[ROM][Kitchen][Nov 17] kwbr HD 5.7 :: Sense :: Manila :: Titanium :: 23148 :: 21914

Search This thread

JeepSRT8

Dec 14, 2008
So Cal.
Can you please tell me how I can install this Rom, Forgive the rookie question.

"a Touch of HD" for Blackstone
Full version
and
Lite version

Version 2.0 (18.12.2008).
Based on the hTC WM6.1 WWE 1.19.831.0

No radio, ipl or spl included. Please use hspl before flashing this rom. After flashing it is recommended to perform a hard reset.

Touch_of_HD_banner.jpg

Free storage full version ~320MB and Free program ~131MB.
Free storage lite version ~336MB and Free program ~131MB.

Bl@ck

Nov 6, 2008
Rome
if you've an official rom downloaded (like a 1.19 wwe) simply open the file with winrar/winzip (it's an autoexecutable) and extract it in a folder, now overwrite the ruu_signed.nbh file in "touch of hd" zip with the one in the folder you just created and run RomUpdateUtility.exe, it'll flash this rom in your phone :p

there's also another way:
take the ruu_signed.nbh file in the "touch of hd" zip and copy it in the root of your SD card, turn off the phone and press volume down and power button and the bootloader will start, when asked press again the power button and the phone will flash the rom.

kwbr

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 17, 2007
Can you please tell me how I can install this Rom, Forgive the rookie question.

Jeep, first of all you have to install Hard-SPL from Cmonex. Read this thread carefully. Double check if the flash of Hard-SPL succeeded!

After that you can flash the rom by starting ROMUpdateUtility.exe. This program is already available in the download (zip file I created). Just follow the instructions. Make sure your battery is full enough (more than half).

Reactions: HTC0017

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
if you've an official rom downloaded (like a 1.19 wwe) simply open the file with winrar/winzip (it's an autoexecutable) and extract it in a folder, now overwrite the ruu_signed.nbh file in "touch of hd" zip with the one in the folder you just created and run RomUpdateUtility.exe, it'll flash this rom in your phone :p

there's also another way:
take the ruu_signed.nbh file in the "touch of hd" zip and copy it in the root of your SD card, turn off the phone and press volume down and power button and the bootloader will start, when asked press again the power button and the phone will flash the rom.
Together we will work it out :)

Reactions: HTC0017

jim256

Nov 26, 2007
...That's because I use it that way (dutch localization). I changed it in version 2.0 back to "normal" US ;)...

Haha, alrighty cool thanks ;)

Awesome to see an update so quickly.

One more question...I saw before I flashed that you had disabled threaded sms. I personally really like to use it, and just figured I would change it back with a reg edit. However, this only seems to work about half way...while things do go back to threaded, the newest messages appear as the oldest messages each time.

Any ideas? I guess my real question is, what exactly did you do to disable it so I can reverse it?

Thanks again,
Jim.

jim256

Nov 26, 2007
kwbr, thought this might have been overlooked since you have posted a few times since:

One more question...I saw before I flashed that you had disabled threaded sms.

I personally really like to use it, and just figured I would change it back with a reg edit. However, this only seems to work about half way...while things do go back to threaded, the newest messages appear as the oldest messages each time.

Any ideas? I guess my real question is, what exactly did you do to disable it so I can reverse it?

Thanks again,
Jim.

Love the addition of Music ID, also just as a side note, might be nice to note which version of MusicID you added in the 3rd post there.

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
kwbr, thought this might have been overlooked since you have posted a few times since:

One more question...I saw before I flashed that you had disabled threaded sms.

I personally really like to use it, and just figured I would change it back with a reg edit. However, this only seems to work about half way...while things do go back to threaded, the newest messages appear as the oldest messages each time.

Thanks again,
Jim.

Love the addition of Music ID, also just as a side note, might be nice to note which version of MusicID you added in the 3rd post there.
Sorry Jim, indeed missed that one. As for the threaded SMS, I will create a cab file for you that enables it. The sort thing is default behaviour of the software. I noticed this a few weeks ago on my Elfin and managed that by tapping a few times somewhere on the top-bar if I remember it well.

jim256

Nov 26, 2007
Sorry Jim, indeed missed that one. As for the threaded SMS, I will create a cab file for you that enables it. The sort thing is default behaviour of the software. I noticed this a few weeks ago on my Elfin and managed that by tapping a few times somewhere on the top-bar if I remember it well.

Ok great thanks. But I didn't make myself clearer on the second part. I wasn't referring to the sms/mms account overview, I am aware that it sorts them by newest at the top (sorry for the misunderstanding).

The problem is that even inside a conversation, instead of the newest messages being at the bottom...they will be at the top. aka I have to hit "older", "older", "older" a couple of times to get to the most recent message because it does them backwards.

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
Ok great thanks. But I didn't make myself clearer on the second part. I wasn't referring to the sms/mms account overview, I am aware that it sorts them by newest at the top (sorry for the misunderstanding).

The problem is that even inside a conversation, instead of the newest messages being at the bottom...they will be at the top. aka I have to hit "older", "older", "older" a couple of times to get to the most recent message because it does them backwards.
Did you do any (additional) registry modifications? I know e.g. that the PIE navigation mod (page scrolling) gives problems with sms/mms.

jim256

Nov 26, 2007
Did you do any (additional) registry modifications? I know e.g. that the PIE navigation mod (page scrolling) gives problems with sms/mms.

Hmm..well ya I did. Just by using Advanced Config w/ my usual edits/tweaks though, and have never had a problem before.

EDIT: I wouldn't worry too much about that though. I did restore messages w/ pim backup which can screw things up sometimes, and also didn't change to threaded until after I had sent/received a few messages.

I just finished installing your new 2.0 rom just now, I'll immediately do the edit that changes to threaded, will not restore my old msgs, and do a test to see what happens. I bet it goes w/o a hitch. Thanks.

Last edited:

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
Hmm..well ya I did. Just by using Advanced Config w/ my usual edits/tweaks though, and have never had a problem before.

EDIT: I wouldn't worry too much about that though. I did restore messages w/ pim backup which can screw things up sometimes, and also didn't change to threaded until after I had sent/received a few messages.

I just finished installing your new 2.0 rom just now, I'll immediately do the edit that changes to threaded, will not restore my old msgs, and do a test to see what happens. I bet it goes w/o a hitch. Thanks.
Cab will be up in about half an hour :)

Top Liked Posts