[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 06:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th December 2017, 04:48 AM |#18891  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh2o13

You might check out the MOTO E4 or the MOTO E4 plus for a little more if possible. Take a look at the video by @glockman4519 I've linked below. I give him credit for this find. I've been following him for some time now and very much respect his reviews and insight. If he says it's a good purchase for the price, then it most likely is. I will be looking into it myself .

I have been using this device now for some time and just got the Moto e4+ yesterday and did a video on that device too. The reason I feel these devices are so good are that they are "splash resistant", take an SD card of up to 128GB, have 720p screens, which still look brilliant, sip battery, have a flash for both the front and rear camera and are known to be strong built devices.
They both come with Android 7.1.1 and will get Oreo as Motorola devices usually keep up with updates almost as fast and in some cases faster than Google devices.
The E4 is the smaller of the 2 and if purchased at Walmart it Amazon can be had for under $50.00, usually well under that price. It has the removable battery and a 5 inch 720p screen. It also has a front facing speaker along with the lower speaker and video audio playback is quite good.
The E4 plus comes with the 5.5 inch 720p screen and also has the same speaker set up and is also pretty loud. It has the 5000 milliamp battery and that thing lasts a long time. It has everything the E4 has plus the bigger battery, larger screen and a little better main camera.
They will both take video up to 1080p (no 4k) and both have that front and rear flash.

Thank you for the kind words and for following my videos. They are long and mostly unedited but the reason they are long is because I like to be thorough.I would recommend both devices for anyone looking for a quality device that are in a budget.
Here is the video on the E4 plus, I also show the difference between the 2 devices in this video.
The Following User Says Thank You to glockman4519 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glockman4519 Ad-Free
10th December 2017, 09:45 PM |#18892  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Principal I can suppose Ulefone T1, I have a software bug with GPS but hardware is okay, maybe only I have this bug, but the rest of the phone is really nice
11th December 2017, 06:00 PM |#18893  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poseidon5213

mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App

samsung galaxy s3 was easy to root on 4.1 via towelroot it took 30 seconds no reboot but on 4.4.1 towelroot didnt support i had to use kingroot that worked i think i had to reboot that's it.
12th December 2017, 11:39 PM |#18894  

More
looking for nice note 4 replacement
six months or so ago I got a note 5 to replace a note 4.

I recently dropped that in the toilet (literally) so I'm looking to replace it with something water resistant at least... and easy to mod to my black heart's content. Both of these were verizon-specific models... clearly a mistake I will avoid this time.

I found there was a root for the verizon note 4 model a couple days before I ...ya. got it wet. (at least not the crapper that time...)
I'd really really like to get some suggestions for a replacement... I'm qite happy getting a used phone and will do that this time as well.

I got the note 5 and was disappointed (well... pissed of, mostly at myself) to find it no longer had a replaceable battery and no SD card slot for my 100GB of music/video etc.... so really this is a replacement of my note 4. If that had modern chips and was water-proof, I'd get another N4.

Needs- relatively rugged - I drop phones ALL the time ... water proof/resistant... rootable (I will never buy a verizon-specific phone again), good media performance (I use my phone as a media streamer... dont care about speakers) ... plenty of memory or SD slot... superior touch screen... no bigger than note5

Really want - better than average photo, in low light esp.,... stylus or equivalent functionality using found objects/fingers just for notes, lists, and the like... replaceable battery (not necessarily easily/user replaced w openable back cover, just reasonable for some corner store tech dude or me to replace it- I have replaced them in other phones)

I saw the Essential for sale used at ~$400... which sounds awesome for such a new-ish device. But I don't think it is water-resistant.

The superior touchscreen is a must- I occasionally use the wifes iThing and it is far more accurate than either note I owned... both sometimes would not detect input unless I tried hard.

Thanks in advance...
and thanks to you xda-dev folks who do so very much for so many like me.
13th December 2017, 05:16 PM |#18895  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
What's up guys? So, I wanna change my phone but I really do want something that provides me of good audio recording while shooting video in concerts. As of right now I own a Huawei Mate 9 and I love it! Fantastic battery life, display is really good being 1080 and LCD. Performance is great, camera is fairly decent but the audio in videos while recording on a small environment and white brutally loud sound, it's awful.

I'm gonna leave here a video recorded white a Lumia 1520 and if I have one of the Mate 9 I will too, cause I think I have one in the same venue and same loud sound of the band.

https://youtu.be/pfzzR8C4nHE

So, what can I buy? When I say it's loud it's so darn loud. The Mate 9 sound of the recording is awfully distorted.
14th December 2017, 08:33 AM |#18896  

More
I am looking for a new phone
I currently own Oneplus One.

I am looking for something new, European market.
The best good brand for easy access to accessories, etc.
good parameters (ram, processor, etc.) - I want phone for more than a year
Dual-sim - mandatory
Long producer support or easily available custom softs.
14th December 2017, 04:46 PM |#18897  
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labsektor

I am looking for a new phone
I currently own Oneplus One.

I am looking for something new, European market.
The best good brand for easy access to accessories, etc.
good parameters (ram, processor, etc.) - I want phone for more than a year
Dual-sim - mandatory
Long producer support or easily available custom softs.

OnePlus 5/5t ?
It depends on your budget
The Following User Says Thank You to GigaBlaster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GigaBlaster Ad-Free
15th December 2017, 12:54 AM |#18898  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOmega666

What's up guys? So, I wanna change my phone but I really do want something that provides me of good audio recording while shooting video in concerts. As of right now I own a Huawei Mate 9 and I love it! Fantastic battery life, display is really good being 1080 and LCD. Performance is great, camera is fairly decent but the audio in videos while recording on a small environment and white brutally loud sound, it's awful.

I'm gonna leave here a video recorded white a Lumia 1520 and if I have one of the Mate 9 I will too, cause I think I have one in the same venue and same loud sound of the band.

So, what can I buy? When I say it's loud it's so darn loud. The Mate 9 sound of the recording is awfully distorted.

HTCs have best smartphone audio recording afaik. Look at U11/U11+
The Following User Says Thank You to Nokiacrazi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nokiacrazi Ad-Free
15th December 2017, 02:12 AM |#18899  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokiacrazi

HTCs have best smartphone audio recording afaik. Look at U11/U11+

Yup, after researching a bit I found out that U11+ or V30 are possibly the best bet. Man, the 1520 did wonders, it made audio sound 10 times better than what I was actually hearing.
15th December 2017, 11:19 AM |#18900  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Iphone X!
17th December 2017, 08:59 AM |#18901  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm in the US on Sprint.
I'm looking for a non apple device.
I'd use a non android too but they seem to be the only other option?
I've rooted my devices for the last few years but I'm lazy/ slightly inept when it comes to tech stuff so tend to fall behind on the upkeep. I'd like to root again b/c I like the ability to customize, remove bloatware, access the darkest places in the device, and all around have complete control, even though I don't know how to fly.

First priority is security. Privacy and security. Security oriented device yes.
2nd is rootability, especially if that will increase my security.
3rd is a great camera. I have young kids.
4th is a potentially long life. I keep my devices for 2+ years barring accidents.

Thank you for any help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)