[Layout] Android Phone 7 (HDPI)

Search This thread

oviloga

Mar 30, 2012
sodominus:

You have to assign that Desktop Visualizer widget to a pre-configured folder. Right now, I'm using Folder Organizer to categorize apps into custom folders.

When you are configuring the widget in Desktop Visualizer, press [Select Action]-> [Other]-> [Folder Organizer Item]. Select the folder you want the widget to point to. Now when you press on that widget on the homescreen, a pop-up will appear with just the apps in that folder.

You can also use App Categories or Smart Shortcuts, which work very similar to Folder Organizer but are free.

Hope this helps!

hi, thanks for your help,
but, in those programs like Smart Shortcuts or Folder Organizer they need a name to the folder and becouse of that it looks no good, or i doing something worng?

.LeNoire

May 5, 2012
Ampang
Maybe i know the pixel for HTC One X? It seems like everything is overlapping .. and could you reupload those ready made photo? The dropbox link is dead

donsheff

May 15, 2012
Hampton
My home screen, works like a charm!
Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
eqebezyv.jpg

Last edited:

deviusdragger

Aug 5, 2006
California
Anyone know if this will be worked on anymore? or maybe release a version for higher resolution phones. These are by far my favorite icons i have found.

Passp0rt

May 19, 2011
Has anyone gotten this layout to work on a modern phone? None of these modern themes compare to this look imo.

paulmz

Sep 29, 2010
Duluth, MN
"Android 7" Theme

I don't even know if we can still call this the "Android 7" theme, but I've been rocking it on every phone I've had since my original version for the HTC Incredible. I currently have it tapered down to a single screen on my LG G7 and have graduated past Desktop Visualizer... now using Kustom Widget Maker with Nova Launcher. Kustom makes creating these widgets super easy right on the phone with just adding an image and text then whatever action you want it to do. I also ditched using yet another app to manage folders as Nova has a manager integrated with the app drawer-- I'm just waiting (patiently, after a few emails and feedback) for Nova to add their folders to Android shortcuts so I don't have to use 1x1 buttons to trigger the folders (that's the faint white circles on top of the "Finance", "Entertainment" and "Shopping" widgets).

Has anyone gotten this layout to work on a modern phone? None of these modern themes compare to this look imo.

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-03-11-09-19-37.jpg
    Capture+_2019-03-11-09-19-37.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Passp0rt

May 19, 2011
I don't even know if we can still call this the "Android 7" theme, but I've been rocking it on every phone I've had since my original version for the HTC Incredible. I currently have it tapered down to a single screen on my LG G7 and have graduated past Desktop Visualizer... now using Kustom Widget Maker with Nova Launcher. Kustom makes creating these widgets super easy right on the phone with just adding an image and text then whatever action you want it to do. I also ditched using yet another app to manage folders as Nova has a manager integrated with the app drawer-- I'm just waiting (patiently, after a few emails and feedback) for Nova to add their folders to Android shortcuts so I don't have to use 1x1 buttons to trigger the folders (that's the faint white circles on top of the "Finance", "Entertainment" and "Shopping" widgets).
Thanks paulmz. Is it possible to control the "padding" (ie: the space between borders) or does it have to be a specific size?

Nice theme by the way!
If you don't mind me asking, what app is that on the left (with the calendar and notes on each day)? Did you make that with KWGT?

paulmz

Sep 29, 2010
Duluth, MN
Thanks paulmz. Is it possible to control the "padding" (ie: the space between borders) or does it have to be a specific size?

The space between the widgets is more controlled by the launcher. Nova allows for padding adjustments, but my layout is already at the minimum (which is "Padding: None X None"). There is one additional padding adjustment that Nova can make after the widget is placed, which is long-pressing on the widget and tapping "Padding" from the menu. It doesn't get rid of all of the space and the padding is inconsistent between rows and columns, but it does put the widgets even closer together than my layout demonstrates.

If you don't mind me asking, what app is that on the left (with the calendar and notes on each day)? Did you make that with KWGT?

Yes, the calendar widget is created from Kustom. I attached the Kustom export for that widget for reference. Aside from the weather widget, which is 1Weather with a Kustom widget box for a background, all of the widgets on my home screen are Kustom widgets.

Attachments

• agenda2x3_pz.kwgt.zip
    218.6 KB · Views: 10

Passp0rt

May 19, 2011
The space between the widgets is more controlled by the launcher. Nova allows for padding adjustments, but my layout is already at the minimum (which is "Padding: None X None"). There is one additional padding adjustment that Nova can make after the widget is placed, which is long-pressing on the widget and tapping "Padding" from the menu. It doesn't get rid of all of the space and the padding is inconsistent between rows and columns, but it does put the widgets even closer together than my layout demonstrates.

Yes, the calendar widget is created from Kustom. I attached the Kustom export for that widget for reference. Aside from the weather widget, which is 1Weather with a Kustom widget box for a background, all of the widgets on my home screen are Kustom widgets.
Thanks again. You knew I was going to ask about the weather widget next lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres the resources and mini guide to this as promised

premonition_by_newone757-d2yhhx0.png

Resources:::

Icons and PSD's-http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4111270/Icons_AP7.zip

the font used is Helvitca. Not a free font and no i can not provide it. A little google might land you it illegally

N4HuX

clock is just digital clock widget with the date in black so you cant see

Instructions:::

Using Launcher Pro Plus or ADW Launcher
    and
    Desktop Visualizer

For Horizontal Widgets, Select the 4x1 Desktop Visualizer widget, load your 3x1 png and shortcut, and then resize it to 3x1 when placed on the homescreen

For vertical Widgets its straightforward. Widget size is 1x2.

If you want the dock set it in launcher pro and then use a transparent icon for the launcher in the middle. Transparent Icon not included​

More Guidance. Thanks for helpin out

You have to change your home screen to use 5 rows of icons. ;)

1. You have to install Launcher Pro (and activate Plus features to be able to resize the widgets properly)
    2. Install Desktop Visualizer
    3. In LauncherPro settings, set appearance of the dock to custom, and use the dock from the new layout.
    4. Under advanced set rows to 5.
    5. Change app launcher icon to http://www.elektrobike-hotels.com/markers/transparent.png
    6. Remove icons from dock.
    7. Create Desktop Visualizer widgets of the appropriate size and configure them to look like the layout.
    8. Enjoy!

andyriot has been kind enough to port this over to the lower resolution devices, Its looking sharp too. Way sharper than mine. Nice
    To everyone with an MDPI device wishing to use this -- [Layout] Android Phone 7 (MDPI)

All credit goes to newone757 and permission was asked to release.
    Due to a few request.. I added a few more icons to my pack. Enjoy.

allicons.png

There are a few alternatives to play with. :)

NOTE: I made these icons based off my Droid X resolution (480x854), so they may be bigger on other phones. You can use photoshop to reduce the size to fit your phone better.

I use:
    3x1 (Horizontal) Icons = 390x150 pixels
    1x2 (Vertical) Icons = 120x330 pixels

How to set it up:

Apps Needed:
    Launcher Pro Plus (LP)
    Desktop Visualizer (DV)

1. Open your LP Preferences > Advanced Settings > 5 Icon rows in homescreen (Check it), restart LP.
    2. For Horizontal icons (3x1) Open a 4x1 DV widget, select your icon, select the app you want it to open and remove the name from the edit box. After you create it, resize the 4x1 DV widget to 3x1 with LP (long press icon).
    3. For Vertical icons (1x2) Open a 1x3 DV widget, select your icon, select the app you want it to open and remove the name from the edit box. After you create it, resize the 3x1 widget to 2x1 with LP (long press icon).

Updated:
    10/21/10 - Added Weather, Contacts, Task Killer, Alarm Clock.

10/19/10 - Added TiKL, Soundhound, MP3 Download, Voicemail.

10/14/10 - Added Bar Scanner, Pandora radio, Movies, Clockwork Recovery.

10/12/10 - Added NFL Mobile, To Do List, Shazam, Yelp.

10/11/10 - Added AppBrain, Calulator, Dropbox, Office Suite, News headlines.

10/10/10 - Added Wireless Tether, xda developers.

10/09/10 - Added an Alt Gallery. Replaced 3 icons with misspelling.

10/08/10 - Added Notepad, Docs2go, Youtube, Google Goggles, Settings (x2), MSN, Astro File Manager.

★★ Buy me a Beer if you like my work! ★★

Also if you dont have the .apk for Desktop Visualizer, I attached it to this thread. (credit to moonrock)
    Heres a few I threw together
    Im going to try to answer all these questions soon yall.

But there shouldnt be any jpegs in this at all, if so, here they are zipped up.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4111270/Icons_AP7.zip

Im pretty sure thats desktop visualizer messing with the quality. But right now the only option is to embed the images into a wallpaper, which i dont want to do because i have widgets on my other screens

thanks yall
    why the goddamn hell did you suggest this piece of **** app when it doesnt have wp7 skin for the phone which i ORIGINALLY asked for?

You're a freakin' moron. You asked, and I quote:

"will this android phone 7 also make the phone look like WP7 phone?"

Windows Phone 7 on the left - Launcher7 on the right:

Looks pretty similar to me.

I would ask you to clarify what "wp7 skin" means- which you did NOT ORIGINALLY ask for... but I don't care about your stupid question anymore.

You're obviously lacking the mental capacity to ask the right question- and you get angry when others don't understand you. A simple "thanks for the reply, but this wasn't what I meant" would have sufficed. Instead, you want to be an asshole.

Good luck "customizing" your phone, douche.