Best Web browser for honeycomb?

Search This thread

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
So most certainly the aosp browser ioiwillioi includes in senseless is much better than HTC's crap slow browser but still isn't the best browsing experience possible. I've recently been trying several browsers out and so far firefox seems the best but not without issues as for some dumb reason mozilla decided when it went out of beta that it was for phones only. It works and shows up in the market but it's a bit wonky as its not tablet optimized. I've tried various browsers but can't find the right one:

Opera: They update the thing all the time and still ignore the issues it had had for ages such as that annoying splash screen, and no android user agent. Also text input is broke

X scope: Rendered things weird and didn't seem that fast.

Skyfire: slow, I uninstalled fast

Dolphin for tablets : won't even run without force closing

Dolphin hd: its okay, but still slower than stock

Maxthon: slow

So I keep coming back to firefox and the stock which seem to be the best. I've been tweaking the flyer for performance recently and I'm about there if I could just find the right Web browser I'd be good. Any pure gpu accelerated browsers I'm missing?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk 2

hotguzmanguy

Apr 11, 2012
Las Vegas
So most certainly the aosp browser ioiwillioi includes in senseless is much better than HTC's crap slow browser but still isn't the best browsing experience possible. I've recently been trying several browsers out and so far firefox seems the best but not without issues as for some dumb reason mozilla decided when it went out of beta that it was for phones only. It works and shows up in the market but it's a bit wonky as its not tablet optimized. I've tried various browsers but can't find the right one:

Opera: They update the thing all the time and still ignore the issues it had had for ages such as that annoying splash screen, and no android user agent. Also text input is broke

X scope: Rendered things weird and didn't seem that fast.

Skyfire: slow, I uninstalled fast

Dolphin for tablets : won't even run without force closing

Dolphin hd: its okay, but still slower than stock

Maxthon: slow

So I keep coming back to firefox and the stock which seem to be the best. I've been tweaking the flyer for performance recently and I'm about there if I could just find the right Web browser I'd be good. Any pure gpu accelerated browsers I'm missing?

What about Google Chrome? I know it isn't available to download on the playstore from the tablet itself but maybe if we just try the latest version we can see how well it works?

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Does Chrome even work on honeycomb? I use it on my phone and love it but as far as I knew it was ics and up only

kardain

Mar 27, 2011
I use dolphin mainly for the bookmark sync.

It is a little slow, but it tends to run quicker than the stock browser on my flyer...

|-|-|

dinesh0033

Jul 7, 2012
fire fox is good for viewing and loading, but u will find trouble at the plug in stuffs, i use to open my fb in it it shows online chat bar and tikr and all nice and easy way to navigate and too i feel for a easy float and like desktop look float browser is good.. it opens like a desktop client and u can move the browser window where ever you want as like our desktop

htcflyerhc

Jul 5, 2013
opera mobile and opera mini

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda app-developers app