

Look forward to comments on it, always loved Sense roms.

wannabegt4

Jul 1, 2008
Having FM radio was a nice surprise. I think I had to install it myself in 4.1.1. Flashlight is still missing though.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
you can probably pull the flashlight app out of a diffrent 4.2.2 sense base and install it. as for the update, when do you think we will see a flashable version for twrp

I'm sure it won't take long until sometimes posts a flashable version.

So I have boot 2.18. Have we seen that one yet?

I have seen some people have it but this is probably the offical version. I just ran the 2.15 firmware that came out almoast 4 months ago so I haven't seen what suport is like with devs on 2.18 hboot.

The 2.18 hboot has been seen previously on one of the other recent releases, it's arguably identical to all other hboots 2.15 and above.

Sent from my Evita

twistedddx

Oct 23, 2010
From what I can tell only people on the AT&T network can get this update. I flashed my phone to 3.18.502.6 and tried to check for updates; it hangs forever and then says there is no update.

Does anyone have the original files/filenames of the 2 updates in question? I know the 3.18.502.9 zip has been uploaded but I think it was renamed before uploaded?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys I just posted on the HOX group on my Google+ and want to share with all of you
    (https://plus.google.com/108770751699893281507/posts/FPaErCW2JAH)

Great news... RUU has been released. Download at:
    http://dl3.htc.com/application/HTC_One_X_RUU_5.18.502.1.exe
    Just checked for an update and it is downloading now. Let's see how badly I can mess up my phone doing an OTA while rooted with several xposed modules installed.

OTA update files can be downloaded here:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=11697

Use twistedddx's instructions below to flash:

You need:
    1)Stock 3.18.502.6 install. eg 3.18.502.6 RUU
    2)S-On and CWS__001 or S-Off and supercid. Must be S-Off
    3)stock recovery, eg 3.18.502.6 RUU
    4)Place 3.18.502.9 OTApkg.zip on phone storage (16mb)
    5)boot into stock recovery
    6)press volup + power repeatedly until menu appears
    7)install from phone storage
    8)select the OTAPkg.zip
    9)boot rom
    10)place 5.18.502.1 OTAPkg.zip on phone storage (527mb)
    11)boot into stock recovery
    12)press volup + power repeatedly until menu appears
    13)install from phone storage
    14)select the OTAPkg.zip
    15)boot rom

Do not confuse your OTAPkg.zip files, you could rename them prior to placing them on your phone to something less confusing.
    ---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Updates must be flashed in order, none can be skipped.
    I was unsuccessful in getting it installed. With the stock recovery, the SD card wouldn't mound. I tried CWM and couldn't get it to go. Im out of ideas.

You need:
    1)Stock 3.18.502.6 install. eg 3.18.502.6 RUU
    2)S-On and CWS__001 or S-Off and supercid, but NOT S-On and supercid.
    3)stock recovery, eg 3.18.502.6 RUU
    4)Place 3.18.502.9 OTApkg.zip on phone storage (16mb)
    5)boot into stock recovery
    6)press volup + power repeatedly until menu appears
    7)install from phone storage
    8)select the OTAPkg.zip
    9)boot rom
    10)place 5.18.502.1 OTAPkg.zip on phone storage (527mb)
    11)boot into stock recovery
    12)press volup + power repeatedly until menu appears
    13)install from phone storage
    14)select the OTAPkg.zip
    15)boot rom

Do not confuse your OTAPkg.zip files, you could rename them prior to placing them on your phone to something less confusing.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Is it ok to update the phone directly by using bigger update (573mb) or 16mb pre update is really required. What if I tried to update the phone by RUU (manually, from HTC support page) without 16mb pre update.

Updates must be flashed in order, none can be skipped.
    It's a stock firmware update so if you are s off I don't think it will work. Could potentially brick your phone

This is most likely false. AFAIK s-off in itself will not prevent you from getting an update or installing it. Custom recovery will force the update to fail, as OTAs require stock recovery to be present. This is the main reason folks with modded phones have trouble installing OTAs.

In fact, if you are modded or want to, s-off is probably the safest state to be in if you want to try to install the OTA. S-off virtually guarantees that any increased safety measures (which have been implemented with every new official AT&T firmware) do not close the loopholes needed for root, installing custom ROMs, etc.