[REF] GALAXY S4 (I9500/I9505) GSM / NON-HLOS - MODEM'S Collection (Odin/CWM/TWRP)

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
WTH?? Could you delete it all, PLEASE...
Not funny at all....

-------------------------------------------------

OP updated, fast server added, you all are welcome ;)
enjoy

Who said anything was funny? I was being nice and making a mirror on my server.... There is nothing harmful to that people still know you are the original provider of these no one is stealing your work as in no harm done. Not sure why you freaked out like I was stealing your work and claiming it as my own. Sorry for trying to offer free expensive freaking bandwidth

Reactions: nilhem and mattjgay

D.O.C

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jun 24, 2006
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus
Correct, lets not get confused here.

The OP holds the rights to have "exclusive links" for any work he/she has done (like his root method). However, modems are not modified in any way, so anyone can upload and publish links for anyone to download.

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Who said anything was funny? I was being nice and making a mirror on my server.... There is nothing harmful to that people still know you are the original provider of these no one is stealing your work as in no harm done. Not sure why you freaked out like I was stealing your work and claiming it as my own. Sorry for trying to offer free expensive freaking bandwidth
Correct, lets not get confused here.

The OP holds the rights to have "exclusive links" for any work he/she has done (like his root method). However, modems are not modified in any way, so anyone can upload and publish links for anyone to download.
Well, you're right, I overreacted a bit, I'm sorry for that, I'm just really tired and my head is just spinning around since my I9505 arrived... ;) Sleepless nights...
I prefer to use my own servers because then I can easily control what goes where, especially if there are any issues, I can simply block the faulty version without running around and asking people to remove it...
Modems are different story, as you said, they are NOT modified so can go anywhere... CWM ones have my signature anyway... ;)
Thanks for intervention and I do apologize for this... ;)
I'll add your links to the main page if you still have them.. ;)

enjoy :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffnz and D.O.C

jimbo24

Jun 17, 2012
the cwm flashable zips arent working for me it gets stuck on flashing the zip :/ ive flashed other zip's and they have worked :(

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
the cwm flashable zips arent working for me it gets stuck on flashing the zip :/ ive flashed other zip's and they have worked :(
More info please... Model of your phone, which recovery have you used to flash??
The CWM packages hasn't been tested by me and that's why I need to know is there anything wrong, they have correct partition layout so no worries, I simply don't know how the NEW recoveries will handle them..

Last edited:

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Well, you're right, I overreacted a bit, I'm sorry for that, I'm just really tired and my head is just spinning around since my I9505 arrived... ;) Sleepless nights...
I prefer to use my own servers because then I can easily control what goes where, especially if there are any issues, I can simply block the faulty version without running around and asking people to remove it...
Modems are different story, as you said, they are NOT modified so can go anywhere... CWM ones have my signature anyway... ;)
Thanks for intervention and I do apologize for this... ;)
I'll add your links to the main page if you still have them.. ;)

enjoy :)

Yea even though it's just phones it can be as tiresome as a working job hahaha. It's about the same for doing computer repair. The links still should be there I though I deleted it but was having ftp issues this morning so I don't think it did. Your welcome to put it in the top post if you like. If it was say your own work like a ROM or recovery I would had asked first.

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Yea even though it's just phones it can be as tiresome as a working job hahaha. It's about the same for doing computer repair. The links still should be there I though I deleted it but was having ftp issues this morning so I don't think it did. Your welcome to put it in the top post if you like. If it was say your own work like a ROM or recovery I would had asked first.

Haha, I'm doing both jobs, computer repairs is my every day job, in the mean time I'm busy here with fixing the phones and helping others....
I'm very lucky because I work from home so more time to handle it but the day have only 24 hrs and sometimes it is NOT enough to me... especially if you have to develop something for new gadget and the usual way doesn't work.....
My wife thinks that I love gadgets more than her.... ;)
Anyway, thanks for your help. Appreciated.
I'll add your link to OP.
Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Please report any issues with CWM modems for I9505

Could anybody report what's happening with CWM modems for I9505????
They should work just fine, as I said, the partition mounting points are correct so there's NOTHING to worry about, maybe updater-script need to be corrected for the new TWRP or CWM.....
There was few downloads so please let me know if they work.. If not, more details about the issue..
I haven't tested them as I have enough of F.Resets and cleanups for now... ;)
Better is to use Odin Packages anyway as they allowing to keep Official System Status... :)
Thanks in advance ;)

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Could anybody report what's happening with CWM modems for I9505????
They should work just fine, as I said, the partition mounting points are correct so there's NOTHING to worry about, maybe updater-script need to be corrected for the new TWRP or CWM.....
There was few downloads so please let me know if they work.. If not, more details about the issue..
I haven't tested them as I have enough of F.Resets and cleanups for now... ;)
Better is to use Odin Packages anyway as they allowing to keep Official System Status... :)
Thanks in advance ;)

You need the flash image and also correct the updater-script. Extract the modem package I uploaded and use that as a base and modify for any required dev/block changes for I9505.

You might also need to check your other I9500 CWM uploads too

Edit: There is an duplicate in my updater-script (but does not affect anything). It may be deleted.

Code:
ui_print("Installing modem...");

Edit: I haven't actually tested the upload due to not having the CWM recovery installed as yet. Will do today though...... The package is near identical to that I use in my SGS3 Modem Collection Thread, so process "should" be similar ;)

OK, just tested, and my package flashes OK, testing your I9500 now >> flashes OK. Will take a look (obviously without flashing) at your I9505 CWM packages later

Last edited:
Reactions: DjeMBeY

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand

The polite thing to do would have been to ask first anyway, regardless of "original" work ;) Best thing would be to have the link on your signature, rather than "spamming" the thread :cool:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

jimbo24

Jun 17, 2012
More info please... Model of your phone, which recovery have you used to flash??
The CWM packages hasn't been tested by me and that's why I need to know is there anything wrong, they have correct partition layout so no worries, I simply don't know how the NEW recoveries will handle them..

i have the international i9505 running the ex#3 on cwm will try the new experimental, it hangs on flashing ill take a photo and show yah just tried the new ex#4 and still hanging :(

Attachments

• IMG_20130507_093050.jpg
    IMG_20130507_093050.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 1,415
  • 913818_10151655687350645_1301477891_o.jpg
    913818_10151655687350645_1301477891_o.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 1,444
Last edited:

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
The polite thing to do would have been to ask first anyway, regardless of "original" work ;) Best thing would be to have the link on your signature, rather than "spamming" the thread :cool:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

What do you mean links in signature?. Do you know how many links I'd have to put there? Lol a ton I have about 50gb of stuff

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
You need the flash image and also correct the updater-script. Extract the modem package I uploaded and use that as a base and modify for any required dev/block changes for I9505.

You might also need to check your other I9500 CWM uploads too

Edit: There is an duplicate in my updater-script (but does not affect anything). It may be deleted.

Code:
ui_print("Installing modem...");

Edit: I haven't actually tested the upload due to not having the CWM recovery installed as yet. Will do today though...... The package is near identical to that I use in my SGS3 Modem Collection Thread, so process "should" be similar ;)

OK, just tested, and my package flashes OK, testing your I9500 now >> flashes OK. Will take a look (obviously without flashing) at your I9505 CWM packages later
I'm sure that they are All OK. I was making my own CWM Modems for I9305 and never had any problems.
Updater-script is OK, it's little bit different than yours as my is writing raw image to the partition.
I haven't tested them for the same reason and I think that the CWM for I9505 is NOT READY YET....
I'll wait for any reports from TWRP users ;)
i have the international i9505 running the ex#3 on cwm will try the new experimental, it hangs on flashing ill take a photo and show yah just tried the new ex#4 and still hanging :(
Mate, you are using "ex#4" .....
CWM is still an EXPERIMENTAL!
Use TWRP and try again. It's more stable and should work though ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505

Last edited:

cabloomi

Feb 25, 2012
Iraq
i understand the word NO, but all this

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabloomi View Post
could you please mirror this for me
please. i really need it
on dev host
Your thread got locked because is against the rules... Did you forgot about it??
Quote:
Mod. Edit: sorry we can't ask directly to get mirrors.
The best you could do is to as a friend to do that for you.

Thanks for you understanding.

doesnt have the word NO in it, and you could have just said no and save us trouble, you didnt have to lie about the xda rules. you should learn them before posting, im done, bye

Top Liked Posts