[ROM][4.2.2][YP-G70][OTA]Remics-JB Fire Eel Mk 2 (v5.0.2) [24.06.13]

Search This thread

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
user2940314_pic29605_1352778834.png

After a very long wait it's finally here!

Screenshots (WIP)

Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-39-05.png
Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-40-20.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-41-00.png
Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-41-46.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-21-37-33.png
Screenshot_2013-05-28-21-38-14.png

Screenshot_2013-06-09-21-12-38.png
Screenshot_2013-06-09-21-12-45.png

Features

Samsung GALAXY S4 Like UI
Samsung GALAXY S4 Launcher
Samsung GALAXY S4 UI Sounds
Samsung GALAXY S4 Shutter Sound
Samsung GALAXY S4 Lock , Unlock Sounds
Samsung GALAXY S4 Icons
Samsung GALAXY S4 Ringtones
Samsung GALAXY S4 Alarms
Samsung GALAXY S4 Notifications
Samsung GALAXY S series bootanimation
Tweaked SystemUI and framework-res
Native OTA Updates
Internal SD card mounted as USB Storage, External SD card mounted as emmc
80% and 100% transparent status bar mods are available

Check here for information about upcoming features

Issues/Problems

• Back camera opens, but doesn't save pictures
  • Standard CM10.1 issues

Before contacting me about issues you have, read the FAQ as most issues have simple workarounds

Thanks and recognition

XDA Developers, CyanogenMod and CM9/CM10/CM10.1 team, CWM recovery team, Team Remics, JesusFreke for smali, Brut.all for apktool, YP-G70 CM9/CM10/CM10.1 devs, Team Supernova/YP-G1 devs, Team Droid Invaders for their brilliant S4 notification centre

JackpotClavin, gmillz, iurnait, android1234567, KOala888, zaclimon, amarullz for AROMA Installer, pmdisawesome, EcHoFiiVe, hanthesolo, erpurohit, monish1995, rodman01

Changelog, downloads and other useful stuff available in next few posts

Last edited:

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Instructions and downloads

OTA installation
  1. Download update through OTA updater app
  2. Reboot into recovery and flash rom. This will start up AROMA installer.
  3. Select a language > Select installer theme > Accept licence etc. > Install > Custom > Select kernel and bootanimation > Install
  4. Once the install has finished, untick the reboot option and press finish. Then flash GApps
  5. Flash transparency mods if you want
  6. Reboot

Coming from CM10.1:
  1. Download rom and reboot into recovery
  2. Flash in recovery
  3. Flash INTL kernel (Only if required!)
  4. Flash the latest GApps
  6. Reboot

Coming from other roms:
  2. If you're coming from GB, flash an ICS rom first
  3. Wipe /data, /system, /dbdata, /cache and dalvik-cache
  4. Flash in recovery
  5. Flash INTL kernel (Only if required!)
  6. Flash the latest GApps
  7. Flash transparency mods if you want
  8. Reboot

Changelog

Code:
[COLOR="Navy"]Fire Eel Mk 2 - v5.0.2 - BUILD JB5FE2R - md5: 3c1c7c4b9f889edea372dab63ab64737[/COLOR]
[LIST]
[*]Updated CM10.1 code
[*]Added the Samsung style notification drawer by Team Droid Invaders
[*]Removed the Accuweather widget
[/LIST]
[COLOR="Navy"]Fire Eel Mk 1 - v5.0.1 - BUILD JB5FE1R - md5: 25cf64206185b36a5ea77e9d971ea95b[/COLOR]
[LIST]
[*]Added AROMA installer
[*]Choice of kernels - USA/INTL
[*]Choice of bootanimations
[*]Included the latest version of our custom notification drawer. This is nowhere near finished yet, but we're making progress
[*]Implemented rear facing camera recording fix
[*]Reverted messy vold hack
[*]Updated alarm tones, notification tones, ringtones and UI sounds from SIII to S4 version
[/LIST]
[COLOR="Navy"]Fire Eel Mk 0 - v5.0.0 - BUILD JB5FE0R - md5: 61da9bb0d32de648ed13721ec36ce376[/COLOR]
[LIST]
[*]Initial release
[/LIST]

Last edited:

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Other Downloads

Sultan Kernel - INTL/USA/KOR
Mercurius Reborn Kernel - INTL/USA
Back camera video recording fix - Only required for v5.0.0. Baked into rom in v5.0.1+
Status bar transparency mods by rodman01

Coming Soon:

Bold indicates the changes are arriving in the next version

• Touchwiz Notification Drawer
  • More S4 UI elements
  • A less ugly vold workaround
  • Back Camera recording fix
  • Updated alarm tones, ringtones, notification tones and UI sounds from the S4
  • S4-like digital clock widget (homescreen + lockscreen) - having a few issues with this :/
  • I'm open to feature requests (but I don't promise to deliver :p) so send me a pm, email me, let us know on G+ or whatever

Useful Links

http://www.team-remics.com
Google+ Page (Updates, Community, general chat)
Facebook Updates, Community
My Github - I'll be uploading certain bits and bobs for parts of the rom where the modifications can't be done on CM10.1 like our Touchwiz notification drawer which is coming soon

Last edited:

halomademeapc

Dec 6, 2010
Indianapolis
www.halomademeapc.com
I'm really liking this ROM. It just looks great (the charge animation on the icon battery is one of my favorite things). Everything seems to be working perfectly right now, but I noticed that flashing the rear camera fix de-themes the camera app. Maybe you could modify the patch or bake it into the ROM itself?

Also, some feature requests: multiwindow or halo from PA
S voice
Samsung lock screen
theme the keyboard

Last edited:
Reactions: Reiziger1

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
I'm really liking this ROM. It just looks great (the charge animation on the icon battery is one of my favorite things). Everything seems to be working perfectly right now, but I noticed that flashing the rear camera fix de-themes the camera app. Maybe you could modify the patch or bake it into the ROM itself?

Also, some feature requests: multiwindow or halo from PA
S voice
Samsung lock screen

I haven't tested the camera fix myself so I didn't bake it into the rom, but I'll include it in future versions seeing as it does actually work.

I'll have a look at the multiwindow thing, but it would require a lot of work so I'll have to wait until my exams finish in late June to work on this.

Halo from PA only works on PA as it requires the PA framework to work so that's a definite no unfortunately. Maybe over the summer I'll have enough time to work on PA3+, but it's unlikely

S voice opens, but has network connectivity issues and FC's whenever you try to access its settings menu. These issues were present in S Voice from the SIII when it launched last year, so someone is likely to find a fix. All the fix did was trick S Voice into thinking the device was an SIII so it might be just as simple this time around

If I could port the S4 lockscreen I would, but I'm just not skilled enough to do so. My team has some pretty hard hitting devs so I'll ask them if they can help, but it is quite complicated. It's similar enough to the SIII lockscreen, but afaik, no one succeeded in fully porting that over to other devices. I'll see if I can get a cut-down implementation working though, but I'm not promising anything

halomademeapc

Dec 6, 2010
Indianapolis
www.halomademeapc.com
quick note: if you need to have the MicroSD mounted as sdcard and internal as emmc, you can just comment out ro.vold.switchablepair=/storage/sdcard0,/storage/sdcard1
in build.prop

unfortunately, I have to re-download my music library from Google Play now :/

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

http://translate.google.com/transla...odding/298511-port-s4-lockscreen.html&act=url
I found this for the lockscreen but I don't really want to try installing it straight-up because that would probably end badly.

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
quick note: if you need to have the MicroSD mounted as sdcard and internal as emmc, you can just comment out ro.vold.switchablepair=/storage/sdcard0,/storage/sdcard1
in build.prop

unfortunately, I have to re-download my music library from Google Play now :/

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

http://translate.google.com/transla...odding/298511-port-s4-lockscreen.html&act=url
I found this for the lockscreen but I don't really want to try installing it straight-up because that would probably end badly.

I'm really sorry about that. I was using a fairly ugly vold workaround from back in the ICS days, but I'll revert it in the next version. I think I found an easier way to implement it. Well it's easier to explain to people who might get confused

The lockscreen is actually based off this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2267029 so I reckon it could work. It's just a modified framework-res so if it doesn't work, just reflash the rom to revert it

Edit:

The modification is fairly ugly, but it works to some extent. I might ask the developer if I could use his work just to refine it a bit, but I won't be able to do that for a while

Last edited:
Reactions: halomademeapc

YoBob

Mar 9, 2011
I was wondering even if you cannot port the S4 Lock screen, is it possible to just port the "Life Companion" clock widget on the lock screen, as Samsung still sort of relied on the widget framework found on 4.2 Lock screen. Or does that widget only work on S4 4.2 ROM?

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda app-developers app

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
I was wondering even if you cannot port the S4 Lock screen, is it possible to just port the "Life Companion" clock widget on the lock screen, as Samsung still sort of relied on the widget framework found on 4.2 Lock screen. Or does that widget only work on S4 4.2 ROM?

It should be easy to port it across as it is just a lock screen widget. If it's not possible, it might be possible to have the text 'life companion' on the lock screen above the clock widget to achieve a similar effect

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

FweaKiid305

Apr 1, 2012
Miami
I Love You! Thought You Said Around June Though. . .Thanks For The ROM ICS Was Amazing Now JB ? AMAZING

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
I Love You! Thought You Said Around June Though. . .Thanks For The ROM ICS Was Amazing Now JB ? AMAZING

I did say June, but I got impatient :p

Another question, is there any way you can modify the TouchWiz's clock + weather widget to work in Trebuchet?

Probably. It's just a normal widget but there must be something in a config file thats preventing trebuchet from seeing it. If it works on Apex, I might include that instead of Trebuchet because I find it to be much smoother and more customisable

Man, I don't know if I wanna try this ROM or SlimBean.

Try both?

TheKryptonite

Sep 24, 2012
I did say June, but I got impatient :p

Probably. It's just a normal widget but there must be something in a config file thats preventing trebuchet from seeing it. If it works on Apex, I might include that instead of Trebuchet because I find it to be much smoother and more customisable

Try both?

Yeah I could but I don't feel doing this or that... I think.

FweaKiid305

Apr 1, 2012
Miami
I Can Confirm Zip For Back Camera Recording Fix Works But Camera Is Not Themed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    user2940314_pic29605_1352778834.png

After a very long wait it's finally here!

Screenshots (WIP)

Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-39-05.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-40-20.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-41-00.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-41-46.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-21-37-33.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-28-21-38-14.png

Screenshot_2013-06-09-21-12-38.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-09-21-12-45.png

Features

Samsung GALAXY S4 Like UI
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Launcher
    Samsung GALAXY S4 UI Sounds
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Shutter Sound
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Lock , Unlock Sounds
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Icons
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Ringtones
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Alarms
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Notifications
    Samsung GALAXY S series bootanimation
    Tweaked SystemUI and framework-res
    Native OTA Updates
    Internal SD card mounted as USB Storage, External SD card mounted as emmc
    80% and 100% transparent status bar mods are available

Check here for information about upcoming features

Issues/Problems

• Back camera opens, but doesn't save pictures
    • Standard CM10.1 issues

Before contacting me about issues you have, read the FAQ as most issues have simple workarounds

Thanks and recognition

XDA Developers, CyanogenMod and CM9/CM10/CM10.1 team, CWM recovery team, Team Remics, JesusFreke for smali, Brut.all for apktool, YP-G70 CM9/CM10/CM10.1 devs, Team Supernova/YP-G1 devs, Team Droid Invaders for their brilliant S4 notification centre

JackpotClavin, gmillz, iurnait, android1234567, KOala888, zaclimon, amarullz for AROMA Installer, pmdisawesome, EcHoFiiVe, hanthesolo, erpurohit, monish1995, rodman01

Changelog, downloads and other useful stuff available in next few posts
    Instructions and downloads

OTA installation
    1. Download update through OTA updater app
    2. Reboot into recovery and flash rom. This will start up AROMA installer.
    3. Select a language > Select installer theme > Accept licence etc. > Install > Custom > Select kernel and bootanimation > Install
    4. Once the install has finished, untick the reboot option and press finish. Then flash GApps
    6. Reboot

Coming from CM10.1:
    2. Flash in recovery
    3. Flash INTL kernel (Only if required!)
    4. Flash the latest GApps
    6. Reboot

Coming from other roms:
    2. If you're coming from GB, flash an ICS rom first
    3. Wipe /data, /system, /dbdata, /cache and dalvik-cache
    4. Flash in recovery
    5. Flash INTL kernel (Only if required!)
    6. Flash the latest GApps
    7. Flash transparency mods if you want
    8. Reboot

Changelog

Code:
    [COLOR="Navy"]Fire Eel Mk 2 - v5.0.2 - BUILD JB5FE2R - md5: 3c1c7c4b9f889edea372dab63ab64737[/COLOR]
    [LIST]
    [*]Updated CM10.1 code
    [*]Added the Samsung style notification drawer by Team Droid Invaders
    [*]Removed the Accuweather widget
    [/LIST]
    [COLOR="Navy"]Fire Eel Mk 1 - v5.0.1 - BUILD JB5FE1R - md5: 25cf64206185b36a5ea77e9d971ea95b[/COLOR]
    [LIST]
    [*]Added AROMA installer
    [*]Choice of kernels - USA/INTL
    [*]Choice of bootanimations
    [*]Included the latest version of our custom notification drawer. This is nowhere near finished yet, but we're making progress
    [*]Implemented rear facing camera recording fix
    [*]Reverted messy vold hack
    [*]Updated alarm tones, notification tones, ringtones and UI sounds from SIII to S4 version
    [/LIST]
    [COLOR="Navy"]Fire Eel Mk 0 - v5.0.0 - BUILD JB5FE0R - md5: 61da9bb0d32de648ed13721ec36ce376[/COLOR]
    [LIST]
    [*]Initial release
    [/LIST]
    Superb rom, but there is no FM Radio app :(
    Spirit FM is not working.

It should work. Just fiddle with the settings.

I had my last exam today, but now the real work begins :p. I'm free-ish until Wednesday so I should be able to get a new release out by then. After Wednesday I'll be on holiday so I won't be developing, but I'll still be answering questions and trying to help from abroad. Once I'm back, I'll be working on some camera stuff amongst other things so this should be an eventful summer

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Edit:

Check out this bootanimation by one of our team members. I can add it as an option in Aroma installer, but I'm wary of making the download file too large, but if you guys don't mind a few more MB, I'll include it in the zip
    Other Downloads

Sultan Kernel - INTL/USA/KOR
    Mercurius Reborn Kernel - INTL/USA
    Back camera video recording fix - Only required for v5.0.0. Baked into rom in v5.0.1+
    Status bar transparency mods by rodman01

Coming Soon:

Bold indicates the changes are arriving in the next version

• Touchwiz Notification Drawer
    • More S4 UI elements
    • A less ugly vold workaround
    • Back Camera recording fix
    • Updated alarm tones, ringtones, notification tones and UI sounds from the S4
    • S4-like digital clock widget (homescreen + lockscreen) - having a few issues with this :/
    • I'm open to feature requests (but I don't promise to deliver :p) so send me a pm, email me, let us know on G+ or whatever

Useful Links

http://www.team-remics.com
    Google+ Page (Updates, Community, general chat)
    Facebook Updates, Community
    My Github - I'll be uploading certain bits and bobs for parts of the rom where the modifications can't be done on CM10.1 like our Touchwiz notification drawer which is coming soon
    FAQ

Before posting about any issues you have, please read this FAQ as it might save you some time. I'll be adding to this as I go once more common issues are discovered

FAQ

1. I have an INTL device and the home, menu and back buttons do not work anymore
    A: Flash an INTL kernel.

2. I can't find developer options
    A: Settings > about device > tap Build Number 7 times. Press back. Scroll to bottom. Voila; developer options

3. ADB doesn't work
    A: Turn on USB debugging from developer options. Update ADB using SDK manager (or however you prefer do it). Connect to computer. Accept whitelist request. Bingo

4. Trying to get a logcat but "Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory"
    A: Logging is probably disabled in the kernel. Flash a different kernel

5. I want to try out the phablet and tablet UI's. How do I do that? How can I go back to the phone UI?
    A: When the dpi > 128, phone UI is used. When 106 < dpi < 129, phablet UI is used. When dpi = 106, Tablet UI is used. Phablet UI and Tablet UI are not fully themed yet and the S4 launcher doesn't respond well do changes in dpi so you're forced to use Trebuchet. As you'd imagine, setting the dpi so low makes everything really small so its not the most comfortable UI to use, but some apps make better use of the large screen in lower dpi settings

6. Where can I find wipe /system, /dbdata in CWM?
    A: Go to mounts and storage

7. I get an assert failed error. HALP!
    A: If you're still on GB, flash in ICS rom. Also try updating your CWM recovery to v6.x by installing a new kernel like Sultan

8. USB debugging and mounting USB storage doesn't work
    A: Disable fastcharge

9. How can I swap my external and internal sd cards around?
    A: Using a file manager (with root access) go to /system/build.prop and modify
    Code:
    persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0
    to
    Code:
    persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1
    Save the file and reboot

10. How can I stop OTA updater and Play store force closing after updating the rom?
    A:Settings > Apps > OTA Updater/Play Store > Clear Data

11. I like this rom but I have a 4.0. What can I do?
    A: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2320198. The 4.0 rom is currently on 4.1.2, but it should be updated to 4.2.2 soon

12. I flashed this rom and now zombies are after me
    A: Don't panic. Flash this. It turns your device into a sonar which will allow you to see any moving objects near you so you can make a quick escape