Which aptX HD phone?
Moto G5S Plus has got to go.. but I haven't found a phone that'd be "perfect" successor. Please help me decide.
Price would have to stay under 400 €, and I'm willing to do a little Black Friday / Cyber Monday hunting, so that 400 is not "absolute max", but you get the point, my budget ain't gonna be enough for Google Pixel 4.
aptX HD (aptX Adaptive would be nice, but it's so rare that I'm not even dreaming about that)
Nice to haves:
- Good quality screen, AMOLED preferred
- Pretty good rear camera (I take mostly daylight pictures of other persons / scenery, rarely video, never selfies)
- Simple / light UI (Moto G has been friendly..).. or at least one that is intuitive enough for grandpa coming from (almost) stock android.
- Long lifecycle (software/security updates)
- Decent battery (one full day of web surfing is enough)
- Splash proof (would have to endure light rain, not submersion)
- Robust (current phone has been dropped countless times, and have had screen protector replaced more than once..)
Does not matter at all:
- Speaker/s quality
- 3.5 mm / wired audio output
- IR transmitter
- Front facing camera
- Gaming performance
I did some googling and came up with following phones, each one with something "wrong":
Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro / Redmi K20 Pro - Can it withstand moisture at all (with that pop-up camera)? And that MIUI is a big question mark to me.. apparently many dislike it? Price for 6GB/128GB is 410 €, could most likely be had for 3XX during sales.
Asus Zenfone 6 - Has IPS screen.. 499 € at the moment.
ZTE Axon 10 Pro - Quality of the pictures has been criticized, but is waterproof. Was on sale for ~370 € yesterday at Black Friday pre-sale, now 450 €.
Oneplus 7 Pro / T /T Pro seems nice, but these cost 680 / 610 / 760 €.
Is there any other options / which one would you pick (considering my use)?