Simple "Send/Install to Phone" Context menu

Search This thread

nicandris

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2009
Amsterdam
plus.google.com
I know a lot of you are bored of mounting SDcard all the time just to add/install a file on your phone, and running commands (push) through ADB is a bit waste of time so i created a small registry adition for Windows to be able to send/install any file at your Phone with just a click.

Download the zip below and edit EDITME.reg with your apropriate SDK directory and just run SendToPhone.bat/Install to Phone.bat.

Send to Phone
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Send to Phone]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Send to Phone\command]
@="[COLOR="Red"]<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>[/COLOR]\\platform-tools\\adb.exe push %1 /sdcard/"

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]NOTICE![/COLOR] MS for some reason requires double slashes between dirs

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]EXAMPLE: @="G:\\sdk\\platform-tools\\adb.exe push %1 /sdcard/"[/COLOR]

Install to Phone
Code:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shell\Install to Phone]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shell\Install to Phone\command]
@="[COLOR="Red"]<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>[/COLOR]\\platform-tools\\adb.exe install %1"

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]NOTICE![/COLOR] MS for some reason requires double slashes between dirs

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]EXAMPLE: @="G:\\sdk\\platform-tools\\adb.exe install %1"[/COLOR]

inst.png

Last edited:

pakjebakmeel

Apr 26, 2012
Ankeveen
Because \ is the default for special characters when interpreting strings i.e. \t is typically a tab-character. To use \ in a string you then have double \\.

It's called an escape character. Brilliant idea though, simple yet very effective and time saving.. I read it and thought "duh".

Where's regedit on my Gentoo box anyways? :highfive:

darkerm

I know a lot of you are bored of mounting SDcard all the time just to add/install a file on your phone, and running commands (push) through ADB is a bit waste of time so i created a small registry adition for Windows to be able to send/install any file at your Phone with just a click.

Download the zip below and edit EDITME.reg with your apropriate SDK directory and just run SendToPhone.bat/Install to Phone.bat.

Send to Phone
Code:

@="[COLOR="Red"]<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>[/COLOR]\\tools\\adb.exe push %1 /sdcard/"

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]EXAMPLE: @="G:\\sdk\\tools\\adb.exe push %1 /sdcard/"[/COLOR]

Install to Phone
Code:

@="[COLOR="Red"]<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>[/COLOR]\\tools\\adb.exe install %1"

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]EXAMPLE: @="G:\\sdk\\tools\\adb.exe install %1"[/COLOR]

inst.png

Can you tell me what exactly is "SDK directory"?
I didn't install Android SDK too, will I have to install it to use this tweak in my PC?
Also, is there any way to show "APK Thumbnail in Win 7" ?

nicandris

Jan 5, 2009
Amsterdam
plus.google.com
Can you tell me what exactly is "SDK directory"?
I didn't install Android SDK too, will I have to install it to use this tweak in my PC?
Also, is there any way to show "APK Thumbnail in Win 7" ?

SDK directory is where the sdk is installed. if you didnt install it, it is where adb.exe is located
Download adb from here and link to that directory

darkerm

Not Working :(
Here is what I did.
I downloaded the Zip and Extract it in a Folder Name ADB. Then I copy the Folder to C Drive in my PC

I changet this To
Code:

@="[COLOR=DarkGreen]<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>[/COLOR]\\tools\\adb.exe install %1"
This
Code:

@="[COLOR=DarkRed]C:\\ADB[/COLOR]\\tools\\adb.exe install %1"

Can ya tell me what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

nicandris

Jan 5, 2009
Amsterdam
plus.google.com
Not Working :(
Here is what I did.
I downloaded the Zip and Extract it in a Folder Name ADB. Then I copy the Folder to C Drive in my PC

I changet this To
Code:

@="[COLOR=DarkGreen]<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>[/COLOR]\\tools\\adb.exe install %1"
This
Code:

@="[COLOR=DarkRed]C:\\ADB[/COLOR]\\tools\\adb.exe install %1"
Can ya tell me what am I doing wrong?

open command prompt (Start-run-cmd). Navigate to C:\adb and type adb devices
Does it display anything?

mattish.91

May 24, 2010
Stockholm
www.mspot.nu
Open file with?

When i try to push this to my phone from context menu i get "Open file with" prompt, what can i do about it? do i have to have any special progs to send this to my phone? :(

nitephlight

Mar 16, 2012
LG V60 ThinQ
awesome hack bro- will definately use the **** about this. i take it that with a simple modification this could support ADB wireless? assuming of course you assign your phone a static IP on the LAN..

3llomi

Feb 25, 2014
www.devlomi.com
Thanks Man it's AWESOME :)
but it's only Work when the apk name has no spaces (i am talking about install to phone)
When the apk name has spaces it's open CMD and close quickly it says "invalid Apk file!!
any solution to this problem??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Send to Phone
    Code:

@="[COLOR="Red"]<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>[/COLOR]\\platform-tools\\adb.exe push %1 /sdcard/"

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]EXAMPLE: @="G:\\sdk\\platform-tools\\adb.exe push %1 /sdcard/"[/COLOR]

Install to Phone
    Code:

@="[COLOR="Red"]<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>[/COLOR]\\platform-tools\\adb.exe install %1"

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]EXAMPLE: @="G:\\sdk\\platform-tools\\adb.exe install %1"[/COLOR]

inst.png
    does it work with wifi?

Type in cmd (run as Administrator)

Code:
    adb connect ***wifi.ip.address***:5555
    Code:
    example: adb connect 192.168.0.105:5555

and then it should work [link]