[23.apr.2013] *COLLECTION OF THE BEST APP/GAMES FOR ANDROID* 165 apps - 200 games!!!

Search This thread

chinarabbit

Dec 14, 2008
天下
What u want tell tat clearly:-/

I mean its not free

you'll start using it, maybe even get others to use it, then become dependent on it, then be forced to buy it or wank out on everyone

Why not just force me to buy it now, before I have people to disappoint and a system in place

I think its a crappy idea.. maybe a paid version with extra emojis or something...

whatever.. I have something known as "foresight".. and I'd hate that app in a year..

so i'll save myself the trouble

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
Hi Everyone,
I did a little thread cleaning to remove the arguing that was going on. Please remember that the forums are not a good place for arguments and please, please, remember to avoid posting disrespectfully!

Thanks!

Reactions: Larpsis

haarshmadhvi

Mar 24, 2013
Dubai
Too good dude too good

Its very usefull and very handy

I think one more thing is required to add to this thread is to inform the visitors regarding upcoming games of android

What do u say guys? :thumbup:

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app

chinarabbit

Dec 14, 2008
天下
My Review of Home Launchers for Android

Here is my review of Home Launchers for Android

I tested them all on JB 4.2.2

I checked out alot of Launchers, something like 15 or 20.. but these following ones were the ones I thought were worth mentioning.

Yandex Shell - Rating: 5 stars

Pros:
  • Includes its own Dialer you can disable if you prefer
  • Has cool folders that open up or expand
  • Includes 3D mode for use with 3D glasses
  • Has a Carousel you pinch the screen to enter, then you can spin the carousel to select a page..
  • You can enable or disable Pages and rearrange them instantly from the double-row sliding panel view, by hitting the bottom right icon in the carousel view, and dragging icons to the bottom row to disable or rearrange them
  • The Carousel works as a Screen Saver, showing 3D earth views of time zones, calendar animations, etc
  • It has many cool functions not found in other launchers, while at the same time, lacking alot of the functions of the others.. its a very unique style of launcher in its own category, really
  • Its a fun and useful tool, that you can add a shortcut to on another launcher's desktop to get to this launcher when you want more functionality and to use its widgets
  • Unlimited Pages with continuous scrolling in both directions
  • Of all the launchers, Yandex's carousel is probably the fastest way to navigate, its lightning fast
  • You can Click the bottom square (left of home) or round (home & right of home) buttons to go straight to the page
  • You can drag any bottom page button (including the active one) up to enter a quick carousel for a fast spin, that will drop you on your chosen page when you release your finger
  • Clicking on the active bottom button once and releasing enters the full carousel mode as well
  • Has alot of Widgets, including:
  • - - Call Log - with an awesome 3D panel you can bring up by clicking the contacts photo
  • - - A great Notes Widget with as many folders/ categories as you want, such as personal, business, shopping, etc.. each folder can contain as many notes as you want.. notes are multi-color, select a color, overlapping, support drag-rearranging, etc,
  • - - World Time Zones - Shows 4 world time zones with a 3D earth you click on that lets you rotate it freely to see the current position of the sun on the planet
  • - - Shortcuts to Power, Screen, Wifi, Data, Bluetooth, Hotspot, etc
  • - - Weather - can show the weather, wind, humidity, barometric pressure, 5 day view, and 4 time of day periods, from as many cities as you want (as long as the "3D" weather option is disabled ,or its just one city for 3D)
  • - - Calendar, shows upcoming events from your calendar, opens your Calendar etc.
  • - - Time with lots of different cool clock skins
  • - - Pictures, with different update options
  • - - Picture Gallery
  • - - Weather
  • - - Messaging
  • - - Contacts
  • - - Book Marks
  • Has Many Full Panels:
  • - - Time Panel
  • - - Weather Panel
  • - - Pictures Panel by Flikr
  • - - Calendar Panel
  • - - Moon Panel
  • - - News Panel
  • - - Calculator Panel

• Tons of useful add-ons you can download, such as:
  • - - Yandex Maps
  • - - Yandex Opera Mini
  • - - Yandex Search
  • - - Car Navigator
  • - - Yandex Mail
  • - - Yandex Market
  • - - Yandex Weather
  • - - Yandex Traffic
  • - - Yandex Taxi
  • - - Yandex Disk Cloud Storage
  • - - Yandex Money
  • - - Yandex Automobile Guide
  • - - Yandex Metro
  • - - Yandex Train
  • - - Yandex Foki
  • - - Yandex News
  • - - Yandex Exams
  • - - Yandex Translate
  • - - Yandex Photo Albums
  • - - and more

Cons:
  • No custom Transitions - this is because in Yandex you dont change panels by swiping, but via the carousel, after pinching, or from a quick carousel by dragging any page button upwards, or by clicking the active page button once
  • No Swipe Gestures - one thing missing.. but the other features I feel make up for this..
  • Lacks some of the advanced Panel customizations of other Launchers
  • Cannot Search through the Dialer T9 Pad
  • Cannot drag contacts slider, but it does scroll very fast & very long...
  • Some of the Yandex services are only in Russian or for Russia & Ukraine
  • It probably has the biggest foot print of all the launchers..

eIC86vK.jpg
1D157vr.jpg
vLoTEzz.jpg

Apex Launcher - Rating: 5 stars

Pros:

• Has Swipe Up & Swipe Down functions to a variety of actions
  • Cube out Transition
  • Apps Drawer sorting by Mostly Used, Title, or Install Date
  • Supports Gestures like Pinch, Double-tap, Up/Down Swipe, etc
  • Pro Version (paid) includes extra things you likely wont miss.. Basic version is enough
  • Swipe or Pinch can be used to Launch an App, such as "Screen Off & Lock" to turn off & lock screen with a swipe

Cons:
  • Cannot scroll Background in Opposite Direction of Title
  • Doesnt Load your Icons from the Default Android Launcher

ADW Launcher - Rating: 5 stars

Pros:
  • Lots of Gestures available for use, including 2-finger gestures
  • Includes Dock Swiping as an extra swipe function
  • Good Transitions
  • Folders with Display & Behavior Options
  • Create Shortcuts to any file in your computer
  • Swipe or Pinch can be used to Launch an App, such as "Screen Off & Lock" to turn off & lock screen with a swipe
  • Pro Version (paid) includes extra things you likely wont miss.. Basic version is enough

Cons:
  • Cannot scroll Background in Opposite Direction of Title

Lightning Launcher - Rating: 5 stars

Pros:
  • Lots of Gestures available for use, including 2-finger gestures
  • Includes Tap, Long-tap, & Double-tap on Empty space
  • Can change the behavior of Home key, Menu Key, & Search Key
  • Can scroll pages up & down AND left & right at the same time
  • Customize behavior of individual desktop screens
  • Option to minimize RAM usage
  • Pinch Zoom your Screens
  • Mirrors your Icons
  • Has a "Multiple Wallpaper" add-on
  • has "Simple Screen Switcher" Add-on
  • Can download many Languages & themes
  • A Gesture can be assigned to Launch an App, such as "Screen Off & Lock" to turn off & lock screen with a swipe

Cons:
  • Not many transition effects
  • You need to be careful that the gestures you choose dont conflict with the direction of switching you are using

Nova Launcher - Rating: 4.5 stars

Pros:
  • Can Load your Icons from the Default Android Launcher, allowing for seamless transition from default to Nova
  • Background can scroll in the opposite direction of the transition

Cons:
  • No Gestures are available in the Free Version..
  • Cannot Swipe up or Down in Free Version

Holo Launcher HD - Rating: 4 stars

Pros:
  • Small & Fast, quite Simple to use, yet full-featured
  • Can Swipe Up & Swipe Down

Cons:
  • No Cube Transition

Go Launcher EX - Rating: 2.5 stars

Pros:
  • Can Group Appdrawer Apps into their own folders
  • Has alot of themes

Cons:
  • Most versions I tried (by 1st downloading the theme, then the downloading the launcher through the theme) fill your phone with countless strange Chinese crap
  • Takes over your app drawer, and fills it full of crapware, most of it Chinese
  • Spams all of your homepages on install with crapware & crapsites that are difficult & time-consuming to remove
  • Installs its own poorly designed Icons over your own default Icons which mix with its own crapware icons, and sometimes you cant tell which are which
  • Most themes and versions of Go EX Launcher are largely made by companies who want to spam your android with their own promotions, so there is alot of development for it, but mostly by people wanting to make money from you

Last edited:

akash bohra

Jun 19, 2012
I mean its not free

you'll start using it, maybe even get others to use it, then become dependent on it, then be forced to buy it or wank out on everyone

Why not just force me to buy it now, before I have people to disappoint and a system in place

I think its a crappy idea.. maybe a paid version with extra emojis or something...

whatever.. I have something known as "foresight".. and I'd hate that app in a year..

so i'll save myself the trouble

Whats app is free bro try it...wht u r asked to pay for tat jst uninstall n thn re-install it tats simple to use for long trem

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chinarabbit

Dec 14, 2008
天下
I have to add "Android Task Manager" (ATM), by SmartWho, for its awesome power & control it gives you over what goes in and out of your RAM & when

-

chinarabbit

Dec 14, 2008
天下
No list of Android software is complete without the German Office Suite "Softmaker Suite".. the best Mobile Office Available, imo

and all you mentioned for Note Applications was Evernote and ColorNotes..

I would like more input on favorite Note programs

Evernote is a shady forced-sync application for people who have no Cutting-Edge Innovation, Intellectual Property, or Sensitive Business Information in their notes

and ColorNote doesnt export into simple RTF, TXT, or IMG files

Notes dont need to be Password Protected to be secure enough for most any use, and making specialized formats makes using the notes impractical.

Onenote seems about as useless as Onenote for WinMobile6.. it literally has no use except for filtering the world's notes through Microsoft Servers, and to promote Office 365.. it has no support for Onenote 2007, 2013, or anything else.. and has no functions such as creating a new notebook, and its only for use with ms server syncing.

-

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

From what I've seen, the Notes with functions like Photos, Drawing, Microphone, as well as Formatted Text Notes, all require you to sync through their servers, and if they have export at all, its their own internal format for use only with their own programs, as a 'backup" to their online Syncing..

Online Syncing is a gold mine worth potential Billions to the server owners, by harvesting information, opinions, ideas, & innovations

The fact that these app devs dont even offer a viable alternative to online syncing, forcing you to send all of your private data through their servers, does nothing but reaffirm the fact that these note programs seem little more than data collection tools.

and the programs that seem to not be made for data harvesting and intellectual property theft, cant do anything but support plain text documents.

more ludicrous obsurdity from the android dev community

-

Last edited:

chinarabbit

Dec 14, 2008
天下
Case Study:

Catch Notes & AK Notes took their servers completely offline and deleted everyone's notes.. because they were "Heading in a New Direction"

obviously any company actually heading in a new direction would want to keep its users

what has actually happened is, after reading all of their users notes, they found some very great ideas which made them abandon the entire position in the market they were in, and do something completely unrelated... right...

Which, i'm sure was their whole intention in creating the Note Program to begin with

the Idea & Creativity-starved app devs found what they were looking for.. a new Idea in life, and they dropped everything they were doing to steal other people's ideas and run with them.. poor sappy users had no clue their ideas & plans in life had just been ripped off

-

Last edited:
Reactions: haarshmadhvi

chinarabbit

Dec 14, 2008
天下
So, I've tried the following Note-Taking Apps:

ColorNote

Evernote

Inkpad Notepad

Notepad, aka Go Notepad by PowerApp

Note Pad - freewarelovers

Notes by Yuli

Classic Notes Lite

Gnotes

Extensive Notes Notepad

Flick Note

Slide Notes

TT Note Notepad Notes

Ultra Notes

Color Note Simple Note

Antipaper Notes

Handy Note

Incredible Notes

Microsoft OneNote

Zoho Writer

Diary by DroidVeda

Memories: The Diary

---------------------

I didnt find what I was looking for at all, either because of lack of Rich text or Bullets, or Images, or audio, or export format, or export at all, forced server-sync processing, etc..

The closest apps I found were these 2:

Note Everything by SoftXperience

has the best export, each element is exported to a different folder, Paintings, Photos, Text, Videos, Voices.. you can access freely from your PC... as well as a separate internal "Backup" folder for internal use, likely to preserve formatting within the app itself

Photos & Video & Voice & Paint & Text are all created as separate Notes, you can not embed one in the other

unfortunately, the text editor is just plain simple text, no formatting, no bullets or numbering, no checklists, etc

you can send individual notes to Google Docs, if you need to.. and apparently it also has an add-on known as 'NE Gdocs' for optional Google Docs syncing, for those interested in that

Notepad for Android by RoyalBird

Stores items transparently on SD Card, can export all items to Zip files, has a back up function but its at scheduled times, and there is no "Back up Now" function..

Media can be embedded in the note

It has shopping lists with dollar values, which are fun to use in the phone, but they export into complex code in a txt file

Can change font color and background color in the note, but not for export

No Bullets or Numbered lists, just plain old simple text

Style Book - great RTF, only exports to HTML

doesnt support images, video, audio recording, painting, etc., But its included for its great Rich text editor with complex bulleting & numbering systems, and font formats etc.. however, it only exports to HTML or an Internal format

--------------

so still looking for a perfect program

a perfect program would be as follows:

• Includes RTF support
  • Exports notes with text or text with photos, and drawing images, with text formatting & bullets etc as .RTF files
  • Exports notes with audio or Video in HTML format, including photos & paint images if those are in a note that contains audio or video, with an option to export them all to separate folders
  • Saves all the elements of a note in clearly labelled folders, as they are made
  • Exports to a user-defined SD card location
  • Exports each entry into a separate Sub-folder, named with the name of the Folder or Note, and then Each element of that note is put into that Folder, especially RTF + Media
  • Has note color support
  • Has Folder Organization, with colored folders & labels
  • Has background color & ruling color customizations
  • Has templates and save as template functions
  • Can be viewed by Labels, Colors, or Date Created, both in folder view, and in each folder's own note view
  • Has a Built-in OCR for taking photos of text and adding them to your note
  • Can embed Photos, Paint, Video, or Voice into any Note
  • Can embed Screenshots as well, on a Timer..
  • Has advanced Drawing & Architectural tools, such as Basic Shapes, rulers, lines, patterns, fills, etc..
  • Supports Copy & Paste of any image, Audio file, or Video, or URL with auto-generated thumbnail , into any place in any Note, and copies the media to the individual note-specific folder.
  • Supports Hot-linking to any internal file, including an E-book, a PPT, or anything else by creating a shortcut to the file and launching a user-defined program on click, which get a special place-holder on export.
  • Includes the same Bullet Support as 'Style Book' above, including Roman Numerals, etc, with multi-level indents
  • Has Speech-to-Text
  • Has advanced Search & Find
  • Can select Which folders can sync and which folders do not sync
  • No ads - totally ad free
  • Can send to Google Docs & Box.net (Paid Features)

Google Docs & Box.net are attractive paid features, if the entire program was Ad-free and Full-featured

The OCR could be a separate Paid Add-on as well.. maybe the Text to Speech also

Online Sync should probably be included too.. maybe free, for wider usage

and maybe an option to create "Shared Folders" which can be accessed by people you specify, just for broader appeal

i think it was the 'Extensive Notes' app above that made "Settings" only available in the paid version. a settings menu you have no idea what the contents are.. thats silly..

----

until then, i'll probably have to stick with Softmaker's TextMaker, a full Office Document Program

-

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts