(Q) force roaming on verizon; getting booted; coming back?

Search This thread

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
Well I moved 2 months after getting onto Sprint. I got a good signal at my previous home but don't get a single bar at my new home.

I'm damn sure not paying 400 dollars to get out of the contract when I could stay on Verizon's PRL and wait until 4g hits.

If it ever does.
At this rate we won't get it until next year.

$90 bucks a month for data that barely works.
$90 bucks a month on a plan I thought was gonna cost $70, because that's what I signed up for.

Frankly, Sprint sucks.
Simple as that.

Seriously Sprint needs to step up their game...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

So pay your ETF then. You signed the contract it's your responsibility to honor it. You decided to move where the signals bad, sprint didn't move so why should they lose money over your choice?

I like to break stuff! :D

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
So pay your ETF then. You signed the contract it's your responsibility to honor it. You decided to move where the signals bad, sprint didn't move so why should they lose money over your choice?

Do you realize what you are saying right now?? Sprint is part of the 4 biggest "nation"wide cellphone providers. Moving to a new place or buying a new home should not depend or be swayed whether my cell phone will work there or not... thats ridiculous.

Im currently with Sprint, and my data speeds are HORRID and practically unusable, i feel bad, but because of work, i sometimes force roam in order to get important emails. If i get booted off, then great! but im not doing it on purpose, i need to receive certain information when out and about.

also, yes, i signed a contract, but they also gave me a contract promising "3G" speeds, honestly, in the same area, my gfs tmobile 2g is sometime faster than my full bars Sprint phone.

Now im not gonna keep roaming when needed, ive just been doing that long enough for my ETF to lower to the selling price of my phone haha.

/rant

xKrisx

Jan 27, 2011
Some people just don't get it or don't care. Something I bet ya didn't know either. In that small print of your contract did you know it also says that Sprint doesn't guarantee service inside your home.

Also comparing Sprint 3G to Tmobile anything is like comparing apples to oranges.

Again with getting the boot for roaming, I have only ever seen it once and it was happening for alot longer then your contract is for. So don't get your hopes up. And they didn't get booted out of there ETF they just got declined service and couldn't renew.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

devynbf

Oct 20, 2012
Some people just don't get it or don't care. Something I bet ya didn't know either. In that small print of your contract did you know it also says that Sprint doesn't guarantee service inside your home.

Also comparing Sprint 3G to Tmobile anything is like comparing apples to oranges.

Again with getting the boot for roaming, I have only ever seen it once and it was happening for alot longer then your contract is for. So don't get your hopes up. And they didn't get booted out of there ETF they just got declined service and couldn't renew.

Lol.
Comparing an apple to an orange.

More like comparing an apple to an orange TREE.

TirithXiato

Mar 18, 2012
My fiancee got a letter shortly after I merged her on to my plan... they termed her because roaming (300+mb a month for 3 consecutive months) and she has to pay etf (she kept another line on it...)

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

xKrisx

Jan 27, 2011
My fiancee got a letter shortly after I merged her on to my plan... they termed her because roaming (300+mb a month for 3 consecutive months) and she has to pay etf (she kept another line on it...)

Yeah, i just got a news letter at work regarding the roaming data limits and voice roaming limits as well.

800 off network minutes or the greater of your plan minutes.
300mb off network data or the greater of your plan data.

Effective March 8th they are going to start fully enforcing the policy. Stated that they have the right to charge / suspend or terminate user.

I should also add that this will be on a case by case basis. There not gonna just start screwin people without looking at all angles. I can however promise ya your not going to get a 700 $ phone for free because you roamed to much.

Last edited:

kwazytazz

Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, N.Y.
How about in areas that the phone roam automatically to other carriers because the signal is so bad? Will they terminate you and charge you etf?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

xKrisx

Jan 27, 2011
How about in areas that the phone roam automatically to other carriers because the signal is so bad? Will they terminate you and charge you etf?

As I stated, it'll more then likely be on a case by case basis. As I stated earlier, if you live in ND or WY, your probably roaming 90% of the time if not more. It's going to be one of those things that we will just have to watch and see. I don't deal with billing or contracts so don't get me to lieing, I just received the news letter on it.

TirithXiato

Mar 18, 2012
Mind you, my fiancee's case was last July... I merged get line to my plan last June, and her sister, who her other line was to, roams at her school... :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The whole reason for force roaming is not wanting to pay the etf. Its not fair to have to pay alot of money for a service ur not getting.. and I live in a city that has been one of the "test" cities for both wimax and LTE. So we got it first. But doesnt seem to do us any good if they say the antennas have been upgraded but the speeds do not reflect it.

It's not fair people like you are too cheap to honor your contract either. It's people who do sh!t like this thay cause prices for the rest of us to increase and perks to be taken away. Sprint has to make money or they can't stay in business. You signed the contract be an adult and honor it. Pay the ETF if you want out instead of finding a loophole to fraudulently break it. Hopefully sprint catches on to this soon and instead of dropping people etf free slap em with a collections debt after cutting em off and make em pay the etf AND roaming charges they racked up trying to get out.

I agree it is un fair to not pay the ETF. If you singed a contract you have to honor it. Sprint has always been fair to me when I was having problems before they updated to LTE and while they were updating they offered me to get out my contact free because they could see I was having real bad voice and everything. I told them nope ill deal with it so they gave me a 275$ credit my bill was 75 for 3 lines for 4 months and now I get 15+ download all day anf 1-5 up it great and im glad I waited out

only in america do we get phones for 199.00 and under....and it is ETF's and contract fees that make up the lost dollars..Note 2 in Japan...yeah $800 american dollars..no discounts..upgrades none of that..you want it...you buy it..
    so quit your crying and put your big boy pants on.

Do you realize what you are saying right now?? Sprint is part of the 4 biggest "nation"wide cellphone providers. Moving to a new place or buying a new home should not depend or be swayed whether my cell phone will work there or not... thats ridiculous.

Im currently with Sprint, and my data speeds are HORRID and practically unusable, i feel bad, but because of work, i sometimes force roam in order to get important emails. If i get booted off, then great! but im not doing it on purpose, i need to receive certain information when out and about.

also, yes, i signed a contract, but they also gave me a contract promising "3G" speeds, honestly, in the same area, my gfs tmobile 2g is sometime faster than my full bars Sprint phone.

Now im not gonna keep roaming when needed, ive just been doing that long enough for my ETF to lower to the selling price of my phone haha.

/rant
    If they boot you for excessive roaming its a 50/50 shot whether you get out without an etf. Just man up and pay it and cut your losses. Btw if you burn them they might not be so tempted to bring you back.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe you should pay your etf and switch providers. You had 14days to cancel your contract free when you signed up that's more than enough time to figure out sprint doesn't work at your house. Or call and request an airrave.

Well I moved 2 months after getting onto Sprint. I got a good signal at my previous home but don't get a single bar at my new home.

I'm damn sure not paying 400 dollars to get out of the contract when I could stay on Verizon's PRL and wait until 4g hits.

If it ever does.
    At this rate we won't get it until next year.

$90 bucks a month for data that barely works.
    $90 bucks a month on a plan I thought was gonna cost $70, because that's what I signed up for.

Frankly, Sprint sucks.
    Simple as that.

Seriously Sprint needs to step up their game...