Error when checking for software update?

Search This thread

Cyberguycpt

Mar 22, 2009
I was getting the error up until today. Now it says software up to date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
Yea me either but it's more than a coincidence that this phone is just fine and displays no errors . So I think I made a good choice and the tech I talked to wasn't low level per say I know a few on the inside :) and he called AT&T for me as well but to each their own and good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Yea me either but it's more than a coincidence that this phone is just fine and displays no errors . So I think I made a good choice and the tech I talked to wasn't low level per say I know a few on the inside :) and he called AT&T for me as well but to each their own and good luck

Still getting a communication failed error, I wonder if it's because I've disabled some apps. In any case I think I'm going to hold tight until there's an update available and then look into it. My phone is running perfect except for this update notification and there are no hardware issues either. I believe if ota doesn't work most times you can update via Kies too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

BonesHopkins

Jun 29, 2012
Anybody else left with this issue?

Yeah, still having it. I'm trying very hard to work through the issues my phone is having instead of exchanging it because I hate returning and exchanging stuff, especially after the time I've spent getting this phone set up. This issue has me a little worried though.

BakaNeko59

Jan 19, 2011
Columbia, MO
Anybody else left with this issue?

Yes, I still have the problem as well. I've tried on both wifi and 4G (H+ and LTE) with no difference. I'm concerned it may be a hardware fault with the phone as some others have indicated.

Looking for advice - Should I be exchanging the phone for this one single problem?

BonesHopkins

Jun 29, 2012
BTW, does anyone know how to bypass the 48 hour wait before you can check again? Makes it kind of hard to troubleshoot when you can only check it once every 24 or 48 hours.

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
Yes set the date ahead a day or two. Fyi I knew there would be more people out there .

BonesHopkins

Jun 29, 2012
Yes but so far all it seems to do is disable local search so you may be happy your update doesn't work :D

lol...yeah...I just read about it. Still, I'm more worried about my update not working than I am about the universal search. The universal search can probably be worked around via software or an app but hardware that won't update is simply broken.

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
lol...yeah...I just read about it. Still, I'm more worried about my update not working than I am about the universal search. The universal search can probably be worked around via software or an app but hardware that won't update is simply broken.

Did you figure out how to fix this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I keep getting some weird error like "server not available" and then I have to wait 24 hours to try again and then get an error. I know there's probably not an update but want to make sure there's not anything wrong with the phone. Anybody getting an error when checking for software update on AT&T GS3?
    This is what I get. Anybody on AT&T NOT getting this screen?

Maybe AT&T has multiple update servers and only certain geographic areas has theirs up.
    people just exchange phone i did and have no software issues the phones were probably flash wrong

I told you guys what Samsung told me

yeah, I'm going to the store tomorrow and see if they'll exchange it for me.