[UPDATED MAY.11.2011]Collection of Mods for Desire HD ROMs [Contributions Welcome!!]

Search This thread

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com

dthoaforum

Sep 10, 2009
As some of you may have noticed, that nifty "Advanced Power Menu" isn't really available as an update.zip for those of us using 1.84.661.1 builds. Well now that's a problem of the past because I present you with a fully functional Advanced Power Menu for builds based on the 1.84.661.1 Desire HD ROM.

NOTE: This will not affect anything on your device other than the menu that appears when you long-press the Red End Call Button.

NOTE2: It might take a long time for your device to boot back up into Android after installing this update. Be patient. It is rebuilding your Dex files and will boot soon.

This includes:Installation:Credits:
Advanced_Power_Menu-wetfloor.jpg

How long does it take to boot back into Android. I've been waiting for one hour already :(
Thanks

DrewVL

Apr 18, 2010
Beautiful British Columbia
After installed it keep crash (FC) cant open any apps or do anything it will FC it off right away :(
i dont care about the power menu but the %in battery is what im after. oh and im using CMYLXGO non squash version...it's the best version of sense hand down!
Drew

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
After installed it keep crash (FC) cant open any apps or do anything it will FC it off right away :(
i dont care about the power menu but the %in battery is what im after. oh and im using CMYLXGO non squash version...it's the best version of sense hand down!
Drew

Updated Framework-res.apk to work with CMYLXGO's latest build attached below. Just replace the apk file in the update.zip downloaded from the OP and install like normal.

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 40

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What we have here is a custom battery indicator for Desire HD ROMs.

It has been designed to look as close to stock as possible but has that extra special little something to make it stand out from the crowd. You'll see that this battery indicator mod is unlike most in that it offers the best of both worlds. It has the both a percentage indicator as well as a nice smooth charging animation. If you have a Desire HD, or a Desire HD based ROM on your device and like that stock look, you can't go wrong with my mod.

NOTE: The first upload, the one that does NOT say "GB.Sense" has only been tested on 1.84 based Desire HD ROMS and I can only guarantee it to work for users using a 1.84 based Desire HD ROM. Because I used the framework-res.apk from the 1.84 ROM, it may not work properly on other builds. If you decide to test it on an older build such as 1.32 or 1.72, please report your results.

NOTE 2: The 2nd file attached, the one that DOES say "GB.Sense", is for GingerSense builds. It has been built using files from the
    2.36.405.8 build and only tested on CMYLXGO's Gingersense ROM. Please test and report your results on other builds.

NOTE 3: This is a complete framework-res.apk file. If you have a custom theme installed that includes the framework-res.apk file, this will revert your framework back to stock with only the custom battery indicator.

This includes:

1. Battery percentages from 0-100%
    2. Smooth charging animation - looks MUCH nicer when charging.
    3. Super simple update.zip that works EVERY SINGLE TIME
    4. Does not affect the APN
    5. Only shows percentage when NOT charging. When plugged in all you see is smooth charging animation.
    Installation:
    1. Reboot your device and hold power key to enter MAGLDR.
    2. Enter AD Recovery(option 8?)
    3. Install zip from SD card
    4. Browse to the zip and install.
    5. Reboot back into Android and enjoy.
    Credits:
    CMYLXGO(for the Desire HD ROM I use and tested this on)
    Krzysiec(for the charging images)
    sopL87(for the 0-100% images)
    UOT Kitchen(for building the framework-res.apk and update.zip as well as the smooth charging animation)
    ME(For putting it all together and simplifying the process for everyone.)
    carl1961(for the updater script signature)
    CMYLXGO(for the blown up example of Battery Indicator)
    Stock_Taskbar_Battery_Percentage-wetfloor.png

Percentages.jpg

As some of you may have noticed, that nifty "Advanced Power Menu" isn't really available as an update.zip for those of us using 1.84.661.1 builds. Well now that's a problem of the past because I present you with a fully functional Advanced Power Menu for builds based on the 1.84.661.1 Desire HD ROM.

NOTE: This will not affect anything on your device other than the menu that appears when you long-press the Red End Call Button.

NOTE2: It might take a long time for your device to boot back up into Android after installing this update. Be patient. It is rebuilding your Dex files and will boot soon.

This includes:
    1. Modified android.policy.jar from 1.84.661.1 Desire HD ROM
    2. 7 options instead of 3 - See screenshot
    3. Hot reboot option when pressing restart from Power Menu
    4. All options work perfectly.
    Installation:
    Credits:
    snq-(for the original Advanced Power Menu Mod)
    rafpigna(for his Rafdroid 4.02 build which I took the file from)
    ME(for building the update.zip and making it super easy for all of you to enjoy it just like I am)
    CMYLXGO(for the nice screenshots)
    Advanced_Power_Menu-wetfloor.jpg

In this post, you'll find a small update that will change the notification bubbles for the HTC Mail and Messaging apps.

In the 1.84 builds, HTC changed the way the notification bubbles appeared on the Mail and Messaging apps. They changed it from a green dot with a nice gradient to a black dot with a green ring around it.

This update will change them back to the original style green notification bubbles that actually match the rest of the notification bubbles and color scheme in the ROM.

NOTE: I took the MMS and Mail.apk's from the 1.84 build and therefore this MOD will not work on another build without bugs. To further my point, the older 1.32 and 1.72 builds already have green notification bubbles like depicted below.

NOTE2: This will NOT delete any of your settings/emails/messages when installing the update.

This includes:
    1. MMS.apk and Mail.apk from 1.84 Desire HD ROM
    2. Modified images to blend in and better match with the rest of the ROM.
    Installation:
    Credits:
    ME(for updating the stock HTC APK's with the new images and putting it all together and simplifying the process for everyone.)

Bubbles.png

How do we install this please?

I really hope you're kidding but just in case.. I updated the OP. You'll install it via Clockwork Mod Recovery.
    Hi there,
    Thank you,
    I wish I could have it working on Imilka.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=954369
    But, it didn't show the percentage in the battery after I followed the exact installation steps on post 1.

Poor me:eek::confused::(

EDIT:
    Made a clear dalvic cache via CWM and still no go

having the same issue here,also using imilka's hd Ram version but after install zip via cwm nothing change..can some1 solve this?much appreciated if some1 can help.tq