4.4 for nexus 10 rolling out starting today?

Search This thread
Just got the update.

Me too. I hesitated for a second there, but then went on and just let it work the magic. So far nothing seems to have gotten worse in terms of performance. Only slight disadvantage is the phone UI styled settings menu.

Gotta test that 1440p clip from "TimeScapes" to see if that is still smooth. :)

Update: the 1440p clip in MX-Player struggles - badly! Don't know if thats resolved by a factory reset, but the performance in MX-Player did take a very noticeable hit. :(
I've now done a factory reset to see if it's of any help. Since I've not installed that many apps, I guess that's a pretty easy task.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nexus 10 OTA link I just pulled from logcat: android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_mantaray/279e5e2396480cbffd97943a5db5bbc743ef7e77.signed-mantaray-KRT16O-from-JWR66Y.279e5e23.zip
    Factory image is out and I'm doing it up.. I hate OS "updates".. I love clean fresh installs..

https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mantaray-krt16o-factory-85349288.tgz
    My experience
    1. Was 4.3 rooted stock with custom kernel and custom recovery + xposed framework
    2. Downloaded OTA to PC
    3. Downloaded factory 4.3 image to PC
    4. Extracted recovery.img, boot.img, system.img from factory image
    5. Flashed using fastboot command recovery, kernel, system
    6. Sideloaded OTA
    7. Flashed custom recovery
    8. Flashed root (supersu 1.69)

I have stock android 4.4 ROM with root and custom recovery

Отправленно от моего Nexus 10 с помощью Tapatalk 4

Nope.. Welcome to one of the worst handled Android rollouts ever.. Usually AOSP is pushed for all devices, then a few days or less later the images follow for all devices then the OTA will eventually trickle out. I've never seen AOSP pushed, then weeks later the OTA but only for two devices and they don't even have images yet.

Just mind boggling bad
    Did Android eventually boot for you? I tried installing via CWM, and I got an error saying: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed" message, and installation aborted. However, when rebooting, I'm now getting the four circle boot logo of 4.4. I've been stuck on it for a few minutes now. Why do I get the feeling I'm going to have to re-flash everything...
    Same error message with TWRP. Just replace TWRP with the stock recovery from 4.3 and sideload the OTA. Then you can replace the stock recovery with TWRP again and reroot.