gmail glitch or am i dumb?

Search This thread

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
When I get a gmail notification, I pull down the bar and click it. After I read the email I press 'home'. The problem is that the notification is still there. If I click on it again it'll take me to the email again and when i press home it will disappear that time. Or when originally pressing the notification I can read the email and press 'back' to get back to my inbox and then the notification will disappear. Or I can just drag the bar and press clear.

Is this how of works for everybody? I'm almost positive that with my g1 and mytouch i would drag the notification and press on it and it'd disappear. The notification would appear, i would press it, and it would politely disappear The current way is kind of a hassle since i'm so used to it being simpler and smoother on my 2 other android phones.

Maybe there is a setting that i missed?

Thanks for any information

iVisionX01

Sep 25, 2009
Must be a glitch, it happens to me too. It also happens in Google Voice. After you read the message you can press back then home to clear the notification for now.

qben88

Feb 23, 2007
same here. I got used to always hitting the back button to erase the notification before i hit the home button.

mgorman

Aug 18, 2009
Ypsilanti
It's a bug in 2.1. The notification goes away after about a minute. I submitted an issue in the bug tracker earlier today about this.

rgl12miami

Feb 28, 2009
When I get a gmail notification, I pull down the bar and click it. After I read the email I press 'home'. The problem is that the notification is still there. If I click on it again it'll take me to the email again and when i press home it will disappear that time. Or when originally pressing the notification I can read the email and press 'back' to get back to my inbox and then the notification will disappear. Or I can just drag the bar and press clear.

Is this how of works for everybody? I'm almost positive that with my g1 and mytouch i would drag the notification and press on it and it'd disappear. The notification would appear, i would press it, and it would politely disappear The current way is kind of a hassle since i'm so used to it being simpler and smoother on my 2 other android phones.

Maybe there is a setting that i missed?

Thanks for any information

Maybe is the way you do it. After reading the mail if you press Home, the program doesn't realize you've read it. But if you press Back, instead, the notification goes out immediately. This behaviour is the same for the G1 and the MyTouch as well.