[ROM] Abduction ICS (V1.81 -Update 3/12/2012)

Wich launcher do you think should be included?

• Apex Launcher

Votes: 73 32.2%
  • Nova Launcher

Votes: 57 25.1%
  • Stock Launcher

Votes: 40 17.6%
  • All of them

Votes: 57 25.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
My SGIII comes today. I still love my Dinc and I thought that with Abduction I found a DD I could keep using the Inc for another year or more, but Verizon changed my plans. I feel like I got cheated a bit too, weird I know, because I was looking forward to seeing how far the Inc could be pushed by Hanger and the CM9 folks. I'm keeping my Inc though I'm not sure what I will do with it - not getting a data plan for my daughter that's for sure! - but I will keep trying the new version of the ROM. So ill be lurking here.

Huge huge thanks Hanger. Great work.

Sent from my Incredible using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
I posted this in the thread for The 4th Kind, so I'm going to post it here as well...

I have good news and bad news about Abduction and 4th Kind... The good news is that I haven't abandoned them, and it's likely I'll be focusing more on then soon. The bad news is, it might be a week or two before I update them.

My new project is my primary focus. I'm putting a lot of time and energy into it to make it the best is can possibly be. Those that know what it is, know this.

Once my new project is released, and it gets off the ground, I'll be switching back to working on my ROMs. I may even be switching back to my Incredible as my primary phone once I sell my Rezound, as I want to either get a Galaxy Nexus or a Nexus 7 instead, but that will depend on how much I get out of my Rezound and any donations I receive, and if I have any extra money from working after bills and such.

As for what I'm working on, it really has nothing to do with ROMs or a specific phone, it is Android related in many ways though. It's something the android community has never had before. It's something that I hope will change the android community forever....in a good way. This weekend, even if I don't launch it then, I will at least give full details on it.

Reactions: cdrury88

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
I posted this in the thread for The 4th Kind, so I'm going to post it here as well...

I have good news and bad news about Abduction and 4th Kind... The good news is that I haven't abandoned them, and it's likely I'll be focusing more on then soon. The bad news is, it might be a week or two before I update them.

My new project is my primary focus. I'm putting a lot of time and energy into it to make it the best is can possibly be. Those that know what it is, know this.

Once my new project is released, and it gets off the ground, I'll be switching back to working on my ROMs. I may even be switching back to my Incredible as my primary phone once I sell my Rezound, as I want to either get a Galaxy Nexus or a Nexus 7 instead, but that will depend on how much I get out of my Rezound and any donations I receive, and if I have any extra money from working after bills and such.

As for what I'm working on, it really has nothing to do with ROMs or a specific phone, it is Android related in many ways though. It's something the android community has never had before. It's something that I hope will change the android community forever....in a good way. This weekend, even if I don't launch it then, I will at least give full details on it.
Damn.. must be something great. Pretty passionate about this.
Looking forward to it man.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cdrury88

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009
Closed the thread. If you wish for it to be re-opened at any time feel free to PM me and I can do so.

Thanks

AvRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ladies and gentlemen!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

Abduction: The 4th Kind is live and in the wild!

http://androidrevolutions.com/topic/324-rom-abduction-the-4th-kind-v10-6302012/

Until next week, that is the only place you will be able to find it!

And for those that complain about it being posted on another site, here's how I'm going to release it:

Release Schedule:
    AndroidRevolutions.com - 6/30
    DragonDevs.com - 7/7
    XDA - 7/7 (7/14)

I'll be posting the ROM on XDA next Saturday depending on how many people start giving me crap for not posting it here first/sooner or whatever. Neo has been a good friend to me, and everyone at Android Revolutions has been great to me and helped encourage me as well as help me out with this ROM.
    Working on 1.86 today....skipped 1.85 since I rebased to the newest AOKP build. No audio enhancements will be included this time other than DSP. I'm going to be including PureMotives battery tweaks, the camera tweaks, and the GPS tweak.

It's just about ready for release other than a few graphics things that need to be done. If anyone is good with Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or Gimp, let me know, got a couple things that need a little work for the ROM.

I'm adding in some other tweaks and things to the ROM as well. Keep and eye out for the new test build soon. Also going to be releasing another ROM this week that's a port, if anyone wants to check it out as well.
    So, I have some AWESOME news....at least I think it is! Since I can't stop making more work for myself, here's a slight preview at something to come that's related to Abduction ICS: The 4th kind!

Also, me and Hakarune have been working on the boot animation tonight to get it perfected and my chin is still on the floor at how awesome this boot animation is turning out! I should have a test build ready in a few hours that I'll post here and on my site, as well as Android Revolutions! Also, keep in mind this will be a slightly rough test build, but mostly a small preview of the changes made to the rom.

*EDIT* Well, after pulling an all nighter, the new test build is just moments away from being ready. I'm going to do one more final, personal test and if nothing immediate sticks out, I'll be uploading it and posting the links here and on my blog......then probably get some sleep lol

Also, this final personal test will let me know what version to set it as.....since it's highly likely that this will FINALLY be a new 2.0+ build....now that AOKP supports it in part....well see how the kernel meshes with it.

*EDIT 2* SON OF A NUTCRACKER! I broke WiFi.....might take a bit to get it working again :(

*EDIT 3* Well, WiFi works now, making a couple build.prop tweaks, then uploading the new build.....HWA is partial, Chrome works, but Youtube is still broke. On a big plus though, the ROM is the fastest it's ever been....or at least is seems that way to me. I'll work on getting youtube working again after I get some sleep.

*EDIT 4* New test build is up! Here's the links:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...ction-ICS/Test-Roms/Abduction-ICS_V1.88a4.zip
    http://goo.im/devs/Hanger84/Incredible/Abduction-ICS/Test-Roms/Abduction-ICS_V1.88a4.zip

Enjoy! I know there's a little graphics bug on the lock screen.....nothing major and nothing that will mess with being able to unlock the phone or change the lock screen options....I'll be working on it later today after I get some sleep.

Forgot to mention, I added in PureMotives battery tweaks. To enable them, go into ROM Control, check Enable start-up tweaks, and Enable sysctl. Later today when I work on the rom some more, I'm going to try to enable this by default.