Thanks Meter: 1,260

By TeamBlackOut, Member on 18th May 2013, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th January 2017, 06:09 PM |#20541  
Thanks Meter: 786

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El7

I concur this worked for me now, too. I know Batman here advised not to do that (delete stock apps) and his reasoning is legit & sound. But I took the risk anyway &, fortunately, it worked for me and now I have black Google Keep.

I first backed up the app in TiBU, then from within TiBU I wiped the app & cleared its cache then Uninstalled it. Then TWRP, flashed, wiped cache/dalvik, rebooted, profit.

Preferably I would want to be obedient & follow what I'm told not to do, so I'll try to avoid deleting system apps.

Next, now to try & delete Play Store & see if i can finally get it blacked out....lol

Oh boy....it worked. Once again, my steps, which I do *not* recommend uninstalling system apps at all, were (for apps like Google system apps such as Keep, Play Store, etc):

1) Uninstalled Updates
2) Ensured that no duplicates or updates folders for the specific app-in-question is present in Data/App folder
3) Opened Titanium Backup & searched for app-in-question
4) Backed-up said app within TiBU (this should be the app version prior to updates installed)
5) Then Wiped Data of said app from within TiBU
6) Then Cleared Cache of said app from within TiBU
7) THEN UNINSTALLED said app within TiBU
8) Rebooted into TWRP
9) Flashed Blacked out app
10) Wiped Cache/Dalvik
11) Rebooted
12) Profit!
13) Detached app from "Market" from within TiBU as I did for, an example, my Play Store just now...
14) Smile & say Thank You in any meaningful way on here.

You can't skip one single step. Especially #14.

15) If your finances allow, donate - (I did).

http://teamblackedout.com/?page_id=1736
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1485280590483.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	4015525   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1485280602659.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	4015527  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kal-El7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kal-El7 Ad-Free

24th January 2017, 06:45 PM |#20542  
Flag somewhere in the mountains of north carolina
Thanks Meter: 288

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El7

Oh boy....it worked. Once again, my steps, which I do *not* recommend uninstalling system apps at all, were (for apps like Google system apps such as Keep, Play Store, etc):

1) Uninstalled Updates
2) Ensured that no duplicates or updates folders for the specific app-in-question is present in Data/App folder
3) Opened Titanium Backup & searched for app-in-question
4) Backed-up said app within TiBU (this should be the app version prior to updates installed)
5) Then Wiped Data of said app from within TiBU
6) Then Cleared Cache of said app from within TiBU
7) THEN UNINSTALLED said app within TiBU
8) Rebooted into TWRP
9) Flashed Blacked out app
10) Wiped Cache/Dalvik
11) Rebooted
12) Profit!
13) Detached app from "Market" from within TiBU as I did for, an example, my Play Store just now...
14) Smile & say Thank You in any meaningful way on here.

You can't skip one single step. Especially #14.

15) If your finances allow, donate - (I did).

http://teamblackedout.com/?page_id=1736

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but detatching an app from the Market in TiBu does not survive a reboot.

I mostly ever use that function when I update a whole bunch of apps in Play Store by first detatching TBO apps (youtube, gmail, google, calendar, duo, literally all of them) so I can hit "Update All" instead of having to update each individually or initiate the Update All and then quickly cancel all the TBO ones.
24th January 2017, 08:08 PM |#20543  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borxnx

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but detatching an app from the Market in TiBu does not survive a reboot.

I mostly ever use that function when I update a whole bunch of apps in Play Store by first detatching TBO apps (youtube, gmail, google, calendar, duo, literally all of them) so I can hit "Update All" instead of having to update each individually or initiate the Update All and then quickly cancel all the TBO ones.

I have great news for you - You aren't the bearer of bad news. Been using TiBU since Samsung's first Galaxy phone over 6 years ago. =)

How do I handle reboots? Prior to me manually rebooting my phone, I first put my phone on airplane mode....lol - profit.

Then I re-DEtach the Play Store. The Play Store is the only app I need to do the airplane mode method when I need to reboot. As for all the other apps, no matter if they're system apps or not, I simply disable Play Store's automatic update so that I can do exactly what you do - detach apps I wish not to be updated, then return back to Play Store and hit that Update All button. =) Love it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Off topic, reply in private inbox as to not hijack this thread - but is paying for Tapatalk's Lifetime ad-free fee worth it? I just accidentally updated from my favorite version 4.9.4 to the most recent, but I read that the Ads still persist even after you've paid & costumers have been irate. Plus, Dark mode is removed.

Thinking of going back to 4.9.4, though I like this version.

Is there also a way for me to have my Chromebook alert me in real time all of my XDA subscriptions when folks have replied? Maybe an extension or some other way?

Remember, private inbox to keep this clean. =)

Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kal-El7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kal-El7 Ad-Free
25th January 2017, 04:17 AM |#20544  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 44,592

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjad8086

Uninstalled the stock google app. After that your main app,team black is working(previously it was showing unfortunately closed).Flashed the YouTube zip..Its working fine(liked it :).Now I have some doubts. Please answer these...

1.How to sign the modes apk(after de/re compiling..)with out any issue. I tried to mod watsapp, fb and some other little apps.The little ones are working ,but watsapp shows some message like"your app have some problem.install the latest version from playstore" also fb is force closing.So how to sign perfectly..

2.If I make flashable zip after modding the apk,can I install it with out sign..

3.How to convert the apk file after decompiling to flashable zip.

Expecting a reply....THANKS IN ADVANCE...

Here's a reply

Saying "Expecting a reply" was not a good idea so now you can go Google search it now or come back with Better manners.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
25th January 2017, 04:19 AM |#20545  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Now to post what I came here for.......

Go get the love
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20170124-220335.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	4016027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170124-220343.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	4016028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170124-220353.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	4016029  
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
25th January 2017, 04:21 AM |#20546  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Here's a reply

Saying "Expecting a reply" was not a good idea so now you can go Google search it now or come back with Better manners.

Sending u bro-hugs from here, dawg. Lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Kal-El7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kal-El7 Ad-Free
25th January 2017, 04:27 AM |#20547  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Now to post what I came here for.......

Go get the love

I saw those pop up on my notification shade. Wifey wanted me to give our toddler son, Kal-El (yes, that's his real name), a bath - told her my phone just alerted me to do some very important things. lol

Yeah...she's showering with little Kal-El right now. lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1485318312967.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	4016034  
The Following User Says Thank You to Kal-El7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kal-El7 Ad-Free
25th January 2017, 04:36 AM |#20548  
Flag Hell ( I've taken over and accepting reservations )
Thanks Meter: 7,688

Donate to Me
More
No one can say that Dropbox is out of date for at least a month.

Cowboy from Hell on a twisted trail.
Koffed From my Big Ass Outlaw Phone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1485318888441.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	4016047  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bubba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bubba Ad-Free
25th January 2017, 04:55 AM |#20549  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba

You beat me to it. I was gonna ask DJ what were the lottery numbers in a month from now. =)
25th January 2017, 04:57 AM |#20550  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba

Doh

Slaps Alfred on the back of the head...dude you made me look bad. Lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
25th January 2017, 08:00 AM |#20551  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Bug translate apk in Lollipop.

Thanks.

Enviado desde mi ZP951 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to danyldft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danyldft Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)