Xperia Z2 and towelroot?

Search This thread

Scarpall

Nov 27, 2012
Hello

already googled and searched here but found nothing helpfull..

my phone =
Xperia Z2
android 4.4.2
kernel: 3.4.0-perf-gb772cca BuildUser@BuildHost #1 Mon Apr 28 09:33:59 2014
build: 17.1.1.A.0.402

will i be able to root with towelroot too?
cause kernel build is before 3.June.

if not tested what can happen to my phone if it dont works?

derLoki

Jun 13, 2014
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784900

This is a kind of one click to root experience, which uses towelroot, but patches it for the Z2 before.

Follow the instructions, and everything should be fine. I had to do it twice, as my first attempt didn't work, though.

I just rooted mine today that way :D

I didn't lose any data with this method.

Last edited:

mcall_r

Mar 13, 2008
Glasgow
OPPO Find X5 Pro

cronugs

Apr 1, 2014
Göteborg
I know its a couple of extra steps but I would really recommend DooMLoRD's method over towelroot.

I went through the process last night, and made a small write up (mostly for myself as a reference later) for anyone that's interested.

EDIT: The reason I prefer this method is that you get your TA partition and DRM keys backed up as well as a custom recovery for fun later.

LINK

Last edited:

derLoki

Jun 13, 2014
I know its a couple of extra steps but I would really recommend DooMLoRD's method over towelroot.

I went through the process last night, and made a small write up (mostly for myself as a reference later) for anyone that's interested.

LINK

But isn't DoomLords method for older versions? Not for .402

Also, can I go from my now rooted device to the version of Doomlord, so if I need to reverse everything get it back
to the device that has warranty?

Last edited:

cronugs

Apr 1, 2014
Göteborg
But isn't DoomLords method for older versions? Not for .402

Also, can I go from my now rooted device to the version of Doomlord, so if I need to reverse everything get it back
to the device that has warranty?

It's the link I posted. You do a quick downgrade (easy) then root and backup TA so you can restore for warranty. then update to 402, install custom recovery, flash doomlords adv stock kernel, and superSu and you are done.

Netbloom

Dec 12, 2010
No need to downgrade.

Just root with towelroot + easy root tool and after that backup your TA with Bachup-TA.

Than flash SuperSU and Dual Recovery.

derLoki

Jun 13, 2014
The only thing I have to say about this root:

The display won't turn itself off automatically anymore, after the 30 seconds inactivity....

I have to turn it off manually.

Anyone else?

............ <-- I work with computers...........

Restarting solved the problem :silly:

Edit:

Well, after restarting it works a few minutes. But then it stays on again ....

Last edited:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek

EDIT: The reason I prefer this method is that you get your TA partition and DRM keys backed up as well as a custom recovery for fun later.

LINK

Really can't agree with this.
A lot of users, including me, can't use generic or other region fw because of baseband problems.
For example - I can't use 4g on any other 402 except my region fw.

Also, backup TA and installing recovery is something very trivial and easy that I won't even comment that part.

The only thing I have to say about this root:

The display won't turn itself off automatically anymore, after the 30 seconds inactivity....

I have to turn it off manually.

Anyone else?

............ <-- I work with computers...........

Restarting solved the problem :silly:

Edit:

Well, after restarting it works a few minutes. But then it stays on again ....

Maybe you have smart backlight control enabled?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk