Nexus 10 - Where To Buy, Price, Shipping, E.T.C...

Search This thread

Gaugerer

Sep 9, 2011
I just rang the main UK PCWorld customer service number and they say the Nexus 10 will not be available for about another week and definitely not on the 13 th. They also had no information about price or models.

So it seems unlikely that anyone in the UK is going to be able to pick one up at a local store on the 13th and the choice is between ordering from the Play store on the 13th or waiting till about the 18th to get one from PCWorld.

The delivery time for the Play store is about 2-days according to the Play store order site so I might go with that.

Reactions: Dja357

Dja357

Jan 13, 2011
Lancaster
I just rang the main UK PCWorld customer service number and they say the Nexus 10 will not be available for about another week and definitely not on the 13 th. They also had no information about price or models.

So it seems unlikely that anyone in the UK is going to be able to pick one up at a local store on the 13th and the choice is between ordering from the Play store on the 13th or waiting till about the 18th to get one from PCWorld.

The delivery time for the Play store is about 2-days according to the Play store order site so I might go with that.
I guess Google has put some restrictions on them selling it. I can't see any other reason why they wouldn't be putting it on the shelves on Tuesday.

JupiterdroidXDA

Jul 8, 2011
London
well not a shot to buy from handtek they are greedy uk prices are 319gbp for 16gb and 389 for 32gb and prices on handtek are too high for my taste ,really the profit margin of them is redicilius high and the review of their site over the net is not so well ,even if i am not in lauch countries i will not be tempted by them ,i will wait a bit longer ....

That's the price on the Google Play store too for the UK.

Lol you have to love XDA;)

JD

The-Kevster

Nov 2, 2007
London, UK
Just been told by Curry's in Bluewater that they'll be selling them on Tuesday.

Slightly mixed messages!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

plaktoets

Jun 6, 2008
Does anyone have an idea how fast the N10 will be sold out from the playstore? What happened when the N7 went for sale?

Dja357

Jan 13, 2011
Lancaster
Just been told by Curry's in Bluewater that they'll be selling them on Tuesday.

Slightly mixed messages!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Well I've just been to a Currys and a PC World in Lancaster.

The girl in Currys said that they don't usually get the new products but PC World do.

PC World guy looked it up and said that it's in their system but they don't have stock yet because it's on a "preference hold" or something. He said it wouldn't be available for a few weeks.

So unless the girl in Currys was misinformed and PC World are holding off so that they can sell it in Currys, it doesn't look like they're going to be available on release day in store.

Miracle1980

Mar 9, 2011
It is becoming annoying that WE (Customers) have to find out/discover HOW and WHERE to buy a product from the ''SELLER''!
Before it was working a bit different, with SELLERS knocking at our doors...

Reactions: neverlift

Dja357

Jan 13, 2011
Lancaster
It tells you all you need to know about why high street stores in this country are folding. Poor management is crippling them.

Ok, it seems that my decision to make one thread about buying the Nexus 10 and the reason is a little foggy to some people, so let me try and clear it up for everyone. Yes we could make a thread just for the UK and the US, but you would then have to make one for the other 6/7 countries you can buy the Nexus 10 in being, Austraila, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan, so having 8 threads on where to buy the Nexus 10 in my mind is not needed. These types of thread only have a short life span and will die away after a few months, because most people would have bought it by then, also these type of threads dont pick up that much traffic, so sifting through and finding the infomation you need won't be that hard, remember the search button it's really good at finding you the answer you need. So lets please not fill this thread up with anymore should we or not have more than one thread.

Thanks
The-Hulk

Would you like to clean up the accessories thread where 7 out of 12 (currently) threads are about cases? How about when we get the same for screen "protectors". Thanks.

Rage1ofakind

For some reason our delivery did not come in yesterday. It's going to arrive today (Sunday). Let's see if the Nexus 10 is in it, if not then you can be sure that Currys & PC World won't be selling it on day one (as our next delivery is on Wednesday). I'll let you guys know once I find out.
Plus I'll check our system to see if it has been listed.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Usexy and Dja357

snipestech

Apr 27, 2010
Miami
I went to 2 walmarts ,called a couple also have searched google.
I would think they would have it in the same places they released the nexus 7.
But it never reached walmart so there ya go so much for that theory.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

I called the Walmart nearest my house today and asked if they had the Nexus 10 Android Tablet ("no"), and when they expected to get them ("no idea"). Very helpful walmart.

Walmart employees are not very knowledgeable but I really don't expect much for what those poor souls make an hr.

Apr 20, 2011
Anyone know what's the usual time for the Play Store to open for orders? I really don't want to stay up all night and wait for nothing...

What's it like when Nexus 7 was released? is it midnight GMT or in the early morning like 6am? was nexus 7 sold out quickly on Play Store UK?

svengalis

Feb 6, 2011
Columbia, SC
I went to 2 walmarts ,called a couple also have searched google.
I would think they would have it in the same places they released the nexus 7.
But it never reached walmart so there ya go so much for that theory.

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Walmart employees are not very knowledgeable but I really don't expect much for what those poor souls make an hr.

It's not about how much they make per hour. Walmart does not tell their employess when merchandise comes in unless it is for some event. Only they managers know when it will arrive and they only know that if they order it. Walmart's system does alot of the ordering. I think it is to prevent people from buying up all stock then reselling it on ebay for ridiculous prices. Some managers can look up certain items to see when they will arrive if they are on order but there is no gaurantee it will arrive on that date.

When it come to new items though only the managers know if they will get them and its usually so close to release it's in the advertisement before most managers even get the email.

Last edited:

snipestech

Apr 27, 2010
Miami
Ok my bad
Seems service just sucks these days.
When I went to get my note 2
Sales reps didnt know what phone I was talking about at various T-Mobile retail stores.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So now I have to sift through a bunch of stuff about where it's going to be sold in the US to find the bits about where it's going to be sold in the UK? Are we rationing threads now?

Ridiculous.
    cant you stole one from a Palestinian like you do with everything else ?

Just joking ;)

Too soon.

And please, lets not drag politics into XDA. This is a sensitive issue on both sides, and there's plenty of other places to discuss this thing outside of this forum.

A forum, I might add, that brings together people from all walks of life, from all over the world. Check your ideology at the door if you can.

The only religious wars we should be having here are defending Android from the infidels using iOS and the heretics using Windows 8. :)
    In order to keep this forum clean i have closed the following threads -

Nexus 10 Price Tag Sighting at WalMart!!
    Looks like it will be in UK Currys PCWorld on 13th
    Will be sold at Walmart. Cover attachment is ugly.

Please use this thread to discuss anything related to where you bought your device, how much it cost, how much was shipping and how long for shipping.

Thanks
    The Nexus 10 Moderation Team
    Ok, it seems that my decision to make one thread about buying the Nexus 10 and the reason is a little foggy to some people, so let me try and clear it up for everyone. Yes we could make a thread just for the UK and the US, but you would then have to make one for the other 6/7 countries you can buy the Nexus 10 in being, Austraila, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan, so having 8 threads on where to buy the Nexus 10 in my mind is not needed. These types of thread only have a short life span and will die away after a few months, because most people would have bought it by then, also these type of threads dont pick up that much traffic, so sifting through and finding the infomation you need won't be that hard, remember the search button it's really good at finding you the answer you need. So lets please not fill this thread up with anymore should we or not have more than one thread.

Thanks
    The-Hulk
    Exactly my point I made a couple of days ago. Got fed up and asked to cancel my order only to be told it couldn't be cancelled because it was in the process of shipping which was 4 days ago. Said once I got a tracking number I could cancel. Well if I never get one then how the hell do I cancel? I got my bank involved Friday and they will reverse the charge on Monday and deal with Google. Now that I've lost confidence in Google I now have a nice new iPad 4 which is pretty damn sweet even if it is apple. None of the stuttering I've seen reported in games n10 users have talked about but that's nothing anyone here is interested in... Good luck I hope your nexus is everything you hoped it to be.

You bought an iPad 4 because the nexus didn't ship fast enough? Two things:

1. You did not hurt Google by not buying the tablet.

2. You just gave support to the most evil corporation in existence.

At least you can go to the Apple forums now and tell each other how awesome your iPad is. Enjoy the hell that is iTunes, and have fun trying to side load anything on that POS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2