FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[PATCH] Working Superuser/su for newer Sense ROMs

1,361 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,588
 
By rmk40, Retired Recognized Developer on 25th December 2010, 10:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2010, 03:52 AM |#21  
rmk40's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,588
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gominolo2002

Hi,

This patch works only on Desire Z or I can install in my Desire HD?

Regards,

It'll work for any ROM actually.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmk40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rmk40 Ad-Free
27th December 2010, 11:26 AM |#22  
gominolo2002's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Ok, I will testing

Thank U!
27th December 2010, 12:30 PM |#23  
steviewevie's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 621
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWilson

Is the Egypt RUU rootable?
That could solve our problems!

Not as I understand it, it has the same issues as the other 1.72 ROMs.
27th December 2010, 12:32 PM |#24  
hamdir's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 27,182
 
More
does WAL require the supplied kernel? I'm mean does it need to be integrated in custom kernels
27th December 2010, 09:12 PM |#25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
"If you ran the RUU and have trashed your custom recovery (Clockwork), this isn't going to help you root the device again. Superuser is a tool for managing root access, not obtaining it."

OK, like and idiot I ran the RUU and cannot get into recovery.

How do I unscrew myself?

Thanks in advance,
Vince
28th December 2010, 10:13 AM |#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hi.

I ran the ota update, which obviously broke the previous su/superuser, but from what I gather, I should still have root?! But it just can't be managed?!

I hadn't previously put clockwork mod on, and I don't think I am s-off (is there any way to check?!)

Anyway, what I was wanting to do was to get SU back, so I could at least backup my apps. Currently, wireless is b0rked because of the update... So, I was wanting to make a backup of my data, and (if possible, although don't think it is), revert back to a previous rom release...

Am I able to do this at all? This is a zip, which I guess requires clockwork to run?!

Any info greatly appreciated...

Or, is there any way of getting all the data from my apps backed up?! I had previously been using MyBackup Pro, which requires root to get the data for all my apps. Can this be done without root at all? At least I can then reflash and get wifi working!!!
28th December 2010, 12:13 PM |#27  
afrcom15's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cornwall
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelldr

Hi.

I ran the ota update, which obviously broke the previous su/superuser, but from what I gather, I should still have root?! But it just can't be managed?!

I hadn't previously put clockwork mod on, and I don't think I am s-off (is there any way to check?!)

Anyway, what I was wanting to do was to get SU back, so I could at least backup my apps. Currently, wireless is b0rked because of the update... So, I was wanting to make a backup of my data, and (if possible, although don't think it is), revert back to a previous rom release...

Am I able to do this at all? This is a zip, which I guess requires clockwork to run?!

Any info greatly appreciated...

Or, is there any way of getting all the data from my apps backed up?! I had previously been using MyBackup Pro, which requires root to get the data for all my apps. Can this be done without root at all? At least I can then reflash and get wifi working!!!

No, the OTA would have broken root


You'd know if you had S-OFF because you would have had to do it to your phone in the first place surely!

Anyway, if you didn't have radio S-OFF prior to installing the update then you are fooked until the devs figure it out
28th December 2010, 12:17 PM |#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrcom15

No, the OTA would have broken root


You'd know if you had S-OFF because you would have had to do it to your phone in the first place surely!

Anyway, if you didn't have radio S-OFF prior to installing the update then you are fooked until the devs figure it out

Thing is, so many things have happened since then, I can't remember whether I s-off'd or not... So that's why I said I can't remember...
28th December 2010, 01:04 PM |#29  
keinengel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
You can check if you're S-OFF by powering off your phone and going into hboot by holding down Volume down and Power. Or connect it to your PC and use adb reboot bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to keinengel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift keinengel Ad-Free
28th December 2010, 02:23 PM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
lol, guess I must not have s-off'ed then, as when pressing vol down and powering on, I get:

Code:
VISION PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.85.0008
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.04.02.17_M2
eMMC-boot
Nov 17 2010,21:21:39
Looks like I'm buggered then until someone can give us root
29th December 2010, 09:40 AM |#31  
steviewevie's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 621
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkennedy

"If you ran the RUU and have trashed your custom recovery (Clockwork), this isn't going to help you root the device again. Superuser is a tool for managing root access, not obtaining it."

OK, like and idiot I ran the RUU and cannot get into recovery.

How do I unscrew myself?

So did it flash ok ? When you try to boot into recovery, does it come up with a screen with a red triangle and exclamation mark ? If so, then just press Volume Up and Power and it will go into the stock recovery screen. But that won't help you root the device. Flashing the whole RUU of 1.72 will have flashed stock recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes