SD/MicroSD/USB/microUSB in a single OTG device

Search This thread

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
... I have not tried using 2 slots at a time but yeah u thought I'd share it with yall.

Checking the user comments on Amazon, only one port works at a time also the USB port cannot be used for charging. There are also issues if you have your tablet in a case. I could not find any comment about the upper limit for a memory card if there is one.

mark04

Jan 13, 2013
It's also a mechanical nightmare. Any microUSB adapter like this is going to have to be built to grip the edge of the device, before I'll be interested. Otherwise, one accidental bump and bam, there goes your microUSB port!

the_boo

Oct 30, 2012
It actually sits perfectly flush with the device... very sturdy... It does cover up the headphone jack though

PuroKaibil

Sep 17, 2010
... It does cover up the headphone jack though

That's a turn OFF for me... :( Imagine if you want to watch a movie from your SD card using the headphones while sitting on an air plane or anywhere. Now.. if only there were female microusb to female microusb extension cables. :fingers-crossed:

scooterboy5

Dec 4, 2012
You're right - zooming in on the female end, it does look like micro.

I guess it's a crapshoot whether the picture is correct, or the description is correct. Can't be both though!