HTC Jade - "LITE" Series - 1.40.721.2 - ENG [ROM]

Search This thread

plvigo

Sep 15, 2007
Jbed for Jade

After hours of hard work, I found the Jbed (JBed_20080328.31); I don't think is the last version but works well on Jade with MiniOpera 4.2 (signed).

Did you be able to get the last version of Jbed from the original Jade rom!

Last edited:

plvigo

Sep 15, 2007
Installed 1.40.721.2 Lite V3

Hi, finally I installed this new excelent rom you created!! My pim.vol is 49.508K and I installed in the SD a lot of programs I need and still I have 75,80 Storage free and 78,91 programm free!!
Really fantastic!!

But, after a very hard work (it's take for me, more o less, 6 hours...) to add all my personal informations, all the programs I need, configuring everythings... well, only now I found the new 1.4 version... Mhm....

Do you think that the new one is really much more better??:confused:

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Hi, finally I installed this new excelent rom you created!! My pim.vol is 49.508K and I installed in the SD a lot of programs I need and still I have 75,80 Storage free and 78,91 programm free!!
Really fantastic!!

But, after a very hard work (it's take for me, more o less, 6 hours...) to add all my personal informations, all the programs I need, configuring everythings... well, only now I found the new 1.4 version... Mhm....

Do you think that the new one is really much more better??:confused:

If you ask the Chef nicely he might include UC in the ROM so you can automate parts of the 6hr setup: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=366333 :D

Thanks
Dave

S200guy

Aug 17, 2006
RemoteTracker

Hey, really good to see that finally there are custom ROMs for Jade out here, yeayyy :)
I'll wait for 1.5 download until I try, but for the next release I have a request:

How bout integrating RemoteTracker in this ROM? This would be sooo good and would secure our Jade forever: http://remotetracker.sourceforge.net/ - I tried it and it works perfectly on my Jade (German Original HTC ROM)! The thing is, you can track your stolen/lost Jade also when someone changed the SIM card, and with ROM-integration even after a soft-reset!!

What do u guys think?

tiksister

Aug 27, 2007
Rio de Janeiro
S200guy,
I think the general idea is to have an CLEAN ROM.

Why have a ROM full of softwares we can all install later? And by having them installed instead of cooking them into the ROM makes it possible to uninstall later if we want.

So, in this case, the cleaner the better.

sliders7 is doing a great job.

Other people started doing ROMs (there are 2 ROMs now available. sliders7 and ruclip). More are coming for sure and each one will have a different proposal. But for sure, this one is a clear ROM!

sliders7, as I said above, you're doing a great job!

plvigo

Sep 15, 2007
"LITE" Series - v1.4 - Feedback

I would like to report some feedbacks, after using v1.4 during the last 24 hours.

1. Using wifi or gprs, the device appears warmer than with the original rom.

2. In setting -> phone -> band -> GSM -> Select your GSM/UMTS bands: appears only UMTS (900+2100) + (GSM (900+1800). I am living in Panama and I am using the other band (850Mhz). The device gets the signal without any problem. But, respect the original rom, I cannot set anymore: GSM and 850Mhz. I usually set the phone band like that in order to use less battery.

3. Unfortunately, it seems that the battery is draining faster than the original rom.

4. Some problems with activesync: respect the v1.3, I still have problem to get correctly my pim.vol (very big, 49.508K). Almost at the end of the sync, I found the device freezed and activesync stopped: the pim.vol file is not complete (always without the note in the calendar items).

I hope to try soon the v1.5. Many thanks for your kind suggestions.

And, again, many many thanks for your excellent job!!

plvigo

Sep 15, 2007
plvigo:

What ROM are you referring to as "original rom"? 1.40.721.2? Thanks.

My original ROM was 1.40.405.3 (radio 0.27.30.09).

It was very stable, not heating the device and a very long life battery (2-3 days, using all the day!).
Unfortunately, ROM free only 71.30 and RAM free only 74.66.

May be should be better to clean this version? I really don't know!!

sliders7

Nov 13, 2006
Sydney
I would like to report some feedbacks, after using v1.4 during the last 24 hours.

1. Using wifi or gprs, the device appears warmer than with the original rom.

2. In setting -> phone -> band -> GSM -> Select your GSM/UMTS bands: appears only UMTS (900+2100) + (GSM (900+1800). I am living in Panama and I am using the other band (850Mhz). The device gets the signal without any problem. But, respect the original rom, I cannot set anymore: GSM and 850Mhz. I usually set the phone band like that in order to use less battery.

3. Unfortunately, it seems that the battery is draining faster than the original rom.

4. Some problems with activesync: respect the v1.3, I still have problem to get correctly my pim.vol (very big, 49.508K). Almost at the end of the sync, I found the device freezed and activesync stopped: the pim.vol file is not complete (always without the note in the calendar items).

I hope to try soon the v1.5. Many thanks for your kind suggestions.

And, again, many many thanks for your excellent job!!

Thank You for testing the ROM, but for your information:
- I did not make any modification to the Wifi or GPRS drivers, so your input is not relevant to the ROM.
- I also did not make any modification the the GSM band script/registry.. all Factory provisioning still intact and still original.
- I did not make any modification to the "RED" Area/Forbidden area... so don't worry.
- With less load on the RAM should be good in power consumptions, not the other way around. if you able to measure it using a small apps to measure power load/ampere then you should know the different statistically, not by feelings.
- If your Contact/PIM data is 49MB in size.. Wow that's quite a lots of contacts, well... i think that will slow down any Windows Mobile ROMs you will find at xda-developers. I believe every stripped down roms always perform lighter than Original Factory ROM.

cheers :)

Last edited:

plvigo

Sep 15, 2007
Thank You for testing the ROM, but for your information:
- I did not make any modification to the Wifi or GPRS drivers, so your input is not relevant to the ROM.
- I also did not make any modification the the GSM band script/registry.. all Factory provisioning still intact and still original.
- I did not make any modification the the "RED" Area/Forbidden area... so don't worry.
- With less load on the RAM should be good in power consumptions, not the other way around. if you able to measure it using a small apps to measure power load/ampere then you should know the different statistically, not by feelings.
- If your Contact/PIM data is 49MB in size.. Wow that's quite a lots of contacts, well... i think that will slow down any Windows Mobile OS you will find in xda-developers. I believe every stripped down roms always perform lighter than Original Factory ROM.

cheers :)

Many thanks for your kind considerations.
May be the official ROM I found in the device is better than the 1.40.721.2.
Any way, as soon as posible, I will try the new version and I hope that everything can be fixed!
Your great job is really fantastic! :)

ivenhu4859

Jun 27, 2008
i have a suggestion. why don't you instead the NET.2.0 whith 3.5 ? Advanced Configuration Tool and many thing else can't run without NET.3.5.

plvigo

Sep 15, 2007
Problems with v1.4 and v1.5

I would like to report a big problem I had with the v1.4 and v1.5.

With the v1.4, after a soft reset I found the SD formatted! Then, I couldn't start anymore the device. I could start it again only with an hard reset.

So, I flashed the v1.5. After having installed the new ROM, my Jade didn't start. It freezes in the second step after the soft reset (the black page in which you can see "Smart Mobility" and the three lines R, G and D).
I tried almost all to try to solve this problem, but only an hard reset allows to start finally the device.
Then I flashed the v1.4, but again, after the customization and an soft reset, the device didn't start!

So, I now installed the v1.3; for the moment everything works well (only the calendar seems to work slowly than usuall.

I flashed many times ROM in my older Cruise and Diamond, but I have never seen something like that.

I do hope that this problem can be fixed in the next versions!

Alekss_UH

Feb 3, 2008
UH
Did you try reset button only instead of hard reset? I've got this problem too, but reset button was enough (fuc.ing reset under cover), next boots without freezing.

plvigo

Sep 15, 2007
Did you try reset button only instead of hard reset? I've got this problem too, but reset button was enough (fuc.ing reset under cover), next boots without freezing.

Yes, of course, I tried everything many times, including soft reset under cover and soft reset whithout sim card and the sd!
I believe that in v1.4 and v1.5 there will be some configuration problems, otherwise it is difficult to understand why the device freezes during the boot! Don't you agree?

ivenhu4859

Jun 27, 2008
Originally Posted by Alekss_UH

i came across with the problem just 1 min ago