[CAB] Chinese support(CHS font only now) for Artermis ROM [UPDATED 02-May-2010]

Search This thread

alexnvidia

Sep 29, 2006
Maybe try the following:
- rename the existing wince.nls to wince.nls.old then copy the new one.

- inside your registry... remove this key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SystemLink] then import the reg file from 1st post, if everything ok, only 5 entries will be recreated as following

"HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin"="\\windows\\UCSH00B-gray.ttf,AR CrystalHeiU20 Bold(gray);\\windows\\tahoma.ttf,Tahoma"
"Helvetica Neue OTS"="\\windows\\UCSH00B-gray.ttf,AR CrystalHeiU20 Bold(gray);\\windows\\tahoma.ttf,Tahoma"
"Courier New"="\\windows\\UCSH00B-gray.ttf,AR CrystalHeiU20 Bold(gray)"
"Tahoma"="\\windows\\UCSH00B-gray.ttf,AR CrystalHeiU20 Bold(gray)"
"AR CrystalHeiU20 Bold(gray)"="\\windows\\tahoma.ttf,Tahoma"

remember to soft reset ... then enjoy the new font ;)

tried reloadnls.exe and your method above, still im getting square boxes in google maps mandarin settings. any other solution? the thing is, i can see chinese in htc sense, my music files and names, all chinese characters appeared nicely. only google maps is not playing nice here.

GiantMuffinMan

Mar 17, 2010
Hong Kong
+1!!!

that would be easy, if you guys really want it, I mean the traditional Chinese display and supports, ;)

I may make 2 cabs tonight :)

cab 1: CHT display (mingliu.ttc, pretty fonts) and input (from Samsung HK keyboard),

cab 2: same as the above but added wince.nls with Chinese regions.

please pm to me to show your request in order to let me work on it ( I am currently using the second method ;))

Thank you for all your effort dioxda2!

I'm currently using the ULTIMATEPOWER ROM by Laurentius and have already downloaded the CHT chinese region and display support cab that you posted in that thread...seems to be working perfectly! All I'm missing is the CHT input...so either cab would meet my needs, correct? I'll just uninstall the version that you posted in that other thread and install this one (when it's done =P)?

Keep up the great work =)

Shadowdh

Jan 21, 2008
London (nearly)
tried reloadnls.exe and your method above, still im getting square boxes in google maps mandarin settings. any other solution? the thing is, i can see chinese in htc sense, my music files and names, all chinese characters appeared nicely. only google maps is not playing nice here.

In that case try rickys or another method... I used rickys (on stock 1.66) and its the bees knees...

alexnvidia

Sep 29, 2006
after further testing, i found out that PPCLINK lexisgoo is the culprit that caused google maps to show square boxes. only after installing lexisgoo, the chinese characters in google maps will become boxes and even uninstalling lexisgoo will not get the fonts back. hard reset required. any idea why this is happening?

dioxda2

Jan 23, 2006
Hong Kong
after further testing, i found out that PPCLINK lexisgoo is the culprit that caused google maps to show square boxes. only after installing lexisgoo, the chinese characters in google maps will become boxes and even uninstalling lexisgoo will not get the fonts back. hard reset required. any idea why this is happening?

you should check the cab from the lexigoo, probably the fontlink reg value was being disturbed by it.

Dec 3, 2007
Guangzhou
feedback...

Hi Guys

Firstly, thanks to ksk622 for his efforts in getting CHS input working on a WWE rom, and thanks to Ricky for his awesome font cabs! they work so well!
in contact search, chinese characters are able to be searched using pinyin!!! :D

so, I installed Rickys WenQuanYi Micro Hei Font pack (文泉驿开源矢量中文字体).
seems to be vector based?! very nice!

afterwards (after reboot of course), i ran through ksk622's tutorial (thanks ksk622 :D ) to get the chs/wwe keyboard working, but it didnt work :(

it had the same effects at all my other attempts to do the same.
with another keyboard i tried to install (a4 v2.8, will be familiar to some) i got the same results.
no characters pop up when typing pinyin, it just enters capital letters as you type.
also, it disables the predictive input of the english keyboard.

the only keyboard that hasnt stuffed up the predictive on the english keyboard is plum sip.
obviously, it is far preferable to only have one SIP for both languages (so you dont have to switch keyboards all the time).
so, my search continues.

my ROM is CleanEX UDT Ultimate V6.5 (i realise this is the reason it wont work, but i love this rom!)

hope this helps. :D

Regards,
HPD

Last edited:

siamchen

Apr 16, 2008
Sydney
Try to use QQ PinYin

Download is available from: http://mobile.qq.com/py/download.jsp

It's good for Chinese input. Make sure you installed the Chinese font first.

You can copy the msyh.ttf from your windows machine to HD2 under \windows folder then import the following registry information.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SystemLink]
"HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin"="\\windows\\msyh.ttf,MSYH;\\windows\\tahoma.ttf,Tahoma"
"Helvetica Neue OTS"="\\windows\\msyh.ttf,MSYH;\\windows\\tahoma.ttf,Tahoma"
"Courier New"="\\windows\\msyh.ttf,MSYH"
"Tahoma"="\\windows\\msyh.ttf,MSYH"

Last edited:

ruffruff

Sep 15, 2006
Download is available from: http://mobile.qq.com/py/download.jsp

It's good for Chinese input. Make sure you installed the Chinese font first.

You can copy the msyh.ttf from your windows machine to HD2 under \windows folder then import the following registry information.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SystemLink]
"HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin"="\\windows\\msyh.ttf,MSYH;\\windows\\tahoma.ttf,Tahoma"
"Helvetica Neue OTS"="\\windows\\msyh.ttf,MSYH;\\windows\\tahoma.ttf,Tahoma"
"Courier New"="\\windows\\msyh.ttf,MSYH"
"Tahoma"="\\windows\\msyh.ttf,MSYH"

Lol, Yahei is definitely one of the best Chinese fonts available...

But are there any out of screen spacing in applications if we directly use the windows vista/7 msyh font?

netboyhk

Jan 3, 2010
ksk622 brother !!!
can u make a cab for us?????
the step is very hard to do for me....
i don't understand the step 3-5 and where is the app.reg ?
sorry for my bad english :)

yunstar88

Oct 28, 2009
i still prefer to use the TOuch input which combines the Pinyin and handwriting, if this issue can be solved ,that will be very helpful for the bros that use Chinese

ksk622

Apr 1, 2008
Ang Mo Kio
ksk622 brother !!!
can u make a cab for us?????
the step is very hard to do for me....
i don't understand the step 3-5 and where is the app.reg ?
sorry for my bad english :)

Hi there... that 1 is a combination of touch input 2.1 192x ( western engine+ ezinput + IME CHS ) in the end replace them by the china ROM version of OEM files manually... it will give pinyin but UI there is in other way... Eg: click english = chinese, click chinese become english... i suggest not to try this anymore ... although even it works 100% for pinyin... sorry for turn you down man...

I afraid i have to say forget about IME CHS in your favorite WWE ROM.... if the cab is there then it already shared among us... at least it still not available until today... maybe tomorrow some1 expert here will create a cab for us... lets hope :rolleyes:

dioxda2

Jan 23, 2006
Hong Kong
that would be easy, if you guys really want it, I mean the traditional Chinese display and supports, ;)

I may make 2 cabs tonight :)

cab 1: CHT display (mingliu.ttc, pretty fonts) and input (from Samsung HK keyboard),

cab 2: same as the above but added wince.nls with Chinese regions.

please pm to me to show your request in order to let me work on it ( I am currently using the second method ;))

no one else want it? only one member had pm me....... :(

Dec 3, 2007
Guangzhou
clarification...

Hi there... that 1 is a combination of touch input 2.1 192x ( western engine+ ezinput + IME CHS ) in the end replace them by the china ROM version of OEM files manually... it will give pinyin but UI there is in other way... Eg: click english = chinese, click chinese become english... i suggest not to try this anymore ... although even it works 100% for pinyin... sorry for turn you down man...

hey ksk622

didnt quite understand your comments above. :confused:
are you saying its not working anymore? please explain :eek:

HPD

ksk622

Apr 1, 2008
Ang Mo Kio
hey ksk622

didnt quite understand your comments above. :confused:
are you saying its not working anymore? please explain :eek:

HPD

I mean the result can be achieve by using a fresh Artermis ROM
Steps:
1) install LIA IME western engine cab
2) install LIA IME western input cab
3) install LIA IME CHS input cab
4) replace the files inside IME CHS OEM 0804 from my post to your hd2
5) soft reset
I understand this is not an elegant way to do ... thats y i said this is not suggested.

dioxda2

Jan 23, 2006
Hong Kong
Last edited:

kimcng

Nov 29, 2006

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am looking into this as well. will try my luck with the new version of "touch input". ;)

looking forward to your findings mate. cheers
    post updated.............

Tested on Energy rom 23673 and should work on all new roms (be sure that you DON'T have 160 characters in composing SMS or receiver may see "?????" only.
    http://www.4shared.com/get/Nt-y8HmA/1-dioxda2-AsiaNLS-update.html

this Chinese support cab is safe and can be removed....... yet it includes:

1. Asian region NLS (Chinese regions like HKG, Singapore, China, Macua and Taiwan),

2. Chinese display support with mingliu fonts (pretty Chinese font),

3. It makes to display ok with CHT, CHS, Thai, Japanese, Persian......

4. For Chinese hand-writing input, please install this again if you can't see it from the input switch menu :)

5. included advance settings for Total Commander,

6. included date and clock display at the right top bar,

7. don't forget to set the default Samsung handwriting input method to "input box" for best and error free performance. :D

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

earlier version for older roms:-

Tested on Cloudy 1.15
    http://www.4shared.com/file/PkqsZPVy/dioxda2-AsiaNLS-CHT.html

this cab is safe and can be removed....... yet it includes:

1. Asian region NLS (Chinese regions like HKG, Singapore, China, Macua and Taiwan),

2. Chinese display support with mingliu fonts (pretty Chinese font),

3. Chinese hand-writing input (Sam Sung HKG input, both CHT and CHS supported),

4. It makes to display ok with CHT, CHS, Thai, Japanese, Persian......
    Hi, dioxda2. Thanks for your language package, it works great on my Samsung i8000L (OMNIA 2) whose ROM is Energy 23151 Sense2.5 Cookie 2.0. However, after installing your cab, it changed my analog clock style on the Home tab. Anyway, I do like my original analog clock style, so do you know how to install your this language pack, but still keep my analog clock style on the Home tab. Thanks in advance.

Should be OK, may I have your screen capture? It that the right top corner clock?

I may give you a tip to restore that, I need your screen first :):)
    Hi, dioxda2. my original screen is captured as 112233.jpg.

And the screen after installing your language pack is attached as file 112244.jpg.

I just wanna install your fabulous language pack without changing my screen theme (especially the analoy clock style). Thanks so much.

ok, I make a new one for you :) Please wait.. :)
    ok, I make a new one for you :) Please wait.. :)

Here you go~~~~ direct download from HERE

P.S. Right top Date & Clock has beed removed, so as the analogue clock. :)