Tab 7.7 official upgrade to ICS?

Search This thread

Richdog

Jul 31, 2009
It will be released next week. Samsung told me, but its a secret so don't tell anyone.

vincentbosch

Sep 9, 2011
I work at Samsung, and we are planning to release it at 3 march, because of the launch of the iPad 3. Than there is another reason to buy an iPad :p. In the meantime; remove the scheduele widget, since I removed it, its as fast as a racing car. Seriously, remove that widget and you are good to go!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P6810 met Tapatalk

Reactions: mervlee and baduus

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
expect android 5.0 jellymuffin, the following week, we here at samsung have just been pushing to stay ahead of the the competition.

inside tip: hold your finger over the proximity sensor and reboot 9 times in a row to enter magical unicorn mode!

GadgetMe

Feb 18, 2012
laggy

remove the scheduele widget, since I removed it, its as fast as a racing car. Seriously, remove that widget and you are good to go!

Do you mean remove from start screen? Or uninstall it? I love this tablet but the laggyness and constant over-use off ram is killing

lexx007

Feb 7, 2012
The official samsung info on the new android version 4.0 is that it is due for release on the Sg2 tab 10.1 and tab 8.9 and tab plus and tab 7.7 in Q2.
Knowing them it will mean towards the end of Q2 so my best guess would be June from past experience.
I must say im hoping for april myslef but the odds are not good.

fobas001

Nov 14, 2008
The official samsung info on the new android version 4.0 is that it is due for release on the Sg2 tab 10.1 and tab 8.9 and tab plus and tab 7.7 in Q2.
Knowing them it will mean towards the end of Q2 so my best guess would be June from past experience.
I must say im hoping for april myslef but the odds are not good.

Galaxy s2 now have a decent version of ics from samsung, I think one month and we will have it on 7.7

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

FarmBoi

Nov 27, 2011
Brisbane

baduus

Feb 17, 2012
...In the meantime; remove the scheduele widget, since I removed it, its as fast as a racing car. Seriously, remove that widget and you are good to go!

This actually helped a little bit, thanks - the stock launcher is now tolerable to use, but no where near as smooth as on my Galaxy S2. I won't be really satisfied until it is.

Last edited:

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
This actually helped a little bit, thanks - the stock launcher is now tolerable to use, but no where near as smooth as on my Galaxy S2. I won't be really satisfied until it is.

Like the other guy asked... You mead just delete (remove) the widget from the home screen?? Not uninstall the app?? right??

And when you'se say 'scheduele' you mean the calendar??

thanks....

baduus

Feb 17, 2012
Like the other guy asked... You mead just delete (remove) the widget from the home screen?? Not uninstall the app?? right??

And when you'se say 'scheduele' you mean the calendar??

thanks....

Yeah, I assumed he meant the calendar and just removed the widget from the home screen.

It seems to have helped with smoothness.

kakahuynh

Feb 23, 2012
Looking forward to an official ICS or better cooked rom because the stock 3.2 laggy to me when I enter from a home screen to apps list or rolling between apps list the screen. The rest is good to me...

Ciddy

Nov 15, 2008
I'm looking at getting a Galaxy Tab 7.7, as I'm quite bummed out by the Transformer Prime and the GT 7.7 is much more portable. I was shocked at the Prime's lagginess when I got it, it was still running HC 3.2.
Then the update to ICS came.
I have in the whole 25 years I'm into computers not ONCE seen such a dramatic increase in performance as with the switch from HC to ICS. ICS is not flawless however, probably one of the reasons it takes the manuifacturers forever to port it. And the Prime has it's issues, Asus is testing out like the fifth beta update now and nothing seems to resolve reboot or battery drain or screen flicker issues on some devices.
Hope ICS for the GT 7.7 will be out soon to make my decision.

Adrien7742

Jan 29, 2012
I dont have any lag or smooth issues with HC, just need to replace TW with a launcher like GO launcher or ADW launcher EX and it works much better.

Reactions: krowwf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Couldn't throw a question mark at the end of that title, huh?
    good news guys, Samsung will release ICS for their tab next month..

The list of tablets to get ICS as below:

GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI
    GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G
    GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI
    GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G
    GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI
    GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G
    GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI
    GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G

tablet-news.com/2012/06/19/samsung-galaxy-tab-series-getting-android-4-0-update-next-month/
    I work at Samsung, and we are planning to release it at 3 march, because of the launch of the iPad 3. Than there is another reason to buy an iPad :p. In the meantime; remove the scheduele widget, since I removed it, its as fast as a racing car. Seriously, remove that widget and you are good to go!

Google translate for the above fbHK link:

Chinese (Simplified) - English
    "Xiaobian know we all care about the Tablet generous Upgrade timetable, also have been trying to fight for everyone Oh! Just received a message GALAXY Tab 7.7 will be the Department in July can Upgrade to Android 4.0! Rest assured! Xiaobian As for the other models will continue to fight for the schedule, then there is further information in conjunction with the tell :)"

Can anybody clean this up any?

-----------------
    The indefinite microcosm becomes the indefinite macrocosm in a definite manner and by definite means...and vice versa.

The google translate version is quite close. My attempt below:

小編知道大家都對Tablet嘅Upgrade時間表好關心,亦都一直在努力為大家爭取喔! 剛剛收到消息GALAXY Tab 7.7將會係7月可以Upgrade去Android 4.0啦! 大家放心!至於其他型號小編都會繼續爭取時間表,再有進一步消息會同大家講的呢 :)

Xiaobian understands that everybody is very concerned about the timetable for the tablet's upgrade, and has been working hard on everybody's behalf to get the information. Just received news that the Galaxy Tab 7.7 will receive its upgrade to Android 4.0 in July. Everybody can rest assured! As for the other models, Xiaobian will continue to work hard to find out about their upgrade time table, and will let everyone know as soon as there is news.