Sense Keyboard Lag

Search This thread

xavier2k3

Apr 11, 2010
Melbourne
Hi Morning Folks,

I've recently started experiencing some weird lag when typing on the keyboard whereby I will type something and it won't appear instantly, maybe a second after I start typing and then for every word afterwards. I've tried to check what apps I've installed recently that may have caused this and looked at apps that are currently running that may be causing the lag but can't seem to come up with any solutions.

Does anyone know what I could do to try and fix this? This started happening in the last few days.

EDIT: Installed Swiftkey and it doesn't seem to have this same issue but I prefer the Sense keyboard so would like to get this fixed. Really can't see what's causing it.

Last edited:

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
Never experienced keyboard lag on the M8

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Silent1991

Oct 20, 2012
I know what you talking about it is very annoying with that laggy keyboard but when you disable the power saving mode the lag seems to be away. In my opinion it is related to the limited cpu clock and the governor. Probably it would fix the problem if you change the kernel or change the governor.

RAM_1994

Oct 1, 2011
I used swiftkey for a while, but I've returned to stock quickly. It's super fast like everything on m8

inkyynki12

Dec 19, 2014
Hi Morning Folks,

I've recently started experiencing some weird lag when typing on the keyboard whereby I will type something and it won't appear instantly, maybe a second after I start typing and then for every word afterwards. I've tried to check what apps I've installed recently that may have caused this and looked at apps that are currently running that may be causing the lag but can't seem to come up with any solutions.

Does anyone know what I could do to try and fix this? This started happening in the last few days.

EDIT: Installed Swiftkey and it doesn't seem to have this same issue but I prefer the Sense keyboard so would like to get this fixed. Really can't see what's causing it.
I know I'm late, but if you're still having this issue, try disabling word prediction.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
Sense 7 keyboard has lag... It is just crappy generally... The older sense 6 keyboard works a lot better without any lag or any other keyboard