Oct 19, 2010
Nice...good to see you here mikey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
i-love-u4.gif

LGSilva

May 7, 2007
Awesome! Looks like SGS2 is a "ROM guru" magnet :)

Someone should invent a way to have 3 roms on the same phone that you can switch just like changing a theme on the launcher and yet keeping all the apps (no, not nandroid. Something faster.)

frankiedizzle87

Aug 23, 2009
Buffalo NY
What's with this.one!?!?!? I'm confused a bit o read it but I'm on UN named 1.0.3 what's the different!?!?! does it look the same too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
One thing I can tell you - Mikey tends to be more aggressive about carrier debloating than other ROM devs. ESPECIALLY on known/suspected battery hog apps.

For example, on the Infuse he was one of the few devs to nuke SNS. While this broke some of the social networking integration, it also led to S7 (his ROM for Captivate/Infuse) being, by far, the most battery-efficient ROM of any I used on Infuse.

Pretty much anything Mikey removes can be added back using the Market, except SNS, which sucks anyway. (I nuked it from my own personal system image... It was one of the first things I killed, and I have Mikey's example with the Infuse to thank for that.)

Haven't flashed it yet personally as I'm trying to learn the black voodoo arts of Android ROM development myself. (As in, I'm currently in a "if I haven't done it myself, it's not running on my phone" phase) - but if I weren't in that state, S7 would likely be what I flash.

To be honest, just like with the Infuse, the choices we have are quite good - right now you can't go wrong with stuff from gtg465x or Mikey (I have personal experience with this) or designgears (less personal experience myself, but he has a good rep and what I've seen of his I777 work so far has been good.)

Emil9727

Jan 21, 2011
One thing I can tell you - Mikey tends to be more aggressive about carrier debloating than other ROM devs. ESPECIALLY on known/suspected battery hog apps.

For example, on the Infuse he was one of the few devs to nuke SNS. While this broke some of the social networking integration, it also led to S7 (his ROM for Captivate/Infuse) being, by far, the most battery-efficient ROM of any I used on Infuse.

Pretty much anything Mikey removes can be added back using the Market, except SNS, which sucks anyway. (I nuked it from my own personal system image... It was one of the first things I killed, and I have Mikey's example with the Infuse to thank for that.)

Haven't flashed it yet personally as I'm trying to learn the black voodoo arts of Android ROM development myself. (As in, I'm currently in a "if I haven't done it myself, it's not running on my phone" phase) - but if I weren't in that state, S7 would likely be what I flash.

To be honest, just like with the Infuse, the choices we have are quite good - right now you can't go wrong with stuff from gtg465x or Mikey (I have personal experience with this) or designgears (less personal experience myself, but he has a good rep and what I've seen of his I777 work so far has been good.)

I agree his captivate and infuse work has been amazing

*Cog + doom = cheat codes*

dayv

Sep 7, 2010
Nice credit to Steve Jobs :)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

Except Jobs wasn't much of am inventor. He was a brilliant innovater. But he took from things that were already invented, pushed others around him to take what was good from those things make them better, then what he was real good at was packaging those improved inventions into quality end user products, and it didn't hurt that he was a brilliant marketing strategist either.

Most of what was the innovation of the apple computer was built on inventions by a think tank funded by Xerox. But Xerox did not understand what they had or how it was beneficial to end users or how to market it, but Steve did.

Steve did not invent digital music players, he just brought high quality end user experience there.

he did not invent internet music stores, he just built a really good one.

He did not even invent the smart phone. He just took it to a whole new level.

Innovator, marketer, strategist, leader - he was among the best to ever live to hold these titles.

Inventer, no, he did not invent hardly anything.

That all said, I know what Mikey means, and the tech world would not be anything like what it is without Steve Jobs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
Feels good to be home again. I attached Google Talk in case someone wanted it, too.

Attachments

• Talk2.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
Reactions: Pseud0logik

Top Liked Posts