My battery connection tab fell off

Search This thread

gridflash

Sep 21, 2011
Portland, OR
So how do you hook up, Install on of these wireless chargers.are they pretty good chargers. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

The reciver is a very thin antenna that sits on the battery under the caseback. No bulge . Antenna tab contacts 2 pins on phone.

Edit: Don't know anything about these guys but they're in the New Jersey and they seem to have the same charger and pad as Thoth's camera. $16.95
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-QI-Wi...S_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item27e5b00f37

Last edited:
Reactions: xda23

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
This the thread from last week where I discussed this. Since then there has apparently has been a run on the black pads.
And they've gone from 18.90 to 47.49.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2776884&page=3

But the white ones are still 17.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Qi-St...55159?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item27e324a917

What was good about Thoth's Camera Store is they're in New York.. You don't have to wait for ePacket delivery from China.

I just ordered the white one thanks for the information my friend. :)

CamoCustom

Apr 16, 2012
I ordered one of these too, hope it works well, it would make it easy to charge, I don't have much fingernails and can't open my tab without a knife lol

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
I ordered one of these too, hope it works well, it would make it easy to charge, I don't have much fingernails and can't open my tab without a knife lol

Lol.I feel you bud same here :)

joking

Oct 9, 2007
The reciver is a very thin antenna that sits on the battery under the caseback. No bulge . Antenna tab contacts 2 pins on phone.

Edit: Don't know anything about these guys but they're in the New Jersey and they seem to have the same charger and pad as Thoth's camera. $16.95
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-QI-Wi...S_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item27e5b00f37

Just got mine today. Thanks for the link.

One question though, does the 2 contact pins on the reciever stay in place after you place it in the slots on the phone? On mine I press it down but it doesn't stay snap in.

CamoCustom

Apr 16, 2012
Just got mine today. Thanks for the link.

One question though, does the 2 contact pins on the reciever stay in place after you place it in the slots on the phone? On mine I press it down but it doesn't stay snap in.

I just got mine today too, there was a 2 sided tape that sticks to the battery and the back cover holds it down. It worked through my Otterbox defender case, but got super hot in 5 minutrs, so I am returning it.

joking

Oct 9, 2007
I just got mine today too, there was a 2 sided tape that sticks to the battery and the back cover holds it down. It worked through my Otterbox defender case, but got super hot in 5 minutrs, so I am returning it.

I thought the pins suppose to snap in place once you press it down.

It works through my Spigen Tough Armor case too, mine is stay warm after 20 minutes. I have to bend the tab downward a bit to make sure the pins stay in contact once I put on the back cover.

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009

How hot are we talking?
I was thinking of picking one of these up myself.
If it makes it run hot or really warm I might have to rethink that decision.

joking

Oct 9, 2007
How hot are we talking?
I was thinking of picking one of these up myself.
If it makes it run hot or really warm I might have to rethink that decision.

I'm not sure how hot his is but on mine, the whole phone including the screen get warm just as when you watch video or play game for more than 30 minutes. If it get warmer, then I may consider return or not using wireless charge.

CamoCustom

Apr 16, 2012
It was too hot for my piece of mind. Didn't want to fry anything. Hotter than playing games and such for extended periods

joking

Oct 9, 2007
It was too hot for my piece of mind. Didn't want to fry anything. Hotter than playing games and such for extended periods

I will return for sure if mine is hot like that. Where did you order by the way? I ordered mine from gridflash's 2nd link.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Usb cover is what I know it as.
    Dust and water resistance is it's only purpose and you can use it without it.
    They go for about 6$ on eBay for a replacement
    OEM part for USB cover

Here is the original OEM part from a source other than eBay, just in case that one disappears. Simply unscrew the little retainer above the broken cover and put this one in.

IP67 fully restored.

http://www.witrigs.com/oem-usb-cover-flap-for-samsung-galaxy-s5-sm-g900f
    Mine broke today. I didn't want to deal with refurbs so I don't want to replace the whole phone. I still thought I should stop at a tmobile store and see what they could do. To my surprise, they had a returned S5 and were willing to take the cover off of that one and put it on the new one. The other sad part is they said I wasn't the first one to have this issue. Apparently it's pretty common. :( I'm pretty disappointed in Samsung.
    Mine broke today. I didn't want to deal with refurbs so I don't want to replace the whole phone. I still thought I should stop at a tmobile store and see what they could do. To my surprise, they had a returned S5 and were willing to take the cover off of that one and put it on the new one. The other sad part is they said I wasn't the first one to have this issue. Apparently it's pretty common. :( I'm pretty disappointed in Samsung.

No **** for $700.00 we should not have these problems.