Latest Android version to feature native install to SD card function

Search This thread

khaotik

Jul 25, 2009
Palmas
hello everyone, I would love to know whatb was the last version of Android to feature native "install to SD card" function, before this adoptable storage bull****. are there good ROMs around here for the v500 based on this Android version?

hergen66

Aug 7, 2013
Berlin
hello everyone, I would love to know whatb was the last version of Android to feature native "install to SD card" function, before this adoptable storage bull****. are there good ROMs around here for the v500 based on this Android version?
Native "install to SD" support was last available in Android 2.x, which was way before the v500 even came into the market. Starting with 4.x (ICS), SD card support was gradually crippled by Google, peaking in 4.4 (KitKat), where non-system apps were no longer able to write to the card at all. Android 5 brought back data (but not app) storage on SD, Android 6 brought adoptable storage. No, I don't like that concept either, but it is the way Google did choose.

There is no ROM which does what you want, and most modern apps don't like to be forced to SD either.

Reactions: khaotik

khaotik

Jul 25, 2009
Palmas
Native "install to SD" support was last available in Android 2.x, which was way before the v500 even came into the market. Starting with 4.x (ICS), SD card support was gradually crippled by Google, peaking in 4.4 (KitKat), where non-system apps were no longer able to write to the card at all. Android 5 brought back data (but not app) storage on SD, Android 6 brought adoptable storage. No, I don't like that concept either, but it is the way Google did choose.

There is no ROM which does what you want, and most modern apps don't like to be forced to SD either.

thanks for the clear answer, much appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.