[request] new ota is online

Search This thread

Molter

Dec 17, 2013
Chet:mad: I trying root using framaroot 1.9.3 (my firmware now is the last one), as you mentioned, after applying root and see success message. I made reboot and start again. It stuck on the Omate logo now for more than 20 minutes ..... !!!!!!!!!??? So bad ... I am wait until the battery empty or what ....

First This is not a support thread. If you have problems, please post them to this thread instead.

Second If the watch is stuck at the Omate logo, you should first try adb reboot with MTKDroidTools.

Then either wait for the battery die which may at worst mean that the battery dies permanently if the firmware does not work :(

Or pull the battery out and void your water warranty.

Reactions: tshoulihane
Mar 23, 2014
I've just posted a complaint to the UK trading standard agency. I will also be posting emails to the EU customer commission, the consumer rights watch dog if Omate do not address this OAU. Even if they can't do much, they can spread the word through press releases about the way Omate have treated some backers as second class, not to mention highlighting the false advertising.

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
I've just posted a complaint to the UK trading standard agency. I will also be posting emails to the EU customer commission, the consumer rights watch dog if Omate do not address this OAU. Even if they can't do much, they can spread the word through press releases about the way Omate have treated some backers as second class, not to mention highlighting the false advertising.

If you need more detailed info on most of the key issues let me know.

Mar 23, 2014

Thanks Loki. I don't know if any good will come of it. Omate as far as I am aware do not have any company offices based in the EU, making it hard for any action to be taken. It is more an act of principle. I'll share any info I get but I am not holding my breath.

One question about the OTA. When you built your custom rom, did you discover anything which would prevent the 2013/12/19 software from getting an OTA, or is this Omate just being stupid?

andylevn

May 2, 2014
Could anyone upload backup of this new firmware ( 20140527) ?
I bricked my TS .

Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2014
So despite Omate's facebook page saying the update was for everyone (see the comment section), Le Pen messaged me on his google plus to say that we should just wait as there was no intention of it being released to everyone at the same time and was more so a reward to people who have been waiting for so long.

Can't see the logic here really. You just make your older backers pissed off. Mind you, is anyone here really bothered anymore.

9100_it

Jan 29, 2006
savona
someone have a firmware?!
i have a omate EU 2100 1/8 with firmware 1900 inside because unbricked!

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London

Good luck having that applied to a company based in china ;p You should contact your credit card, if you paid on debit card then theres little you can do :)

tshoulihane

Jun 16, 2010
Redmi Note 12 5G
Good luck having that applied to a company based in china ;p You should contact your credit card, if you paid on debit card then theres little you can do :)

Agreed. Until there is a EU or US distributor, there is not much to do. Maybe Kickstarter have some liability for listing the project as based in New York, but from the start this was a dubious looking project and the risk was very high.

andylevn

May 2, 2014
Could anyone provide backup of this firmware:

Omate_TrueSmart_V2.0_20140527

I need it for I bricked my TS.

Many thanks.

Mar 13, 2014
My omate is dead

My omate is dead, I have no backup or recovery, need heeeeelp

Sent from my GT-I9502 using XDA Free mobile app

Hello I have the same problem How did you solve it?
Can you help me?

Attachments

• foto.jpg
    foto.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 187

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well...we all wanted secured and better firmware - now we have it..

Sideload and run the apps in the attached SecurityCheck.zip. That will tell you how secure the new firmware is.
    I used MTKtools to root my TS and install SuperSU after the OTA update and it worked like a charm.

Enviado desde mi GT-P3110 mediante Tapatalk
    I have updated firmwares for every unit.

I guess I'll post them up when I have time.

Wait longer, it took 20 minutes for me!

Sent from my HUAWEI P2-6011 using Tapatalk