What hardware issues are you experiencing?

What hardware issues are you experiencing?

• Light Bleed

Votes: 51 39.2%
  • Back Cover Flex

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Warped Back

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • No issues here!

Votes: 68 52.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Vertron

Jul 30, 2010
This thread is extremely reassuring. Most people seem to only have minor light bleed.

tcb4

Dec 25, 2011
I guess I got extremely lucky. Ordered the minute it first become available (Tuesday, delivered Friday) and zero issues.

No reboots, freezes, laggieness, light bleed, back flex, dust, etc..... nothing, everything has been great.

Not usually this lucky....so I am extremely pleased :)
Lol, bursts into flames minutes later.

Anyway congrats I guess lol. I hope my third unit will be issue free.

plaktoets

Jun 6, 2008
Mine was ordered the first day and shipped to me from a relative in the UK. I took a risk there cause I'm not entitled to RMA nor warranty unless I send it back to the UK first..which is pricey. Luckily, I have no issues. Light bleed is minor on a dark screen on full brightness, in the dark..doesnt bother me at all since I will never use my tablet like that. Battery usage is fine, I'm really enjoying this tablet. I've never had one before, if been waiting for the right one to come along. This baby is it :)

Liv2?

Oct 31, 2011
Have slight light bleed on both sides of upper left corner when in landscape mode camera at top and brightness at the upper level. Had one freeze when installing Firefox. No other issues. Really enjoying the tablet so far.

mi7chy

Oct 26, 2008
Add LCD displaying dirty/slightly piss yellow white to the list. I contemplated swapping the displays between the wrongly shipped 16GB with white white and 32GB with dirty/piss yellow white but it was too much of a hassle so ended up returning both today. Most people won't realize until they see both side by side.

hmhsj

Mar 31, 2008
Bay Area CA
Static noise from headphones

I can hear faint static noise through my headphones or earphones. This only happens while the USB charging cable is plugged in and the tablet is 100% charged. The static noise seems to get louder when I touch the touchscreen. If I unplug the USB charging cable, then the noise goes away. If the battery is less than 100% charged and the USB cable is connected, then I don't hear the noise. . I am using OEM adapter charger and USB cable that come with my Nexus 10. Does anyone experience the same problem?

Reactions: umbrella42

vitaminxero

Apr 11, 2011
San Francisco, California
Mine comes from the 2nd batch (When the 32 GB N10s were back on Google Play). No backlight bleed. No flexing. No dead pixels. None of the problems described in other threads. I am thoroughly enjoying my N10. =)

Rastapastor

Nov 27, 2012
I don't want to create new thread so im goin to ask here (I hope it's not a bad decision :D)

Have anyone encountered problems with the Nexus 10 performance after hitting below 3GB storage like on Nexus 7? When my Nexus 7 hits below 3GB it becomes extremly slow and only factory reset helps. Does Nexus 10 has the same problem? Im thinking of buying this device but firstly i have to know this.

Last edited:
Survey says-

survey-says.jpg

No issues here!

xpuser

Apr 22, 2010
London
I have light bleed in the bottom two corners (when in landscape mode), also along the top, mainly in the middle. I also have the flex problem and the warped back :(

If I only had one of the problems I would have kept it, however since I have all three, I will be returning it. I ordered from the second batch (ordered on the 20th)

Chargree

Sep 20, 2012
Same here

Just chiming in to say I am experiencing this exact behavior. Unfortunately, you are not alone in this. Still, I love this tablet!

I can hear faint static noise through my headphones or earphones. This only happens while the USB charging cable is plugged in and the tablet is 100% charged. The static noise seems to get louder when I touch the touchscreen. If I unplug the USB charging cable, then the noise goes away. If the battery is less than 100% charged and the USB cable is connected, then I don't hear the noise. . I am using OEM adapter charger and USB cable that come with my Nexus 10. Does anyone experience the same problem?

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
I don't want to create new thread so im goin to ask here (I hope it's not a bad decision :D)

Have anyone encountered problems with the Nexus 10 performance after hitting below 3GB storage like on Nexus 7? When my Nexus 7 hits below 3GB it becomes extremly slow and only factory reset helps. Does Nexus 10 has the same problem? Im thinking of buying this device but firstly i have to know this.
I believe this was fixed in a later version of Android; possible 4.1, but in any case, I haven't had any problem (had around 1GB free the other day)

jaxon85

Nov 5, 2010
dead pixel

i recognized some dead pixel, as you can see in the attachement. really frustating

Last edited:

Dr Caldie

Dec 2, 2012
freeze and reeboot issues

I love my nexus 10, but every once in a while the screen freezes and the only button that responds is the lock button. After the screen goes blank it reboots. Doesn't happen very often. But was curious if anyone else experiencing that problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Light bleed, but the most annoying one is that the front and back camera both are not working. Doesnt anyone else have this problem?
    Static noise from headphones

I've uploaded a video with the brightness related noise. In case of this problem I've requested RMA. I hope the next one will be better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OPzRl0iGNM
    freeze/reboot

I have had mine for about a month and it just started the freeze/reboot problem. The thing is that I have been able to isolate the problem and can recreate it as well and I think it has to do with how the nexus 10 handles a signal loss (wifi) or maybe even just data loss.
    The first problem occurred with a couple tabs open/reloading (in chrome) and I walked into an area with very low to no wifi signal (concrete walls) as the nexus lost the signal, it was right in the middle of loading a page. It froze solid and did not respond to screen input (no acknowledgement sound even). Within a minute the Nexus 10 rebooted with a power on boot (did not use power button)
    I have been able to recreate this error by powering down my wifi router while reloading pages using Chrome. As long as it is loading wifi data when the signal is lost, it does the freeze up and reboot thing. I believe one time the signal came back and the nexus recovered from the freeze and did not reboot when the expected signal recovered.
    In case others want to test it out as well.. Maybe check if it is data as well and not just wifi loss that causes the freeze/reboot?
    Mine is from the first shipment (received 4 xmas), completely stock running 4.2.1 and tested with stock chrome (not beta). The error occurred using 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz wifi