FREE LG Optimus G (?) Unlock Code

Search This thread

bleached45

Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
And sadly now in the U.S. unlocking the phone is illegal (I believe only if you are still in a contract).
Stupid crap, glad I got mine done just a week or two before this.

Article.

pinkster

Mar 9, 2011
Montevideo
this applies if i paid the full price of the phone and have no contract? i got a LGOP from AT&T yesterday and i plan to unlock it.

mickey4mice

Oct 18, 2011
Got my free code (the service has gone back up a few days ago) today, did the short code method and it worked like a charm. Highly recommended.

cabbysid

Nov 27, 2012
Got my free code (the service has gone back up a few days ago) today, did the short code method and it worked like a charm. Highly recommended.

Got my free code and was able to unlock the phone per Short Code method instructions. But is there a way for me to verify that the phone is in fact unlocked? I don't have any extra SIM card to try so I wanted to see if this can be checked some other way.

Jakeroxs

Jan 2, 2011
There is a hidden menu somewhere that tells you if it is unlocked or not. I had to use it to unlock because I didn't have a sim card at the time.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

mickey4mice

Oct 18, 2011
2945#*970# if screen says "your phone is not personalized" then you're unlocked.

-Sent from mobile device-

blamster

Nov 9, 2012
I just applied for the free version. Says it will take up to 4 days. Hopefully it works out. I don't even really have need for it, I just wanted to get it done before the law of making it illegal passes (if it does).

mickey4mice

Oct 18, 2011
that's weird, mine asked for code before unlock then shows not personalized screen after successful unlock. did you buy second hand? maybe it's already unlocked by previous owner?

bleached45

Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I just applied for the free version. Says it will take up to 4 days. Hopefully it works out. I don't even really have need for it, I just wanted to get it done before the law of making it illegal passes (if it does).

It already did.
But from what I've read, you are good if you got the phone before it passed (just a few days ago).
Also, I used the free version, worked fine for me, took 2-3 days.

chrisphoenix7

Jan 23, 2011
What you talkin about Willis?

It says my phone is not personalized. Someone earlier said that meant it was unlocked.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

that's weird, mine asked for code before unlock then shows not personalized screen after successful unlock. did you buy second hand? maybe it's already unlocked by previous owner?

Bought a brand new one at Best Buy.

cabbysid

Nov 27, 2012
It says my phone is not personalized. Someone earlier said that meant it was unlocked.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Bought a brand new one at Best Buy.

When your phone says that it's unlocked, does it say that for all five items?
When I accessed Unlock page via 2945#*970# to unlock my phone I saw the following five items:

• Network Lock
  • Network Subset Lock
  • Corporate Lock
  • Service Provider Lock
  • SIM/USIM Lock

Top 4 items were already "not personalized" but when I clicked on "SIM/USIM Lock" it prompted me to enter the unlock code, and when I did, it said that my phone was unlocked successfully. Since then, all five items say that it's not personalized.

Attachments

• 2013-01-31-10-26-35.jpg
    2013-01-31-10-26-35.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
Reactions: droidiac13

H1TM4NXD

Nov 7, 2011
Just paid $4 and it took less than 2 minutes for me to unlock my phone using this site, i was surprised at how fast and well it worked.:good:

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
When your phone says that it's unlocked, does it say that for all five items?
When I accessed Unlock page via 2945#*970# to unlock my phone I saw the following five items:

• Network Lock
  • Network Subset Lock
  • Corporate Lock
  • Service Provider Lock
  • SIM/USIM Lock

Top 4 items were already "not personalized" but when I clicked on "SIM/USIM Lock" it prompted me to enter the unlock code, and when I did, it said that my phone was unlocked successfully. Since then, all five items say that it's not personalized.

Same as my experience.

Sent from my Nocturnal'd LGOG.

Top Liked Posts