[ROM][ARC/ARC S] Arconium MIUI 2.5.18 - Smoother than Ever [23 May]

Search This thread

hemo1001

Dec 9, 2008
Riyadh
i know this is a stupid question but can i run dspmanager for ics on this rom?? i never flashed miui before so i dont know which apks i can install & use on miui

You can run the dspmanager.apk in MIUI but i don't think you'll need it ..... MIUI music player already has the best equalizer i've ever used ..

good luck....

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
i installed it but my wifi isnt connecting
i am using Stock ICS beta kernel with CWM 5.5.0.4....is there something else i need to flash?

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
It's deffinatly not smooth. Lags a lot, I hope that it will be fixed in MIUIv4 final version.

It definitely will be 'fixed' in the final version. Remember guys, this is only a pre-alpha version, and it shouldn't even be fast :D

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Titanium Backup Working with ics beta kernel.
Running video.

I learned that only the FREE version works. I do have the legitimate and legal TB Donate app. And for some reason, TB Donate did work on ZDunex's rom. I just didn't fancy verify every single app(~200pcs), so I flashed Zdune's rom, restored apps and jumped back to this rom. No wipe needed because they're basically the same rom, this is just tweaked a little bit.

londonzombie

Mar 8, 2006
i installed it but my wifi isnt connecting
i am using Stock ICS beta kernel with CWM 5.5.0.4....is there something else i need to flash?
I have just tried all the Kernels for this Rom and can only get WIFI to work with Doom Kernel V4 (With the Seperate Modules downloaded) but have issues with this Kernel causing random Reboots and the reboot function hangs at the bootloader so have to Power off everytime. Small issues really... Hope that helps.

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
I have just tried all the Kernels for this Rom and can only get WIFI to work with Doom Kernel V4 (With the Seperate Modules downloaded) but have issues with this Kernel causing random Reboots and the reboot function hangs at the bootloader so have to Power off everytime. Small issues really... Hope that helps.

yours is a big problem mate....random boots & hangs arent really my idea of small issues :p :p i hope there is a better solution than that....the only thing stopping me from using this rom is the wifi which i need....i can make do without HDMI but wifi is a must....this was the 1st MIUI rom i used & i fell in love with it...i hope there is a solution....everytime i try to connect it says "saved" & doesnt connect at all

timroth

Nov 6, 2010
www.themost10.com
I have no problem with apex launcher about speed. But the annoying bugs are we cannot theme status bar,dialer app and messaging app. Other than this rom is really good. Thank you doomed151

manojcitc

Nov 30, 2011
ahmedabad
And why on earth is the arconium guy getting credit off anyone what so ever for re-releasing this rom with slight tweaks, arguable bloatware removed and build.prop changed? Blatently wrong...

Reactions: chiefy009

doomed151

Dec 5, 2009
And why on earth is the arconium guy getting credit off anyone what so ever for re-releasing this rom with slight tweaks, arguable bloatware removed and build.prop changed? Blatently wrong...

They probably didn't fully read the main post and missed who actually compiled this ROM.

pietr0

Jun 4, 2008
Antwerp
also with the Stock ICS beta kernel with CWM 5.5.0.4 Titanium Backup is not working for me. some apps I can restore 1 by 1 but even then TB still crashes after restoring.
Next to that, nice rom! love it. Also the MIUI launcher is ok, I don't notice that much lag.

Tonight I'll check the HDMI connection.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arconium MIUI

Based on official MIUI release by MIUI Scotland or MIUIAndroid.

Everything is working including HDMI, FM Radio and WiFi tethering/hotspot.

Screenshots

qyOi
    qyPk
    qyPu

qyPF
    qyPL
    qyPX

Requirements

Release Notes

2.5.18 (23 May)
    • Based on MIUIAndroid 2.5.18.
    • Fixed Chinese text on lockscreen.
    • Removed some useless apks.
    • Supercharged services.jar.
    • Added some tweaks.
    • Software rendering enabled by default.

2.5.11 (13 May)
    • Based on MIUIAndroid 2.5.11.
    • Added some tweaks.

2.4.27 (28 Apr)
    • Based on MIUI Scotland 2.4.27v2.
    • Fixed MAC address being incorrect.

2.4.20 (21 Apr)
    • Based on MIUI 2.4.20 (MIUIAndroid).
    • Again fixed Chinese text on lockscreen.
    • Fixed MAC address being incorrect.
    • Mount SD card as mass storage by default.

Credits

MIUI China - MIUIAndroid - MIUI Scotland

Don't forget to hit 'Thanks' if you like this ROM ;)
    Downloads

Main ROM
    update-Arconium-MIUI-2.5.18.zip (175 MB)

Baseband
    LT15_LT18_70_Baseband.ftf (10.6 MB)

Known Issues

• Phone numbers with country code in front aren't detected properly (they duplicate in messaging). (?)

Troubleshooting

• Flash the corresponding modules from the kernel you use (unless "modules included" is written) to make sure WiFi works properly.
    • To solve spell-check issues, either disable it altogether or install a different keyboard.
    • Root access is disabled by default. To enable it, open the security app and enable root permission there.
    • If keyboard doesn't show up, try rebooting the phone once more.

Installation

1. Copy update zip to SD card.
    2. Flash baseband 70 using FlashTool.
    3. Flash one of the listed kernels.
    4. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
    5. Factory reset / wipe data. Optional but highly recommended.
    6. Flash zip package(s) (always flash main ROM first).
    7. Reboot.
    Doomed where are you dude? Craving to an update =)
    College, busy with orientation week. I'll try to update this weekend.
    Arconium MIUI 2.5.18 released.