Rom Port Beanstalk hercules-4.4.4 KitKat Unofficial 06-27-14

Search This thread

phenom69

Oct 5, 2011
email app force closing

hey guys, I flashed beanstalk, did a full wipe and everything works except the email app. When I try to sign in, it force closes on me. Is there a fix for this? Please help. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

hey guys, I flashed beanstalk, did a full wipe and everything works except the email app. When I try to sign in, it force closes on me. Is there a fix for this? Please help. Thanks.

any help please??????

hatememarkz

Sep 24, 2012
tallahasseee

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

any help please??????

Remove it then reinstall from playstore

liquidiZED GS² T989
OKJ+GREENIFY+UBER 2GHZf

mpces

Feb 12, 2013
boise

any help please??????

Email working fine for me on latest build

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

thadustman

Dec 15, 2011
Could you pm me how you or anyone really got viper to work on 4.4 with our herc? On 4.2 I just installed and that's it but that isn't working is there anything else to do? Mine never shows it processing also I use a third party music app Mortplayer eq disabled so it use system settings which use to be viper but now even compadabilty mode and such it never make a difference sound wise to my ears when I use to tell bigg difference before

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

spirodave

Mar 3, 2014
Saint Louis missouri
Lags within Setting Menu

I am definitly staying on this rom due to the amazing battery life. Only problem i have is when i am in the settings menu things seem to lag. I am using nova launcher all animations are set to lighting fast . Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks again for the port

x.0ni.x

Account currently disabled
Oct 13, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Could you pm me how you or anyone really got viper to work on 4.4 with our herc? On 4.2 I just installed and that's it but that isn't working is there anything else to do? Mine never shows it processing also I use a third party music app Mortplayer eq disabled so it use system settings which use to be viper but now even compadabilty mode and such it never make a difference sound wise to my ears when I use to tell bigg difference before

The problem is that the viper audio version that sounds has put with this ROM is incompatible with 4.4+ and I've informed sounds of the issue and it's something that can be easily fixed. Go to settings>beanstalk options>scroll down to>general settings>tap >system app remover>scroll down to the viper audio apk>delete it.(viper audio apk ONLY I can't stress that enough) reboot your phone then flash this----> http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2625056&d=1394549299 just like a ROM. And there's your updated viper audio compatible with android 4.4+. Enjoy.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

I am definitly staying on this rom due to the amazing battery life. Only problem i have is when i am in the settings menu things seem to lag. I am using nova launcher all animations are set to lighting fast . Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks again for the port
try setting you system animation in the developers options all to .5 and that'll set ur animations faster. Should be waaay faster for u.

phenom69

Oct 5, 2011
Yes, I did a clean flash, full wipe.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

I just uninstalled it and download another email apk. This one works.

theneedhamwrath

Jun 14, 2012
Running with Uber 2ghz...very nice.. Can anyone let me know if there are gps locking issues? Haven't used it yet but wasn't sure if there was an issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
How do the links work here? Can't download

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

NM... Didn't realize you had to copy and paste. Figured it out.

cr3d1ts

Feb 13, 2011
Does swipe work for u guys? Ive reflashed several times, swipe still doesnt work, only tapping does :/

soundsofmath

Aug 21, 2012
Does swipe work for u guys? Ive reflashed several times, swipe still doesnt work, only tapping does :/

A sorry about that man your right swipe doesn't work on the keyboard I'm going to leave the Google keyboard in the next build cause the swipe doesn't work on the KitKat keyboard maybe cause its install as system app if you prefer the KitKat keyboard over the Google keyboard cause the KitKat has more emoji like iOS emoji then try installing as user app or uninstalling and installing again from play store my apologies for not responding sooner as I was working on i9100 ports and I didn't have no luck peace!!!!

soundsofmath

Aug 21, 2012
Yes, I did a clean flash, full wipe.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

I just uninstalled it and download another email apk. This one works.

The email app has been working for me sorry I didn't back to you sooner but thanks for figuring something out for yourself I will take a look at that on next build peace!!!!

soundsofmath

Aug 21, 2012
The problem is that the viper audio version that sounds has put with this ROM is incompatible with 4.4+ and I've informed sounds of the issue and it's something that can be easily fixed. Go to settings>beanstalk options>scroll down to>general settings>tap >system app remover>scroll down to the viper audio apk>delete it.(viper audio apk ONLY I can't stress that enough) reboot your phone then flash this----> http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2625056&d=1394549299 just like a ROM. And there's your updated viper audio compatible with android 4.4+. Enjoy.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

try setting you system animation in the developers options all to .5 and that'll set ur animations faster. Should be waaay faster for u.[/QUOT

My apologies for not responding sooner I was working on porting
i9100 but had no luck anyway the viper audio was and has been working for me the problem is if you Dont have any more space in the system partition of the phone it won't install the drivers but if you successfully installed the drivers and still didn't work I will look into that also remember after installing drivers and making any changes to viper setting you must reboot anyway I took the feedback and went ahead and got the latest viper audio and modded the name to beats audio and changed the icon so it will be in the next build thanks for the feedback peace!!!!

Reactions: thadustman

jthrasher47

Apr 6, 2012
Charleston SC
@soundsofmath Could you please post a mirror for some reason I cannot download either of the files all I get is some v211.bin or something like that every time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bring you beanstalk to our beloved Hercules tons of customizations including theme engine
    Not my work my port hope you enjoy

Beanstalk%20Presentation.png

Features.png

CM11 based
    Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    Customizable Lockscreen text color
    Lockscreen rotation
    Option to enable all widgets
    Minimize lockscreen challange
    Use widget carousel
    Slider Shortcuts
    Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    Lockscreen button actions
    LCD Density
    Scroll elasticity options
    Default App grip option
    Custom Carrier label
    Dual Pane options
    Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    Status bar color and transparency
    Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    Breathing SMS option
    Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    Do not disturb option
    Show notification count
    Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
    Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    Kill app back button with customizable timeout values
    High end graphic effects option
    Option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    Low battery warning customizable options
    Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    Less frequent Notification sounds options
    CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    CM Performance options and features
    About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    Insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    Option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Changelog 3/13/14
    DPI at 215

Installation
    Full wipe
    Install ROM
    Install 4.4x gapps enjoy

ROM Download v1
    http://180upload.com/0iedj319xtzm

changelog 3/14/14
    lock screen torch fixed
    lock screen custom icons fixed
    added advance options with s2 icon which are the s2 gyroscope and sensor options
    added scrolling modifier animations
    added slim recent

Rom v1
    http://180upload.com/1tcpisvma78f

Change log 3/15/14
    Removed DSP manager added modded viper audio (Thanks to the guys at viper audio)
    Removed Google keyboard added KitKat keyboard
    Removed dash clock widget added better dash clock widget pro
    Removed yellow torch added blue torch (icon)
    Removed yellow email added blue email (icon)
    Removed stock MMS added themable stock mms
    Added halo appdraw app
    Added Ringo pro
    Added video caller I'd
    Lock screen torch not working again at least for me
    Lock screen targets custom icon working

ROM v2
    http://180upload.com/gkqfehys84fb

People let me know what apps to add or remove in v2

Changelog 3/22/14
    removed dsp manager added latest modded viper audio (thanks to viper audio guys & x.0ni.x)
    543409_545378615533820_1857812272_n.png

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223
    removed stock calculator added themable calculator
    removed stock mms added nexus 4 stock mms with slide ability
    removed stock contexual pics for notifications added du pics (thanks to x.0ni.x)
    removed dashclock widget added better dashclock widget pro
    added playstore
    added new modded fully working camera
    added modded GEL
    added gmail

Rom v1
    http://d-h.st/vbJ

my sincere apologies for taking so long and for the record i have no favorites i actually hate humans lmfao
    shoutouts to x.0ni.x and hatememarkz for helping me and pointing certain things out like updates or bloatware feedback please so i can get started on v2 enjoy

iADVEL4FO0bXR.jpg

Rom changelog 3/31/14
    removed dsp manager added viper audio thanks to the guys at viper audio
    removed dashclock widget added better dashclock widget pro
    removed calculator added themable calculator
    added halo appdraw app
    removed contextual pics added du contexual pics
    added latest xposed installer
    removed all gapps enjoy

Rom: http://d-h.st/uXL

Gapps chanelog 3/31/14
    removed velvet/GEL added modded GEL Launcher
    removed wallet most of us dont have money thats why we have the hercules still cause we can afford new devices lol get from playstore if you feel like bill gates
    removed videos get from playstore
    removed music rom has apollo get from playstore
    removed magazines again need money get from playstore
    removed google earth use maps get from playstore
    removed books again need money get from playstore
    removed chrome rom has aosp browser get it from playstore
    removed photosphere my camera port has photophere and video 1080p working

i removed these things cause most people dont use and needed room in system to install viper audio drivers and exposed installer files
    now people if you flash other gapps your on your own for the most part im still to help and give my feedback enjoy

Gapps: http://180upload.com/fswjuzsqjqc9

sorry for the wait internet/servers are crazy in pa enjoy

Rom Changelog: 4/18/14
    removed dsp manager added viper audio (thanks to the viper audio guys)
    removed dash clock widget added better dash clock widget
    removed camera and gallery added my fully working camera and gallery
    new battery saving mode in beanstalk options with lots of features
    besides that left as is to many people having diffrent issues that i never have on none of my phones so as is it is
    no gapps this time around either same reason the issues people have most of the time is their phones or the rom having so much crap that theres no rom for big gapps or other system files so it causes fc on certain apps all this i learned on my own no thinking i know it all or blaming the devs who built the roms not that anyone came at me sideways or anything just saying any issues ask in the thread or pm me i will look into it enjoy

Rom:4/18/14

http://d-h.st/y4v

Rom:5/15/14

http://d-h.st/tj8

Changelog:

added the viper audio
    added my camera

Discription:
    everything else is just the way they built it in skyrocket
    guys this rom is too big to flash big gapps meaning as the rom gets bigger it takes away from system partition so go get pa mini or micro gapps thats not on me i port it and post it as is i do make my own version wich is only 148mb with the essentials i will post sometime this week if i get enough people that like it i will start posting my version just a heads up shoutout to my new buddy mobilis2009 check out his version when you get a chance show him some love enjoy you already know people pm me for anything this **** craze

Rom: 6/8/14
    http://d-h.st/nue

Rom: 6/26/14
    http://d-h.st/wFj

XDA:DevDB Information
    Rom Port Beanstalk hercules-4.4.4 KitKat Unofficial, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    soundsofmath
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-03-14
    Last Updated 2014-06-27
    ok here we go i flashed the last build the same day i posted it no uber kernel no aosp crap no nothing and i havent had any issues at all no missed calls no missed text from my loved ones no lags no random reboots nothing and i have over 300 apps installed to system usb and sd card and i have 8 ongoing widgets actually 9 the one on lockscreen and my battery last 24 hours plus with wifi on and 12 plus hours with wifi off using just data and ive tested it so please people if you mixing and matching flashing gapps that someone conditioned you to believe are better than others thats on you and thats not saying my gapps are the solution or the problem my gapps come from pa gapps do what works for you thats what i do but dont complain or act like something is wrong with the rom personally i never even liked beanstalk rom but realistically since i made the rom not cause i made it but this is the best rom out there speed stability features etc and i check other roms daily and no rom comes close not aosb not pac not carbon not dirty unicorns again im not a developer i just ported this rom but nuthing comes close so please cut it out people you sound like lost kids i dont mind true criticism it motivates me a few of you know that but not unjustified complaints from your own doing ask for help but dont forget to mention that you want to have the galaxy s10 qualities on the galaxy s2 lol just had to get this off my chest enjoy your weekend people
    I post another link later sorry about that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
    Wow...so this would've been what beanstalk would've been played out if it'd been continued for our device. I'm running this right now and for a nearly 2 month old ROM it had more features then 90% of ROMs a month and half ago. Funny thing is when I checked the skyrocket thread they just released a new new version last night v255 and is this one v251? Hopefully your v2 will be the new build base.:fingers-crossed: But I'm probably gonna go back to DU. But sounds sir thinks again for giving this phone just a lil bit for life when most others have left us as a distant memory. Can't wait for you v2 of this and a v3 of DU.:cool:

im posting the new version right now and v2 off the new version with my tweaks and apps like viper audio etc later
    this is a port not from source so as long as they keep building i will keep porting it or untill i get tired of poeple not knowing what their doing and having issues that i myself know dont exist but their on the thread asking question to other members when they not searching for answers or solutions on their own or they mess stuff up them selves and now acting like its something wrong with the rom cause if i spot something i would put it in changelog
    nothing personal with anyone just that i learned all this stuff on my own by taking chances and excepting and learning from my mistakes not once did i blamed the devs or the rom itself and im not a dev or nothing but i did this cause other devs are full of crap with our device and too full of themselves enjoy