Mapping "Search" button to notifications

Search This thread

silent_hunter

May 3, 2012
Nakło Śląskie
Hello!
I've got a problem with my Desire.
Few days ago, my digitizer got damaged. I've got about 5mm of inactive touchscreen on the top. This makes notification bar inoperable (i have to rotate phone to open it). I want to buy new phone anyway, but I will use Desire as long as it will work.
So here's my idea to map Search button to notifications. I'm not using this button anyway.
Is there any way to do this? My phone is rooted, running on custom rom based on Android 4.2.2
Help me please!

#Fear

Aug 26, 2013
I think exposed addition has that option. Just get the installer and u can download the module from the app.
Another option is launchers with gestures, i used go and apex, they have such option, u can set slide down for notification or double tap.

Cheers....

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: silent_hunter

silent_hunter

May 3, 2012
Nakło Śląskie
Sounds interesting, gonna try this framework!
Also, I've got Apex onboard right now, but I'm afraid gestures will not work when I've got another application in foreground. Worth trying anyway.
Thanks for now!

Checked out both suggestions, and none worked well...
Apex - as I said before: Gestures aren't global - works only in main screen
Xposed Additions - there's such option in this module, but i can't see any notifications-related :( There's also paid version of Additions but I'm not into buying yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: #Fear

#Fear

Aug 26, 2013
Yes, u are right, should have checked before suggesting xposed addition, they dont have such feature u wanted.
Since u have xposed, you can try Gravitybox. See if they have such funtion in their keyremap. They also have option to enable nav bar and pie.
Lmt, if i remember correctly, if i click on the clock on pie, the notification bar came down.

Sorry, currently on an old rom so cant test but only able to give blind suggestions.

Reactions: silent_hunter

silent_hunter

May 3, 2012
Nakło Śląskie
Thank You again. I've installed GravityBox, and partly achieved my goal - I mapped notifications to menu button. There's no option to map anything to "Search" button, but I'll try to do it another way though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think exposed addition has that option. Just get the installer and u can download the module from the app.
    Another option is launchers with gestures, i used go and apex, they have such option, u can set slide down for notification or double tap.

Cheers....

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
    Sounds interesting, gonna try this framework!
    Also, I've got Apex onboard right now, but I'm afraid gestures will not work when I've got another application in foreground. Worth trying anyway.
    Thanks for now!

Checked out both suggestions, and none worked well...
    Apex - as I said before: Gestures aren't global - works only in main screen
    Xposed Additions - there's such option in this module, but i can't see any notifications-related :( There's also paid version of Additions but I'm not into buying yet.
    Yes, u are right, should have checked before suggesting xposed addition, they dont have such feature u wanted.
    Since u have xposed, you can try Gravitybox. See if they have such funtion in their keyremap. They also have option to enable nav bar and pie.
    Lmt, if i remember correctly, if i click on the clock on pie, the notification bar came down.

Sorry, currently on an old rom so cant test but only able to give blind suggestions.