[ROM][GT-P51XX][JB][4.1.2] Android Open Kang Project | ROMs and Kernels | Milestone 1

Search This thread

WilliamHicks

Feb 6, 2012
Hi,

My Tablet disconnects WiFi all 20 Minutes.
I use it for listening to Webradio via a app. So i start the app, hit play and put the Tablet in Standby.
Exactly after 20 Minutes it stops playing. After unlocking i see the notification "no internet connection" in statusbar. It automatically reconnects to Wifi then, and i can hear music for 20 Minutes again. I havent that syndrome with stock ROM. (Same App, same Accesspoint).

Any Ideas how to fix that?

regards!

PS: Everything is working fine when power adapter is connected.

Go to settings, then wifi, then expand the menu, choose advanced, and change "keep WiFi on during sleep" to "always".

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: blahquader

Vreestyle

Oct 26, 2011
A-Town
www.resurrectionremix.com
Great ROM! works flawless!!

Got one issue though which still exists from previous version,
When turning the device on, The Boot LOGO, (not animation) says: espresso10.jpg draw failed

Ive searched a lot of threads... Still can't fix this
Once did this with my S2, replaced the boot logo, had the same, but that was part of the tutorial...
Here's that vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1gfr8vu4PM

Found one thread, but imo thats still not solved..

So if anyone can tell me how to fix this issue I'll be really gratefull!!

Thanks in advance!!:good: :D

MaxFTW

May 16, 2012
Łódź
I have P5100. Stuck on Galaxy Tab logo. ROM simply doesn't boot. I have wiped everything, flashed kernel and then ROM.

Help please!

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
Tried the rom official 2 in 5100 and work good, except some options in rom control not work as nav bar icons change

So returned to cm10 till the rom become more mature

Sent from Galaxy S2 or Galaxy Tab2

cmenard

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Atlanta
Kernel links have been updated. Forgot a very important piece to make them work properly on CM10 based ROMs.

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
Nice !

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348435263788.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348435263788.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 681

blahquader

Aug 11, 2012
Keep an eye out... Official Build 3 should hit sometime tonight!! Keep checking the Official Build link in the OP.

successfully updated from build 2 to 3 via CWM on 5110.
Cant find any bugs so far.

THX!

but if there is a bored developer - weather in Lookscreen still shows F instead of Celsius :cowboy:

Last edited:

WilliamHicks

Feb 6, 2012
I like this ROM. I have been back and forth between this and cm10. This one wins because it has the option to turn off the Nav bar.

I have one question, though. Why did you not build the ROM with the latest kernel from the site? I flashed it myself, and it feels much smoother. Thanks.

kettont

Jan 14, 2012
Why I always got stuck at the Samsung logo when I flashed aokp rom. Have tried everything but still stuck :(
I only can flash cm9 or cm10
Please help me out...everything will be appreciated!
My tablet modem is p-5113
Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Last edited:

cmenard

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Atlanta
I like this ROM. I have been back and forth between this and cm10. This one wins because it has the option to turn off the Nav bar.

I have one question, though. Why did you not build the ROM with the latest kernel from the site? I flashed it myself, and it feels much smoother. Thanks.

It didn't have the last kernel because I was out of town all weekend and didn't get it submitted for the official build. It should be in the next one though.

WilliamHicks

Feb 6, 2012
OK cool, I was just curious :)

Thanks for the awesome ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site

installation-1.png

Flash Rom in CWM or TWRP
    Wipe data/factory reset if you are coming from another ROM
    Flash the zip
    Wipe cache/dalvik cache
    Then flash GApps.
    Reboot

downloads-4.png

Download My Semi-Nightly Builds:
    androtransfer.com/?developer=cmenard

Download Official Milestone 1
    androtransfer.com/?developer=AOKP

GApps: http://goo.im/gapps

What works:
    Samsung Keyboard Dock
    Almost Everything

What doesn't work:
    IR Blaster?? A WIP
    You tell me...

Kernels

The same custom kernel used in AOKP ROMs now available to use in all AOSP based ROMs. (AOKP, CM10, ParanoidAndroid) Will not work with stock Touchwiz based ROMs!!

These use the anykernel flash method so it creates a new boot.img on the fly. It will not interfere with any customizations that may be in your current boot.img's ramdisk.

Download Kernel
    androtransfer.com/?developer=cmenard&folder=Kernels

source-2.png

AOKP's Source can be found here: Github

=======================================================================================

Thanks to:
    AOKP Team
    codeworkx and Teamhacksung for the initial CM10 work
    Please do not copy and paste this post anywhere else. Always point the post to this thread since it will always have the most recently updated version. Thank you and enjoy the Jelly Bean infused Unicorns!

=======================================================================================
    9/30/2012

Among the many updates and fixes in Build-4 we have a new kernel. Keeping the trend alive we have yet another first for our Tablets. Voltage Control!! You can use Performance Settings in ROM Control to set voltages, SetCPU and a few other apps available on the market work as well. NOTE don't set any voltages at boot until you are once again 1000% sure your device is stable. It's pretty safe to UV 1GHz and below, just use small 25mv steps to begin with. 1.2GHz is close on most devices, speeds above that I wouldn't mess with too much. Remember all devices are different, so there aren't any magic voltages that will make you want to throw away your charger. Use common sense and have fun tinkering.

New kernel AOKP_p51xx_1-52GHz_v2-2.zip posted.

9/21/2012

I've built and uploaded a new kernel that includes a few more OC options. Configured now are 1.2GHz, 1.35GHz, 1.42GHz, 1.48GHz, and 1.52GHz. There have been a few other tweaks made that all add up to FAST. Remember your device may not be able to handle the same speeds as someone else's. Don't cry or feel bad, it's just the hardware luck of the draw. Just like people, there are some freaks out there. The new kernels have 1-52GHz in the file name. Now go forth and flash!!

9/17/2012
    New Another overclock option!

New Semi-Nightly Sept. 16/17 builds now include a 1.42GHz step. Kernel still safe boots to 1.2GHz and you can use built-in Performance settings or SetCPU to OC. I wouldn't recommend using "set at boot" until you're 1000% sure your device is stable at 1.42GHz.

Working Samsung keyboard dock

While not all the special keys work it's a start ;)

On the fly GPU Overclocking

Another first for our tabs! Based on imoseyon's Tuna kernel work. To change speeds simply edit /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc. Values are as follows: 0 = 307MHz 1 = 384MHz 2 = 512MHZ

On top of the built in 1.2GHz overclock my tab runs really well at 512MHz. Be mindful the higher GPU freqs will cause an increase in heat production. The values will revert back to 0 (307MHz) on boot. So if you find your tab locked up or acting odd at a higher clock speed just reboot it. On the other side of that you'll need to change the value every time you boot the tablet.
    Some nenamark2 scores to illustrate the GPU overclock....

Value 0 = 307MHz

Screenshot_2012-09-13-21-19-56.png

Value 1 = 384MHz

Screenshot_2012-09-13-21-21-05.png

Value 2 = 512MHz

Screenshot_2012-09-13-21-22-18.png
    Thanks everyone for following my AOKP thread. Its now time to pass it on..

Enjoy!
    APK to switch GPU frequency

Using this great rom with GPU@512 Mhz and CPU@1.2Ghz : rock stable, no freeze, no crash.

As explain in post #2, it’s easy to change GPU frequency.

I’m proud to share with you my little contribution. Two apk to swith GPU frequency easily. I used tasker with secure settings plugin and app factory plugin to export these two scripts.

These are simples scripts which write 0 or 2 in the good file in system.

APK : AOKP.TAB2.GPU.OC.512 : Switch GPU frequency to 512 Mhz
    echo “2” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc

APK : AOKP.TAB2.GPU.OC.MIN : Switch GPU frequency to min @ 307 Mhz
    echo “0” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc

EDIT : these are older versions. Go to this thread here to get last version with GUI.

Theses APK need root and secure settings plugin (from google play).
    Write in system need root.

If I helped, then press my thanks button :)
    Use these only with this rom : AOKP JB milestone 1 for galaxy tab 2
    Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible of any damage on your device.

Screenshot of apk 512 :

click to enlarge

Downloads :
    Does anyone know why Build 2 wasn't released for the p5113?

I think they just stopped the build before it ran or was completed. My "semi-nightly" is essentially Build-2 with an updated kernel and keyboard dock support...