[Q] GT-n7100 rom on SGH-i317

Search This thread

jayzimmerman

Jun 2, 2014
Ok so I currently have the Slim kat ROM on my Sgh-i317. I noticed when I installed it, it changed my phone's identity to a GT-N7100. So it made me curious, is there a way i could flash a ROM for a gtn7100 on my SGH? I really really like the jelly kat rom for this model, and if it is possible, the next question is if there exists a [insert proper technical term here] to support ATT LTE coverage?

Thanks,

Jay Zimmerman

Reactions: mareeno24

cnote74

Nov 26, 2010
oklahoma city
Ok so I currently have the Slim kat ROM on my Sgh-i317. I noticed when I installed it, it changed my phone's identity to a GT-N7100. So it made me curious, is there a way i could flash a ROM for a gtn7100 on my SGH? I really really like the jelly kat rom for this model, and if it is possible, the next question is if there exists a [insert proper technical term here] to support ATT LTE coverage?

Thanks,

Jay Zimmerman

Not easy at all as a true n7100 rom flashes but has no baseband or data. To fix it would require proper kernel, modem, bin, lib, etc and csc files from a n7105 or i317 rom.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gregsarg

jayzimmerman

Jun 2, 2014
Not easy at all as a true n7100 rom flashes but has no baseband or data. To fix it would require proper kernel, modem, bin, lib, etc and csc files from a n7105 or i317 rom.

I am somewhat new to this process, but say i downloaded the gtn7100 rom i wanted, and a similar rom for a i317. could i just copypasta the files mentioned above from the i317 rom into the gtn7100?

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Cnote got it...but yes...it'll work...
Check in the "everything" thread for the porting guide for N7100 roms...g

Edit:
Here ya go...
Standard disclaimers apply...
Go to page 1 of the thread...
Be careful...g

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2018411
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks,

Jay Zimmerman

Thanks,

Jay Zimmerman

I am somewhat new to this process, but say i downloaded the gtn7100 rom i wanted, and a similar rom for a i317. could i just copypasta the files mentioned above from the i317 rom into the gtn7100?

You can it will take some trial and effort to get it fully ported right.