[Q] Random reboots and lock ups (memory leak?)

Search This thread

heartspains88

Jun 4, 2010
Hey all,

I've had this issue with everything but the stock rom. After a certain amount of time the phone either locks up to where I have to pop the battery, or will graphic glitch on the screen for a second and then auto reboot. Happens maybe 2-4 times a day depending on the day.

I've done a full wipe and full factory reset. I've been modding phones for ages and this is the first time I've encountered this issue. Everything else seems to run completely fine.

I'm running resurrection rom, but it's done this on several other roms I've tried. However all roms are AOKP/AOSP based if that's relevant.

If there is anymore information I can offer please don't hesitate to ask. I searched the forums and couldn't seem to find anyone else really talking about this. It can be a giant headache so hopefully I can get it sorted.

Reactions: dtr145r

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
Hey all,

I've had this issue with everything but the stock rom. After a certain amount of time the phone either locks up to where I have to pop the battery, or will graphic glitch on the screen for a second and then auto reboot. Happens maybe 2-4 times a day depending on the day.

I've done a full wipe and full factory reset. I've been modding phones for ages and this is the first time I've encountered this issue. Everything else seems to run completely fine.

I'm running resurrection rom, but it's done this on several other roms I've tried. However all roms are AOKP/AOSP based if that's relevant.

If there is anymore information I can offer please don't hesitate to ask. I searched the forums and couldn't seem to find anyone else really talking about this. It can be a giant headache so hopefully I can get it sorted.

If this has just started recently in would say it is indeed apart of the cm base, and related to kernel issue. Since the kernel devs are using cm and their kernel base most ROMs kernels have the same base, which means in a round about way they may react the same way on your device. To me, you said graphic glitch, then reboot. I would bump up your voltage little by little and see if it stops, I also would change govs in the kernel.. I'm assuming it happens on any cm kernels you've tried? Yank555 has an awesome cm kernel I would highly recommend, or even imoseyon always has a solid stable cm kernel as well.

Reactions: heartspains88

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
How are you transferring the firmware? The heavy cable with the heavy plug? If so, it might have damaged your device's USB port and is causing intermittent disconnections which are corrupting the data as it is transferred. Try a lightweight cable and make sure it is firmly seated, then don't let it move during the transfer.

If this solves it then maybe look into replacement due to faulty design.

Frank

Reactions: heartspains88

heartspains88

Jun 4, 2010
It is happening on all roms, however the only custom roms I've tried are CM based. I'll take a look at these other kernels and see if that resolves. Thanks for the help and idea's so far guys.

dtr145r

Nov 11, 2010
Pennsylvania
I've been having the same issues. Hellish reboots though. 10+ a day... Keep me posted. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

Hey all,

If this has just started recently in would say it is indeed apart of the cm base, and related to kernel issue. Since the kernel devs are using cm and their kernel base most ROMs kernels have the same base, which means in a round about way they may react the same way on your device. To me, you said graphic glitch, then reboot. I would bump up your voltage little by little and see if it stops, I also would change govs in the kernel.. I'm assuming it happens on any cm kernels you've tried? Yank555 has an awesome cm kernel I would highly recommend, or even imoseyon always has a solid stable cm kernel as well.

How are you transferring the firmware? The heavy cable with the heavy plug? If so, it might have damaged your device's USB port and is causing intermittent disconnections which are corrupting the data as it is transferred. Try a lightweight cable and make sure it is firmly seated, then don't let it move during the transfer.

If this solves it then maybe look into replacement due to faulty design.

Frank