[Q] minimalistic vs. uccw. vs. zooper

Which one do you use?

• Total voters
Search This thread

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
Hi. So... I'm a long time minimalistic text (MT) user and haven't really checked out the offerings by UCCW and zooper mainly because I've been quite comfy with the customization levels that MT has provided me.

My main concern though, is battery life. So, my question to anyone who has used two or all three of the widgets in my subject. Is there a difference in battery life consumption amongst the three? (Note that I tend to use variable regarding weather and system stats. No location though, I hard set that.) Or are they all negligible in terms of battery consumption?

Or worse, are they all battery hoggers?

Lastly, are there other custom text widgets that you can recommend?

Jan 27, 2013
As I can remember Minimalistic Text was the fastest of them all. Minimalistic, plain text...
I never really used it cuz numbers in Russian spells much longer then English to look pretty and appropriate :)
Later then I moved from UCCW to Zooper, as I can remember because Zooper worked just faster and smoother. I should check out modern version of UCCW

So if you want much more options then MT - I'd recommend Zooper for now

I'd like to add a bit to the original question — what's the difference in features of Zooper and UCCW we have, and how much does it cost for battery and speed?

Reactions: salisbury_steak

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
As I can remember Minimalistic Text was the fastest of them all. Minimalistic, plain text...
I never really used it cuz numbers in Russian spells much longer then English to look pretty and appropriate :)
Later then I moved from UCCW to Zooper, as I can remember because Zooper worked just faster and smoother. I should check out modern version of UCCW

I'd like to add a bit to the original question — what's the difference in features of Zooper and UCCW we have, and how much does it cost for battery and speed?

I thought no one was ever gonna reply. Thanks for the thoughts man. I am currently, still staying with MT. Mainly because I use a lot of customized text anyway. Although I did try Zooper and I loved it (insane customization options), I didn't feel the need to purchase if it I was already happy with MT. And Zooper free does not support importing widget settings (MT free does).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.