[Mac Toolkit] Root,CWM,Unroot,Stock,Unlock/Lock Bootlaoder! [Update:07/28/13]

Search This thread

JensAiden

Jul 27, 2012
NYC
Ok, I got the bootloader unlock but I can't achieve root or install custom recovery. I'm suppose to put the .zip files on the SD card?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

I'm having this issue as well - it unlocks the bootloader, so I press enter to go to the next stage and then it says "device not found"

krazi3azn

Jul 7, 2010
am i able to root without unlocking bootloader?
when i download the "Root Nexus 7" and run click me it asks if i want to unlock the bootloader?

zcostilla

Oct 14, 2011
I don't think you can

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Oh god, I feel embarrassed now.

Update: So, it says it installed CWM Recovery, but when I select recovery mode I get the dead Android :/

I'm stuck at the same step. However the recovery never loads and SU won't install so I'm pretty sure that it's not rooting.

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com
I don't think you can

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

I'm stuck at the same step. However the recovery never loads and SU won't install so I'm pretty sure that it's not rooting.

If you can’t get into recovery, try re-flashing recovery then go straight into recovery. What happens is that stock Android OS has a security measure that overwrites your custom recovery upon reboot. If this happens to you, simply re-flash recoery and boot into recovery right away without reboot.

hailtothethief83

Jul 20, 2010
So to Unlock BL, root and install CWM all we need to download is the Nexus 7 Root zip? or each to do each step?

Last edited:

hailtothethief83

Jul 20, 2010
If you can’t get into recovery, try re-flashing recovery then go straight into recovery. What happens is that stock Android OS has a security measure that overwrites your custom recovery upon reboot. If this happens to you, simply re-flash recoery and boot into recovery right away without reboot.

getting same on my end too... I can see it pushed the SU file but not letting me get into clockwork. how would we go about just re flashing recovery? tried using another method to just push recovery but did not work

UPDATE: Finally found a manual method to reinstall CWM and got SU flashed! great tool once that little bug is squashed!

Last edited:

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com
getting same on my end too... I can see it pushed the SU file but not letting me get into clockwork. how would we go about just re flashing recovery? tried using another method to just push recovery but did not work

This will happen on any ClockworkMod method you try. Go use the toolkit again but when you press enter after installing ClockworkMod enter into it right away. (Do reboot yet) You will still be on the green start screen right after you installed ClockworkMod so press the volume up 2x and power button to select recovery.

You will not enter into ClockworkMod Recovery correctly. Now select reboot system now and turn on USB debugging and do the rest of the toolkit process.

Reactions: zcostilla

zcostilla

Oct 14, 2011
This will happen on any ClockworkMod method you try. Go use the toolkit again but when you press enter after installing ClockworkMod enter into it right away. (Do reboot yet) You will still be on the green start screen right after you installed ClockworkMod so press the volume up 2x and power button to select recovery.

You will not enter into ClockworkMod Recovery correctly. Now select reboot system now and turn on USB debugging and do the rest of the toolkit process.

OK, I'm still not getting it to work. I must be missing something. Is it possible to post an updated step-by-step instruction? If I can't get this to work I might borrow a PC and try another toolkit because I'm not SDK savvy. I'd rather get this working on my mac though.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all your work!:good:

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com
OK, I'm still not getting it to work. I must be missing something. Is it possible to post an updated step-by-step instruction? If I can't get this to work I might borrow a PC and try another toolkit because I'm not SDK savvy. I'd rather get this working on my mac though.

I really wish I could make a video for you but I do not own / afford a Nexus 7.

Last edited:

malaeus

Mar 27, 2009
ya each download keeps wanting me to unlock the bootloader even though its already unlocked. cant get to root or recovery steps.

zcostilla

Oct 14, 2011
Well it's as simple as downloading it, unzipping it, click on "Click Me", turn on USB debugging on your phone and pressing enter on the toolkit.

I appreciate that, but in my case that's not working. Again, this has the making of a great tool to help, but I'm not familiar with SDK or programming so not only am I unsure of where I'm making a mistake, but I don't know how to correct it.

For every other phone/tablet I have rooted I used the SD card and a terminal emulator or Samsung Kies. Either way I had step by step instructions of what to type. I've never had a device fail to root every time I tried.

I'm not blaming you as a developer as much as confessing my lack of android prowess. Once I get custom recovery I'm good. I just can't seem to get there on the Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com
I appreciate that, but in my case that's not working. Again, this has the making of a great tool to help, but I'm not familiar with SDK or programming so not only am I unsure of where I'm making a mistake, but I don't know how to correct it.

For every other phone/tablet I have rooted I used the SD card and a terminal emulator or Samsung Kies. Either way I had step by step instructions of what to type. I've never had a device fail to root every time I tried.

I'm not blaming you as a developer as much as confessing my lack of android prowess. Once I get custom recovery I'm good. I just can't seem to get there on the Nexus.

What problem are you getting?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not responsible for anything that happens to your Nexus 7 tablet when you use my toolkit below!!

Based on script by: 1KDS link to his script/tool: Here

What Does This Nexus 7 Toolkit Include?
    * Root Nexus 7 - Now works with Android 4.3!
    * Restore / Unroot Nexus 7 to Stock 4.3 WiFi
    * Restore / Unroot Nexus 7 to Stock 4.3 GSM+WiFi
    * Restore / Unroot Nexus 7 to Stock 4.2.2 WiFi
    * Restore / Unroot Nexus 7 to Stock 4.2.2 GSM+WiFi
    * Restore / Unroot Nexus 7 to Stock 4.2.1 WiFi
    * Restore / Unroot Nexus 7 to Stock 4.2.1 GSM+WiFi
    * Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Nexus 7
    * Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 7
    * Lock Bootloader on Nexus 7

28ml2ts.png

oasrqw.png

I Have Made Separate Scripts So You Only Have To Download The Specific Files You Need.

How Do I Use These Toolkits?
    1. Download correct file for you (Download links below)
    2. Unzip the file
    3. Turn on USB debugging (Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging)
    4. Connect phone to computer and click on the green "Android" guy.
    5. Follow directions on screen

All Toolkits Can Be Found Using The Link Below:
    http://www.androidrootz.com/2012/12/nexus-7-one-click-toolkit-for-mac.html

Change Log:
    August 16th 2012:
    Initial Release
    April 27th 2013:
    Updated ALL toolkit with latest version of fastboot and ADB commands
    Added Unroot/Stock 4.2.2 for Nexus 7 WiFi
    Added Unroot/Stock 4.2.2 for Nexus 7 GSM + WiFi
    July 28th 2013:
    Fixed SuperSU transfer in the One-Click Root toolkit
    Updated One-Click Root toolkit for Nexus 7 to support 4.3
    Added One-click Unroot/Restore to 4.3 toolkit for Nexus 7 WiFi
    Added One-click Unroot/Restore to 4.3 toolkit for Nexus 7 GSM

Please leave feedback!:

Please Hit The Thanks If You Found These Tools Helpful!

Donations Are Greatly Appreciated!
    To Donate Please Click the Link Below. Thank you!

I really wish I could make a video for you but I do not own / afford a Nexus 7.
    Bootloader unlocked and I got into recovery mode but there's no file to flash.

1. Download the file transfer app for mac from http://www.android.com/filetransfer/
    2. Connect your device to your computer and start the app if it doesn't start automatically.
    3. Drag the CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip file from the Nexus 7 root folder(unzipped folder that contained 'click me' on your computer) to your device(make sure you dont drag the file into any subfolder. It should be in the main directory.)
    4. Click on 'click me' and try again rooting again.

You should find the CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip file now.
    Someone finally made a Mac toolkit! I'll see how it works tommorrow - have you tried it yourself yet?

I haven't tried it because I do not own a Nexus 7....but I have made a Mac Toolkit for Galaxy Nexus and it works flawlessly. People have already downloaded this and they haven't complained so i'm assuming that nothing is wrong.

Would love to get your feedback!