Load a Rom - Help needed please

Search This thread

mike300

Jun 28, 2010
Having successfully rooted the phone, I did the following;
1. Copy your custom ROM "zip" file to your SD card (Root directory).
2. Turn off your phone.
3. Turn on your phone by holding the power button and the volume down button together.
4. Once you see the white screen, choose "Recovery"
5. Make a full wipe/format and clear all cache.
6. Choose "install from sdcard/zip file" and then choose your Custom ROM zip file from your SD card to flash your Custom ROM.
The following then comes up; Clockworkmod recovery V5.0.2.0
Installing/SDCard/RUU_Saga_H3G_UK_1.31.771.1_Radio_20.28b.30.0805U_38.03.02.14_M_release_178937_signed.zip
Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Installing update ...
Installation aborted.
Therefore, I cannot install this new Rom. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks,

tanjiajin

Oct 21, 2010
Singapore
RUUs have an exe file that you run on windows instead of flashing via recovery. Perhaps you can try extracting the zip file and see if it's in there. :)

But anyway, I think you should have posted this in the Q&A instead.

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Question in q&a

I would suggest that you try to download a custom ROM (see INDEX link in my signature).

not an ruu, as someone already said you should run an ruu from your PC

Look at the ROM link in my signature for a custom

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim

Last edited:

mike300

Jun 28, 2010
Load Rom - Help needed please

Apologies if I posted in the wrong place. I'll be careful.

I'm trying to use an RUU as it is a 3 Network Rom with "3" icons etc, which I want to load. I have been unable to find the guide showing me how to load this. My phone has been S off & rooted, so I'm ready to load the Rom, if I knew how.
Many thanks,

mike300

Jun 28, 2010
Does anyone know how to load the Rom Please

Because everyone has a completely different opinion about how good custom Roms are. For any Rom out there, it seems just as many people like them as don't.
I want to try the standard "3" Rom, if someone could kindly help and show me how. Thanks,

Because everyone has a completely different opinion about how good custom Roms are. For any Rom out there, it seems just as many people like them as don't.
I want to try the standard "3" Rom, if someone could kindly help and show me how. Thanks,

Every single person on this particular device forum will stand by his custom ROM. I do not know a SINGLE person who has tried a custom ROM and has gone back to a branded/stock ROM except for warranty purposes...

There may be one or two wildcard exceptions (can't vouch for all the nuts out there) but custom ROMs are waaaaay better than the stock when it comes to speed, battery as well as features.

Cheers.

mike300

Jun 28, 2010
Thanks for the advice, but can you help me to load the standard "3" Rom, just so as I can try it out. Thanks,

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Look in the index (link on my signature), and search for "STOCK ROM", there is a thread created by football that may contain it

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not the right forum to ask this question, post reported for relocation to Q&A.