Force all Apps in Landscape mode

Search This thread

minhgi

Hello I was able to make all my apps on the FireTV start in landscape at launch.

App needed:
Ultimate Rotation Control 5.30
Ultimate Rotation Control license (purchase from the Playstore)

Extract the apks(app and license) from a rooted device using Root Explorer
Push both onto the FireTV
In app, set the Global setting to portrait mode.

All your apps that tend to launch in portrait mode now start in landscape mode.

Last edited:

nba1341

Feb 13, 2011
San Bernardino, California
Hello I was able to make all my apps on the FireTV start into portrait at launch.

App needed:
Ultimate Rotation Control 5.30
Ultimate Rotation Control license (purchase from the Playstore)

Extract the apks(app and license) from a rooted device using Root Explorer
Push both onto the FireTV
In app, set the Global setting to portrait mode.

All your apps that tend to launch in landscape mode now start in portrait mode.

Why would someone want fire TV apps to launch in portrait mode? Then you can't see then?

harlekinwashere

Aug 20, 2016
I'm using the same app for months now and havent noticed that it would be responsible for hogging the adb connection channel.

Its much more likely, that the app you used to push/install it hasn't exited the adb session cleanly (apps2fire for example is notorious for this behavior).

Anyway - sometimes, although very infrequently *some* app hogs the adb connection in my case as well - in those cases I have resorted to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.wifiadb to toggle adb off and on again. (root required) - because its a bit faster than to do the same via the built in adb toggle Amazon provides.

So - at least its not normal for the "Rotate Screen Orientation" app to block the adb channel on a regular basis, in my experience.

d3adpool

Dec 9, 2007
Just giving everyone a heads up. This app works great. However, if it's running in the background, you'll be unable to sideload any other apk via adb. Just make sure you force stop this app prior to sideloading anything else. ;)
Unless I'm the only one having this issue...

Yea I think it may be just you as I've had rotate screen orientation installed for about a year and have never had to force stop it to sideload anything. I've had to either force stop firestarter or disable then re-enable adb debugging in ftv settings a handful of times to sideload apks when I've had those issues.

Top Liked Posts