[ROM] OaT's Light n Tasty: DISCONTINUED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

stunndd

Apr 23, 2011
I just want to say that I love this rom. It's been very stable and fast, no problems at all. I'm also excited to see this rom with cornerstone. Keep up the good work.

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
I can be a tester as well if you still need another one. :D

On a side note, any idea why I can't set up my hotmail email on this ROM? When I put my login info in, it just hangs at "checking incoming server settings". I tried 3 other ROM's and didn't have that issue. I even wiped and reinstalled with the same results.

Thanks for any help!

Hmm? Just tried and I couldn't either. Although I don't use hotmail very often, when I do I just go through the browser. I'll look into it and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Wow, what a brain fart! :eek: Had completely forgot that you need exchange to setup hotmail. "Installed" that, which is found on the OP along with directions on how to install (it's not a standard install) and was immediately able to setup my hotmail account.

Reactions: swear0730

Kiersten_Kress

Mar 18, 2012
Yes, it has been pretty quiet over there for several weeks.

I downloaded version A and B because I wanted to give your ROM a try.

After I flashed it and rebooted, it kept giving me a message that said the phone process has stopped... and wouldn't continue any further.

I tried re-flashing several times and still got the same thing. Finally I went back to CM9 and my Touchpad was running normally again.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using CWM when I flash....

Thanks! :)

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009

After I flashed it and rebooted, it kept giving me a message that said the phone process has stopped... and wouldn't continue any further.

I tried re-flashing several times and still got the same thing. Finally I went back to CM9 and my Touchpad was running normally again.

What wipes/formats did you do prior to flashing? You've only had CM9 prior to trying LnT?

Edit: Saw your post on CN. You were running CN and not CM9?

Last edited:

Kiersten_Kress

Mar 18, 2012
What wipes/formats did you do prior to flashing? You've only had CM9 prior to trying LnT?

Edit: Saw your post on CN. You were running CN and not CM9?

Sorry... I should have made it clear that I had three Touchpads in my family.

#1(16GB) was running CN 4.01 fine for over a month, bricked after flashing LnT. (have been working on it for the last three hours trying to at least put webOS back on there... but even the power/vol buttons are not responding to anything right now) but I can't really blame LnT on this one, as I have opened up this Touchpad up previously to install a replacement battery as well as a white shell.

#2(32GB) was running CM9. After flashing LnT, it keep giving me the continuous "phone process has ended" pop-up messages... flashed it back to CN

#3(16GB) untouched... always ran CN

Last edited:

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009

#1(16GB) was running CN 4.01 fine for over a month, bricked after flashing LnT. (have been working on it for the last three hours trying to at least put webOS back on there... but even the power/vol buttons are not responding to anything right now)

#2(32GB) was running CM9. After flashing LnT, it keep giving me the continuous "phone process has ended" pop-up messages... flashed it back to CN

Re: 1. I suspect it is not bricked at all, rather the boot partition has been filled to capacity between the installs of CN and LnT, and of course the existing WebOS. Believe CN provides a boot partition cleaner on their classicnerds site. You probably need to use that and understand what state that leaves your boot partition in.

Re: 2. You still haven't told me what wipes/formats you did. And I quote, "was running CM9.... flashed back to CN". Again, which is it?

Last edited:

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009

#1(16GB) was running CN 4.01 fine for over a month, bricked after flashing LnT. (have been working on it for the last three hours trying to at least put webOS back on there... but even the power/vol buttons are not responding to anything right now) but I can't really blame LnT on this one, as I have opened up this Touchpad up previously to install a replacement battery as well as a white shell.

But that is exactly what you did do on the CN thread. And I quote (copy)....

"Being stupid and bored today, I decided to give LnT rom a try. Unfortunately, LnT rom has bricked one of my three Touchpads at the moment. I have been trying to un-brick it without any success so far."

Happened to me. Here's what I did.

1) Factory wipe.
2) System Cache Wipe and Dalvik wipe to be sure.
3) Install LnT.
4) Install OaT's "Light n Tasty" GApps. I believe its the lack of doing this that causes the problem.
5) Reboot the TP.

If done right it should bring you to the Google setup and ask you to turn on wifi, log onto your Google account, select timezone, etc.

At least that's how I remember fixing it.

slam11100

Jul 23, 2010
Clifton Park

1) Factory wipe.
3) Install LnT.
4) Install OaT's "Light n Tasty" GApps. I believe its the lack of doing this that causes the problem.
5) Reboot the TP.

If done right it should bring you to the Google setup and ask you to turn on wifi, log onto your Google account, select timezone, etc.

That's the process I use and no problems! By the way, not sure if Kiersten_Kress gonna be showing up here any time soon. Kinda been called out and what not.
Been lurking for a while and have run cn and cm9. Liked cn a bunch, and am really liking LnT. Have not flashed the update because I've been so stable. I never really had wifi issues (use it mostly at home with good signal) so can someone recommend whether I should try a or b first? I suppose I could try both and report back but what fun would that be?? Ha. Oat awesome work! Beer money coming! Cheers

Sent from og evo or tp running something these devs have cooked up

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010

1) Factory wipe.
3) Install LnT.
5) Reboot the TP.

any time I want to try a new rom, I backup and wipe everything (system, cache, dalvik), then flash twice. So I flash LnT, gapps, LnT, gapps, and then supreme, and cornerstone mod. Might help.

f_padia

Jul 12, 2010
If I install the latest version of this rom would I need to wipe to upgrade to the ROM +cornerstone version that you might release on the wkend? Or could I flash over? Just wondering whether I should hold on or not

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
If I install the latest version of this rom would I need to wipe to upgrade to the ROM +cornerstone version that you might release on the wkend? Or could I flash over? Just wondering whether I should hold on or not

You should only have to wipe cache, wipe dalvik, flash ROM, then finally flash new gapps when the LnT + CStone comes out. So don't worry about flashing the current version and then having to set up everything all over again.

badaphooko01

Aug 5, 2009
Cumming, Ga.
I am having trouble installing this rom. It seems to install just fine but when it goes to reboot, mboot only gives me the option of classicnerd, cyanogen or akop but not this rom. Is there a way to get rid of those boot options? Please advise....

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
I am having trouble installing this rom. It seems to install just fine but when it goes to reboot, mboot only gives me the option of classicnerd, cyanogen or akop but not this rom. Is there a way to get rid of those boot options? Please advise....

You probably need to clean out your boot partition from all the different boot images that have been placed by the different ROMs you have flashed. I believe there is a boot partition cleaner on the CN website, but don't know what "state" it leaves it in.

potatohead

Feb 15, 2006

flash this file via twrp or cwm before flashing a new rom

http://classictomatoe.net/classicnerd.net/Betas/update-remove-tga_uImages.zip

it will clear the moboot menu of roms that are no longer present

Reactions: badaphooko01

Moronig

Dec 2, 2010
Curitiba
O.a.T., Love the ROM, and I'd be happy to help out. If you need more testers, I would be glad to help on your next round of testing.

strikerage

Feb 19, 2011
I keep getting errors when I use the top Google search bar. It gives me an error and says Google search has stopped. Only issue I've had so far. Love the Rom. Smooth, fast, and responsive.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Background
    As a bit of background, I publicly posted ROMs on PPCGeeks for the HTC Touch w/WinMo several years ago. Since then, I continue to develop ROMs primarily for family and friends on the EVO4G, LG Optimus, Acer A500, and of course the HP TouchPad. After an initial testing period by a group of volunteers here at XDA (thank you, thank you, thank you), I have decided to publicly release this ROM. I hope you enjoy it.

Philosophy and Acknowledgements
    My emphasis has always been on a very light and fast ROM that leaves plenty of room for one's own apps and customizations. My HP TouchPad ROM is based on a very stripped down KANG of the latest CM9 version (big thanks to Dalingrin, JCSullins, and all the other TPad devs that have brought this capability to us) that supports HW Video (meaning Netflix and HD YouTube) and all the other goodies you have come to know and love.

In addition there are also a few other treats thrown in, primarily,
    • the recently released QualComm adreno 2xx drivers,
    • the init.d tweaks published by Rohan,
    • the new ath6kl wifi drivers being incorporated into the 3.0 kernel,
    • the new HD Tablet launcher by the "Go" folks.

Big thanks to all the folks associated with these for their generosity in publicly providing these tweaks. Finally, I also employ a very stripped down version of the latest version of GApps that I will also link to. You can use the full version of GApps found elsewhere, but that will then somewhat defeat the intent of this ROM. The attached pics will give you some idea of what to expect. The benchmarks are all "typical" of the results I get on a non-overclocked CPU running at ~1.2GHz.

Updates
    In terms of updates, I actually build the ROM and the kernel almost on a daily basis so my older AMD quadcore isn't tortured with having to handle an extraordinary number of new commits. But that doesn't mean I flash almost daily. It all depends on what looks significant, if I really want to try something new, or if I'm just bored :eek:. You can find out what's new in the below "News" section of this OP to find out what's the latest on my front.

Flashing and .apk's
    Of course, all the standard cautions about doing the necessary backups (nandroids, titanium, or my backup) and the requirement for a complete set of wipes/formats (data, cache, system, dalvik) apply. Actually, I only find it necessary to wipe cache and dalvik between flashes of my own ROM. I also flash Gapps anew after each ROM flash. If you like experimenting with the other available ROMs, I advise a complete set of wipes and formats. And of course, you are flashing at your own risk.

Any .apk's included below need to be placed in the system/app directory with a rooted file manager, e.g. es file explorer, ensuring the permissions are the same as other .apk's in that directory, followed by a reboot. Unless, otherwise noted.

News
    08/30/12
    • DISCONTINUED

Links
    OaT's "Light n Tasty" GApps:

OaT's "Light n Tasty" ROMs:
    Plan on posting "final" CM9-based LnT this weekend, including a new BEATS audio and a few other ROM refinements, this weekend. Then I'm just going to hunker down and try working with CM10. We'll see how that goes. :confused:
    JB & LnT Update (as I currently see it)

First, I am seeing a lot of activity on the repo as the JB packages are even now being readied and moved into the new tree. The process, I believe, is to "finish" up CM9 with a stable RC2 then fully concentrate on CM10. Since CM10 is a "minor" update (4.0.4 ->> 4.1.1) CM9 will ultimately be abandoned with only CM7 (Gingerbread - 2.X) and CM10 (4.x) being maintained (Honeycomb - 3.X was never publicly released). I don't know how long this will take; could be anywhere from a few weeks to several months, but it has been said that any device that was supported on CM9 will be supported on CM10. Of course, a lot of that will depend on the developers who have specifically contributed to the TPad to rebase their work as necessary.

In terms of updates to LnT, I'm planning one more update sometime this month and then I'll hunker down and wait for JB, as I'm guessing there will only be minor improvements to the current state. Of course, should something major/interesting show up (e.g. the camera) or I get bored :silly:, I will adapt. Finally, I've decided to not go the direct AOSP JB route and just wait for CM JB.

Bottom line, because of the quality of the Touch Pad developers, I firmly believe our lowly TPs will be one of the early recipients of a sleek new JB including some interesting capabilities, e.g. Google Now.
    LnT JB Posted Including LnT JB Gapps

Please read updated News section in OP. Links located in OP.
    When you compile?! The cm10 source are you going to release public? Or you wait jcsullins to released first?

I'll release when it's, IMO, daily-driver quality. That doesn't mean it will be completely bug free, but it must be useable for all basic tasks including browsing, email, music, video, and many of my "critical" apps.