[Q] NuSenseOne ROM install not working.

Search This thread

DavidHawk62

Feb 9, 2014
I tried to install the ROM from this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2631840
I'm running a ROM based off stock 4.3 for the Verizon HTC One, version 2.10.605.1 of the ROM on this page: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2485319
My my baseband is 1.12.41.1112_2.
I'm using Clockworkmod Recovery version 6.0.4.7, I wiped the Dalvik, data, system, and cache then tried to install the zip I had on the phone twice and both times I got this error:

format () expects 5 args, got 4

E:Error in /data/media/0/NuSenseONE-KitKat-m7vzw-s55-stock_RC1.0_020614.zip.

(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I also tried using adb sideload and got this:

* failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' *

I used adb sideload for the ROM I'm currently on and my device is recognized when I use adb devices to check. The sideload gets to 100% then gives that message.

I was hoping to post straight to that first thread but since I'm a new member I was hoping somebody could help out? I already searched the thread for the ROM I'm installing and didn't find anything that helps me. Thanks!

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
I tried to install the ROM from this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2631840
I'm running a ROM based off stock 4.3 for the Verizon HTC One, version 2.10.605.1 of the ROM on this page: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2485319
My my baseband is 1.12.41.1112_2.
I'm using Clockworkmod Recovery version 6.0.4.7, I wiped the Dalvik, data, system, and cache then tried to install the zip I had on the phone twice and both times I got this error:

format () expects 5 args, got 4

E:Error in /data/media/0/NuSenseONE-KitKat-m7vzw-s55-stock_RC1.0_020614.zip.

(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I also tried using adb sideload and got this:

* failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' *

I used adb sideload for the ROM I'm currently on and my device is recognized when I use adb devices to check. The sideload gets to 100% then gives that message.

I was hoping to post straight to that first thread but since I'm a new member I was hoping somebody could help out? I already searched the thread for the ROM I'm installing and didn't find anything that helps me. Thanks!

Could be wrong...but, it could be a bad download.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
As brholt6 mentioned, it sounds like a bad download. Redownload it and check the md5 before flashing again. If it still fails you should try what DavidHawk62 suggested and try TWRP. I've been using TWRP to flash since I got my One and have had zero problems. I'm currently on NuSense.

DavidHawk62

Feb 9, 2014
Could be wrong...but, it could be a bad download.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I redownloaded straight to my phone and tried it, redownloaded to my computer and tried adb again, but I still get the same error.
May just do what cmlusco and Crawshayi suggested and try TWRP.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Its not a bad download. Status 7 refers to an invalid argument in the zips update-script. It tells you the error is "format () expects 5 args, got 4". This means that in the update-script of the zip, it is calling to format a partition but was not given all the arguments needed to do so. It has to do with being on a newer recovery. You are probably going to find a lot of zips will fail with this error, while on your current recovery. The same issue happened when twrp was released. As i said flash twrp recovery and flash the zip thru it. Or try this one on your current recovery, where i modified it to have the correct arguments. DELETED

Last edited:

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Its not a bad download. Status 7 refers to an invalid argument in the zips update-script. It tells you the error is "format () expects 5 args, got 4". This means that in the update-script of the zip, it is calling to format a partition but was not given all the arguments needed to do so. It has to do with being on a newer recovery that the zip has not been updated for yet. You are probably going to find a lot of zips will fail with this error, as they have not been updated either. The same issue happened when twrp was released. As i said flash twrp recovery and flash the zip thru it. Or try this one on your current recovery, where i modified it to have the correct arguments. []

Sorry, but I'm gonna ask you to remove that link.
Thanks
If there are issues with my zips please post in my thread.
You need the latest recovery for KitKat.
The ROM installs fine as is.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Reactions: cmlusco

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
This is an issue related to using the latest cwm. 6.0.4.5 works perfectly.

stewie3128

Dec 5, 2013
Still have the issue

Thanks

I've been trying to update from Beta 1.04 to RC-1.0 on my m7vzw on CWM 6.0.4.7 and I'm getting this error as well. What am I doing wrong?

Love the ROM - it's my daily driver right now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its not a bad download. Status 7 refers to an invalid argument in the zips update-script. It tells you the error is "format () expects 5 args, got 4". This means that in the update-script of the zip, it is calling to format a partition but was not given all the arguments needed to do so. It has to do with being on a newer recovery that the zip has not been updated for yet. You are probably going to find a lot of zips will fail with this error, as they have not been updated either. The same issue happened when twrp was released. As i said flash twrp recovery and flash the zip thru it. Or try this one on your current recovery, where i modified it to have the correct arguments. []

Thanks