[THEME] Kangerade Blue for the Droid2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
This is a port of Jrummy's Kangerade Blue theme for the Droid2. You must be rooted, deodexed, and have Koush's Bootstrapper to install.

I'm not responsible for whatever happens to your phone. Do a backup and use at your own risk!!

made for 2.2.20

Link: http://droid2.mw2team757.com/Kangerade_Blue_Final.zip

Installation

1. Download file and place on the root of your SD card.
2. Use Koush's Bootstrapper to reboot into recovery.
3. Install .zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard.
4. Install Kangerade Blue Theme.
5. Enjoy!

cap201009241404.jpg

cap201009241405.jpg

Dude this is sick, thanks!

one.

Sep 26, 2010
SE Michigan
Forgive me, but I'm still new to the Android OS....

just wondering if it's safe (or relatively safe) to install a custom theme over a custom rom? Specifically epic 2.5 in this case.

Just curious before I jump in and make things more awkward than necessary.

infiltwb

Aug 28, 2010
Yes. My rudimentary understanding of android is that themes are simply changing the visual aspects of Android and not the underlying function.

ROMs will replace the OS with a customized/altered version.

one.

Sep 26, 2010
SE Michigan
So FWIW this did install fine over Epic 2.5, however it didn't change the bottom row softkeys (to 5 instead of 3) at all, which was my major motivation to check it out in the first place.

Uninstall for now, new ver of epic supposed to be coming out any time now anyway.

draya1986

Aug 2, 2010
So FWIW this did install fine over Epic 2.5, however it didn't change the bottom row softkeys (to 5 instead of 3) at all, which was my major motivation to check it out in the first place.

Uninstall for now, new ver of epic supposed to be coming out any time now anyway.

To get the bottom 5 icons, you need launcherpro. Search for it in the market.

diemaster1

Sep 29, 2010
hi. i just installed this and i love it so far however my clock is still black. so i cant read it on a black background. :rolleyes:

other than that i love the theme!. :)

seven09

Jul 20, 2009
Frankfurt
hey I wanna install this theme.. it doesn`t work for me..

maybe my device is not "deodexed" ? :S

I need deodex ? what ist deodex ? what i have to do for this ??

need help! thanks

bluek24a4

Aug 25, 2010
Thanks for this theme, I love it. I ran into an issue though, my Gmail updated and the icon went back to the original, non-themed one. I was hoping unistalling the updates and rebooting would make it go back to the blue one but it didnt. Do I have to re-theme to get it to go back to the blue icon?

nom3

Jul 17, 2009
im having some serious issues. i got my phone rooted (atleast i think it is) but i cant get the bootstraper to work at all. I have astro file manager and i placed it on the the sdcard unzipped. i unzipp it but cannot find the apk file to install it. help!!

CIPuyleart

Jun 1, 2007
Question: Can this be run over top of the 2.4.0 update (either the MDW/TBH full R2D2 ROM or one of Motoboy's de-bloated versions), or will that "downgrade" all of the files? I like the dark + blue hues, but don't want to revert back to the original 2.2 files.

hockeyhead019

Oct 4, 2010
Philadelphia
great theme... two questions/issues... first the clock is black still... i have my phone rooted any ideas?

second. how did you get the icons to appear in the launchbar? i have launcherpro but can't get them to come up as the icons you have in the theme

if it means anything i installed launcherpro after installing the theme.. do i have to reboot via the bootstrapper? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.