FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App] OpenMobileMaps v1.6 !!! 2013/11/01 NEW RELEASE !!!

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 11
 
By Cipher, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th December 2009, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2011, 03:22 PM |#501  
Cipher's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 11
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegil

Thanks for the explanation from Jonny and for the documentation page. However, something has gone wrong. I replaced the default maps.xml file with the one I found in one of the postings in the thread. When I tried to start the program this morning, the splash screen displayed and remained on the screen. When I tapped the screen, the program closed. So, I removed the program and re-installed it from the CAB file. Same thing - splash screen and shutdown. What do I need to do to get the program running again? Thanks

There is a OpenMobileMaps folder under /Application Data/ on your device. Could you zip it and send it to me?
After that (as a quick fix) you can just delete the whole folder and start OMM again.
 
 
18th July 2011, 03:47 PM |#502  
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
No need to send the folder. As soon as I opened the folder, I saw the problem. The maps.xml file was named maps..xml. As soon as I corrected that, the program worked correctly. I figured out the multi-touch zooming from watching your video. Thanks for your quick responses.
18th July 2011, 03:49 PM |#503  
Cipher's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 11
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegil

No need to send the folder. As soon as I opened the folder, I saw the problem. The maps.xml file was named maps..xml. As soon as I corrected that, the program worked correctly. I figured out the multi-touch zooming from watching your video. Thanks for your quick responses.

glad to read, that it works fine, now.
19th July 2011, 07:06 PM |#504  
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Can Topographic Maps Be Imported?
I am using the extended maps.xml file provided by a poster to this thread and some of them are very useful. (The "terrain" maps don't add that much.) Has anyone tried downloading topographic maps (probably USA) from a source such as MSRMaps.com (was TerraServer-USA)? Note: this is not terraserver.com, which is now a commercial site spun off a few years ago.

There are other programs that specialize in topographic maps, but I thought it would be nice to have more types under one program.
9th August 2011, 01:17 PM |#505  
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Made Donation But No Registration Code Provided
I made a donation last month via PayPal. It cleared my credit card account on July 20 for U.S. $18.05 to Robert. My e-mail account should have been provided. However, I have not yet received the registration code.

Actually I donated $20, so I am not sure what happend to the other $1.95. Also, I discovered after I made the donation that your program was available through the Windows Mobile Marketplace for $4.99, so you should have made as nice profit on this sale.

Robert, I would appreciate your clearing up this matter.

Thanks
9th August 2011, 01:22 PM |#506  
Cipher's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 11
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegil

I made a donation last month via PayPal. It cleared my credit card account on July 20 for U.S. $18.05 to Robert. My e-mail account should have been provided. However, I have not yet received the registration code.

Actually I donated $20, so I am not sure what happend to the other $1.95. Also, I discovered after I made the donation that your program was available through the Windows Mobile Marketplace for $4.99, so you should have made as nice profit on this sale.

Robert, I would appreciate your clearing up this matter.

Thanks

Hey Charles,
I've got your donation and activated your email on the very same day. You won't receive any activation code or any other key. Just input your Paypal-Email-Address in OpenMobileMaps and it will become a fully registered version. It's as easy as that.
Regards,
Robert
9th August 2011, 02:56 PM |#507  
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Thanks. I had not looked at the registration screen, thinking I would be sent a code like other programs require.
9th August 2011, 03:33 PM |#508  
Cipher's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 11
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegil

Thanks. I had not looked at the registration screen, thinking I would be sent a code like other programs require.

I hope it works for you, now.

On a sidenote: I am not able to update the marketplace version anymore since Microsoft is shutting down the marketplace for Windows Mobile. It is no longer possible to send them updated versions. So, everybody who bought it there and would like to use the latest version that is available on my website should write me...
20th September 2011, 12:37 PM |#509  
Member
Flag Gießen
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Lat/Long
Thanks for the great program!
Is it possible to use Lat/Long coordinates while searching?
Could possibly work online and offline for the saved maps...

Thanks in advance,
Marti
22nd September 2011, 01:33 PM |#510  
-Jonny-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crawley (Gatwick, London)
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Hey Cipher, I'm wondering how this is going - it's still my favourite mapping program. However I have problems searching - e.g, 'Guildford' is located in a completely different location to where it is. Any advances?
23rd September 2011, 02:36 PM |#511  
Cipher's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 11
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmartischmi

Thanks for the great program!
Is it possible to use Lat/Long coordinates while searching?
Could possibly work online and offline for the saved maps...

Thanks in advance,
Marti

Right now, it is not possible to enter coordinates. But, I could easily implement it for the next release. Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jonny-

Hey Cipher, I'm wondering how this is going - it's still my favourite mapping program. However I have problems searching - e.g, 'Guildford' is located in a completely different location to where it is. Any advances?

I can't really help on that, because this is what the webservice responds to the app. Maybe, I'll find the time to look for another webservice...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
osm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes