No Sound, Tried Multiple Fixes i9505

Search This thread

Robotic4

Oct 3, 2011
The sound comes back on with the WiFi Fix modem, but then it goes away after I make the first phone call...I've tried re-flashing it, taking battery out, re-flashing again, take battery out and then boot up but after I make the first phone call it goes away again.

The only way I can get sound going (until I make a call) is to wipe the cache/perform a factory reset. Take battery out. Put battery back in, boot into download mode, flash WiFi Fix modem. XXUEMK9-Wifi-Fix. Take battery out, put back in, flash modem again. Take battery out, turn on and then the sound works until I make a phone call..

Last edited:

Robotic4

Oct 3, 2011
So, I decide to reboot the phone. Sound comes back on during boot and normal stuff, then when I make a call and go back to the home screen the sound stops again and I need to reboot again to get it back working again. Grr!! So whenever I make a call it just stops!

antoisverige

Oct 22, 2008
Lund
Hands-free set

Hi! Do you use any kind of bluetooth device on your car? Maybe the sound is transferred to such device when you try and make a phone call, as we know the phone speakers seem to be fine and apparently nothing else seems to be working. That would explain why the sound disappears after you make a call. If I recall right in some countries you cannot drive and talk on the phone if you have to touch it in any way to answer a call, so all the incoming calls are transmitted to the BT set and you think your sound is not working. Sometimes the answer to our problems is easier than we think. Been there done that. Sorry for my rusty English. Spanish or Swedish are welcome, as long as I don't offend anyone or break any forum rules, which I promise I read when I signed up some time ago, when I bought my old HTC Diamond...

Last edited:

illikkalshahid

Mar 17, 2013
CALICUT
Hi! Do you use any kind of bluetooth device on your car? Maybe the sound is transferred to such device when you try and make a phone call, as we know the phone speakers seem to be fine and apparently nothing else seems to be working. That would explain why the sound disappears after you make a call. If I recall right in some countries you cannot drive and talk on the phone if you have to touch it in any way to answer a call, so all the incoming calls are transmitted to the BT set and you think your sound is not working. Sometimes the answer to our problems is easier than we think. Been there done that. Sorry for my rusty English. Spanish or Swedish are welcome, as long as I don't offend anyone or break any forum rules, which I promise I read when I signed up some time ago, when I bought my old HTC Diamond...
please be quiet if you don't know about it..plz

antoisverige

Oct 22, 2008
Lund
Have you heard about something called respect?

While it is true that I would probably not be able to put a ROM together even if my life depended on it, if I were to be as disrespectful I could say that I was probably trying new things on my phones before you stopped using diapers (because you have, right?) I actually encountered this problem on my old Desire HD and freezing the car. apk with titanium did the trick. Just trying to help, as I believe the spirit of this forum is.

illikkalshahid

Mar 17, 2013
CALICUT
While it is true that I would probably not be able to put a ROM together even if my life depended on it, if I were to be as disrespectful I could say that I was probably trying new things on my phones before you stopped using diapers (because you have, right?) I actually encountered this problem on my old Desire HD and freezing the car. apk with titanium did the trick. Just trying to help, as I believe the spirit of this forum is.

i am sorry.. so desperate..

antoisverige

Oct 22, 2008
Lund
Have you heard about something called respect?

antoisverige

Oct 22, 2008
Lund
tried this?

forum/15-galaxy-s4-audio/2052-no-sound-except-if-someone-calls

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

I cannot post complete url adresses yet,but if you google the thread I posted you will probably find the same site where people had similar problems and the solutions they found. All I wanted to say before is that you know that your speakers are working and if your phone stops working after you make a call, there must be something triggering this behaviour just then. A profiler maybe? Do you use "llama"? Someone had similar problems and disabling "llama" did the trick.

Last edited:

illikkalshahid

Mar 17, 2013
CALICUT
I've got a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 Australian Model. The Snapdragon one.

I initially had Omega V10, I upgraded to V18 and the sound turned itself on and off, but then it started rebooting randomly and sound stopped all together. I upgraded to V19 with the same issue of no sound after the first call is made. I re-installed V19, V18 & 10 a few times. I flashed the appropriate modem for my old boot-loader several times on each rom and done clean installs as well.

I then moved to the Pheonix ROM, Installed exactly as the instructions stated. I then installed the modem as per instructions as I was having issues with the GSM/LTE then after the first call sound stopped working all together. I flashed ROM again and again, flashed the modem again, flashed a Wi-Fi Fix modem, flashed the kernel a couple of times and sound still doesn't work. It's every time after the first call is made, it just disappears.

I then decided to do a stock recovery in Odin. I installed official stock firmware XXUBMG4. Still no sound, I was getting the sound on boot but now it's gone all together.

What's my next step here? I'm almost certain I didn't flash an incorrect modem file but maybe I did........Should I try installing official 4.3? Is this something to do with installing a modem that's higher than what I should have installed and now I can't go back but only forward eg: 4.3?

I've lost root now as I flashed the official stock firmware via Odin, I'm happy to do whatever it takes to get the sound working. I'm not fussed at all about warranty.
hey, you got an solution?? pls help me too

illikkalshahid

Mar 17, 2013
CALICUT
got it dears....!!!!!

:) i got everything ok now..
what i have done is
1. flash latest available stock rom (XXUEMK9 for me)
2. flashed MK9 modem again 2 times
3.flashed wifi fix one time
4. factory reset
5.restart still there was no sound, but after setting up, when tried to take phone app(dialer app), my phone restarted making evrything normal
Yess.. I believe in GOD...
try it, may god help you too...

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
what i have done is
4. factory reset
5.restart still there was no sound, but after setting up, when tried to take phone app(dialer app), my phone restarted making evrything normal
Im happy for u sir :victory:

Reactions: illikkalshahid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, Couldn't take a screen shot but took a photo. I flashed stock firmware via Odin. I originally had XXUBMH1
    Download this ONE and flash it. When u finish the process, make us other photo like the post#3
    Download this ONE and flash it. When u finish the process, make us other photo like the post#3

Cool no worries, I'm downloading now. It say's it's got about an hour.

I'll flash as soon as it's downloaded. Hopefully this works!! If it does I'll be shouting you a drink!!
    what i have done is
    4. factory reset
    Im happy for u sir :victory: